SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 30th July 2011, 19:32

Question Your idea of an all-ends-well fictional film portraying SA

Whats your idea of an all-ends-well fictional film portraying SA??

I'm a wallowing lowly low and have been for a long time but have always entertained the idea that something miraculous is going to happen that will pull me up and out of the mire.

I've seen quite a few films but have yet to come across one that deals with SA. I've not actually searched for any as yet. I'm quite a fan of 'As Good As It Get's' (film that portrays OCD in a humorous way) which has a fairytale ending but LOVE is the eventual cure of the main characters ailment. Having never been in "love" i'm not quite sure of it's ability to wrench people like me out of the shit. I'd like something more tangible like saving someones life or perhaps befriending a homeless person, stray-dog... something like that.

Just a bit of fun.
Old 30th July 2011, 21:39

Mood
Happy

Default Re: Your idea of an all-ends-well fictional film portraying SA

I picture a theme of the local outcast downtrodden by all that pass his way wins the super lottery and suddenly becomes loved by everyone he meets. Everyone else then suffers a form of s.a. cos the're petrified of saying the wrong thing and losing out on a hand out which would hurt their pride every bit as much as their pocket. Suddenly loads of people want to spend time with this guy, they invite him into their homes which hitherto they guarded with a locked door and a death ear to the door bell.
This guy spends a goodly fraction of his money sending saukers to health farms and better still sets up a health farm exclusively for saukers who develope a subtle superiority complex to their neighbours who only go to the caravan park for their holiday.
He sets up the saukers Barbados holiday company which has a few spaces for the odd model..............
At a deep level there's question of how much importance we give to people and why !
Closed Thread