SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 8th July 2006, 23:18
Intro Guy

Default Public information films

Ever wondered what happened to those quaint public information films with Charlie the cat telling us not to talk to strangers, and Joe and Petunia telling us about all kinds of perils?

Well wonder no more, you can view them all over again and get all nostalgic like...

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/films/1964to1979/
Old 8th July 2006, 23:22

Mood
Lucky

Default Re: Public information films

You can get loads of these on a DVD called 'Charley Says'. It's usually cheap (around 6/7 quid) and the newer release is a 2-disc job that includes the first volume as a freebie.
Old 8th July 2006, 23:25
Intro Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quiet Dan
You can get loads of these on a DVD called 'Charley Says'. It's usually cheap (around 6/7 quid) and the newer release is a 2-disc job that includes the first volume as a freebie.
Yeah, I've heard of that. I might get the two-disc one
Old 8th July 2006, 23:28

Mood
Lucky

It's well worth getting - I got the first vol in 2001 and that's absolutely crammed-full with the darn things so to get two volumes for the same price I paid for one is pretty value-tastic (it's even got that creepy 'stay away from water' one with Donald Pleasance.) Well atmospheric. :D
Old 8th July 2006, 23:31
Intro Guy

Sounds good to me :D
Old 9th July 2006, 12:07

Mood
Pensive

When I was little Tufty the squirrel featured in road safety information films. There were children at my school who joined the Tufty Club.

Old 9th July 2006, 12:20

i remember being showed one in junior school, can't remember the name of it but it was about sorts of safety aspects.
it showed a boy going into an abandond house and getting electricuted, and then showed the perrils of diving into rivers.boy jumped in, landed on a four foot metal stike that drove it's way all the way through his leg and out the other end!
Old 9th July 2006, 12:38

Mood
Pensive

I remember being shown something similar at school about some children playing and one left the group and climbed into an abandoned fridge. I remember feeling very horrified at it.
Old 9th July 2006, 12:39

Mood
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie57
When I was little Tufty the squirrel featured in road safety information films. There were children at my school who joined the Tufty Club.

I was a member of the Tufty Club. I don't know how old I was at the time (25 :D ) but I remember it being held in a large hotel in my village. Sadly the hotel has been knocked down. Everyone in the village assumed it was a listed building so it came as a bit of a shock when it disappeared. There used to be 3 pubs in the village - now there's only 1. Back to the Tufty Club. I don't even remember how often we went or what even happened at these meetings.
Old 9th July 2006, 12:41

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasie
I was a member of the Tufty Club. I don't know how old I was at the time (25 :D ) but I remember it being held in a large hotel in my village. Sadly the hotel has been knocked down. Everyone in the village assumed it was a listed building so it came as a bit of a shock when it disappeared. There used to be 3 pubs in the village - now there's only 1. Back to the Tufty Club. I don't even remember how often we went or what even happened at these meetings.
I didn't know they actually held meetings! I would have been dead jealous. I was jealous of this badge the members used to wear

Old 9th July 2006, 14:18
Intro Guy

I remember the Tufty Club
Closed Thread