Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 13th January 2016, 17:55
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Default Thanks for the support I received

Unfortunately it seems that this forum is pro abuse of the disabled as counter attacks against Tory claims that most disabled are fakes are not allowed. This tells me those that run the site support the Tory position and therefore abuse of the disabled.
I do not want to be part of such a forum and have therefore asked to leave.
I am sad that it has turned out this way.
Old 13th January 2016, 18:18

Mood
Nerdy

Default Re: Thanks for the support I received

I think you're better off staying away from the extreme left/right views of usenet and staying around here.
Old 13th January 2016, 18:30

Asked to leave?

You realise you can leave at any time, your not forced to come on here.
Old 13th January 2016, 18:35

I'm also sure there isn't a Tory bias in the mods, the reverse if anything. But actually I'm sure it's neutral. If posts are removed I'm sure it's because of the tone and not the content.
Hope you stay firemonkey.
Old 13th January 2016, 19:13

Mood
Bitching

I'm definitely not a bloody Tory
Old 13th January 2016, 19:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStorm
I don't know what's happened to make you feel this way and I take nothing to do with the political stuff on here anyway, there's enough of that going on where I live to put me off it.
Just want to say hope you are okay, and maybe you can get it sorted out whatever it is.
Agreed. Hope you're OK and good luck to you if you do indeed leave. Bottom line, if this place is helping then stay, if it's not, then leave. Easy Look after yourself.
Old 13th January 2016, 19:30

Mood
Cynical

I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't see any evidence that the mods support the Tory position on disabled people at all, quite the opposite. You've seen all the accusations of left wing bias

If this is about the thread you posted, I think maybe it was the fact that you weren't pointing to specific examples of Tory policy etc, posting an article or starting a debate, which I assume would have been fine.

I hope you decide to stay.
Old 13th January 2016, 19:31

Mood
Lurking

I'm with you on one thing. Tory attitudes towards the disabled and other vulnerable groups in society make my flesh crawl. I fear for humanity when their like have power. But in all honesty I don't believe there is a Tory bias from the moderators here on the site. If there were, I'd have left the site long ago as I find Tory ideology repulsive.

I assume this has something to do with your thread which was removed? I only caught the first few posts so don't know how it developed.

If you do still get something out of posting/reading here then stick around, mate.

From what I have gathered through reading posts from many of the people who moderate this site I'd suggest that many are as disgusted with Tory attitudes and policy towards vulnerable people as you and I are. I think they just have to try to maintain a sort of balance and try to make sure posts from members on all sides of the political spectrum stay within the site rules and don't go over the top. That's not a job I'd like to do myself because on emotive issues like this one someone will still always get upset and will feel the mods have got it wrong. They are often in a no-win situation really.

But anyway, I really don't think the mods are Tory biased and I'd bet my last quid that they are definitely not pro-abuse of any kind. Like I said, if this site was that way inclined I'd have binned it off years ago.

Stick around, mate.
Old 13th January 2016, 19:38

If a Tory bias did exist within the moderation team this place would have gone to shit along time ago.

I hope you stick around.
Old 13th January 2016, 19:41

Mood
Lurking

^

To be honest, I don't think a support site like this could even survive if it was clearly Tory / Right-Wing biased. It's membership would dwindle to virtually nothing.
Old 13th January 2016, 19:46

I hope you stick around, firemonkey. Don't let them grind you down.
Old 13th January 2016, 20:35

I really enjoyed reading your posts, very informative,hope you're back soon x
Old 14th January 2016, 09:34

When both sides accuse us of bias, it makes me think we must be doing something right...
Old 14th January 2016, 10:06

^Ha, correct
Old 14th January 2016, 10:51

Mood
Balanced

***8230;must***8230;not***8230;post***8230;picture***8230;of***8230;drama***8230;llama***8230;arghhhh hhhh! *explodes*
Old 14th January 2016, 11:21

Mood
Breezy

^ I agree, and I have been staying away from political threads as they just stress me out, no-one is going to change their views it seems, including me!

Firemonkey maybe just use this forum for other stuff and stay away from the politics for a bit? Hope you stay
Old 14th January 2016, 12:35
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Have unsubscribed from the newsgroup. It was not mental illness friendly. Even a Labour supporter was making out I was stupid because I'd said I had a mental illness. I may not be a super genius but I am far from stupid.

They say the way to combat stigma is to be open about your illness but it's easier said than done. There are lots of ignorant and small minded people out there.
Old 14th January 2016, 14:06

Mood
Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemonkey
...They say the way to combat stigma is to be open about your illness but it's easier said than done. There are lots of ignorant and small minded people out there.
You're not kidding there. Much of what I see, hear and read leaves me despairing for the future of humanity if I'm honest. Being open is no bad thing in the right circumstances and with a reasonably open and intelligent audience, but much of the internet is simply a cesspool of wilful ignorance and utter stupidity. Sometimes I think it wise to pick and choose where and when to be so frank about certain things.

I hope you are feeling a bit better today.
Old 14th January 2016, 16:24

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemonkey
Have unsubscribed from the newsgroup. It was not mental illness friendly. Even a Labour supporter was making out I was stupid because I'd said I had a mental illness. I may not be a super genius but I am far from stupid.

They say the way to combat stigma is to be open about your illness but it's easier said than done. There are lots of ignorant and small minded people out there.
Ime not quite sure if youre referring to this forum or somewhere else Firemonkey?

But, if you are referring to SA Uk Ime quite surprised. Like yourself , Ime disgusted by the Tory "Demonization" of the poor and Sick in this country , but I have to say that Ive not seen any evidence of support for this sort of Right wing Tory Ideology from the mods on here.