SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Mental Health Issues
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 27th December 2017, 16:54

Mood
Worried

Default Introduce mandatory training in autism for all NHS mental health services.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/207658

Please sign and pass on to people you know.
Old 31st December 2017, 13:48

Mood
Tired

Default Re: Introduce mandatory training in autism for all NHS mental health services.

Things are definitely moving on, in schools especially, autism awareness is definitely on the increase,
It's a pity it wasn't there for people when I was young, but I'm sure it is now.
My local authority social work team are training up and appointing new autism awareness personell who will be affiliated with local schools.
It's looking more positive for the future,

Do you feel you are on the autism spectrum firemonkey?
I now know I was suffering from some form of autism from an early age,
Looking back, many of the signs & behaviours were obvious, but I was just labelled as a freak or a weirdo unfortunately.
Old 31st December 2017, 14:30

Mood
Worried

Default Re: Introduce mandatory training in autism for all NHS mental health services.

I definitely think I have autistic traits, but may be fit a similar thing,non-verbal learning disorder, better.

I'm very wary of pressing for an assessment. (a) Fear of a negative assessment due to people covering their backs ie " We never got it wrong" when it’s obvious to any honest and intelligent person that they did. (b) If the assessment does happen to be done in an honest manner and they still say it’s not autism that other possibilities as to neurodiversity won’t be explored. I know there are extremely few resources for NVLD which is an alternative possibility.