SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 29th October 2017, 22:41

Mood
Fine

Default Back again

Hey everyone, I joined a few years back and am back as I just started taking all my Escitalopram meds again. I just kept thinking will such situations go better if I were to take all my meds instead of half. Like they tell me what to say or something. Dunno if anyone can understand? I feel like my brain doesn't work on half. Also I feel like I am losing the relationships with people I regularly message;in my head I keep thinking what would I say if I was on all my meds;or would I have said that if I was on all of them? I went for a drink with a friend who also has SA the other night, had avoided it for ages, and we were both feeling pretty awkward. I don't really like to just sit and chat though. I'd rather do an activity.
Old 30th October 2017, 20:04

Default Re: Back again

Hi, welcome back
Old 30th October 2017, 20:27

Mood
Question

Hi Boots and welcome back.

Sounds like you're over-thinking things in regards to your meds. I started taking Sertraline again 2 weeks ago and kinda over-think things too, like will I be calmer in this que if I doubled my dose etc.

Maybe next time you and your friend meet you could go to the cinema. There's over an hour without the need for chat and then afterwards you can discuss the film with your friend and share opinions (the chat comes more naturally when there's something mutual to chat about) ((if that makes sense))
Old 30th October 2017, 20:43

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanotherone02
Hi, welcome back
Ta very much. It's really good to be here. It's helping a lot.
Old 30th October 2017, 20:55

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC
Hi Boots and welcome back.

Sounds like you're over-thinking things in regards to your meds. I started taking Sertraline again 2 weeks ago and kinda over-think things too, like will I be calmer in this que if I doubled my dose etc.

Maybe next time you and your friend meet you could go to the cinema. There's over an hour without the need for chat and then afterwards you can discuss the film with your friend and share opinions (the chat comes more naturally when there's something mutual to chat about) ((if that makes sense))
Thank you MJC,

Thank you for the idea; it seems a good one but I find the cinema difficult. Waiting for the film to start with the trailers and ad's. I feel if I can think of something to say I whisper it as I don't want everyone else to hear me; the person next to me can't even hear me though lol. The cinema's not ever been relaxing really as I just don't wanna annoy other people. Find it much easier to relax at home.
I went with a mental health group once and to get any of the film I had to sit away from them ( like in the seats on my own n front, so together but not together) otherwise the whole time I would be thinking what shall I say?! And wouldn't have got anything of what the film is about.
Old 2nd November 2017, 00:12

Mood
Question

Sorry for the late reply Boots.

Sorry to hear of your difficulties with the cinema. I like the cinema for this reason and if anyone tries to talk to me during the film I just shh them I don't have alot of friends anymore, one in fact and he begrudges paying x amount to see a movie and I can't do a cinema on my own

What other activities do you enjoy or what common interests do you and your friend with SA share?
Old 3rd November 2017, 21:31

Mood
Fine

Hey MJC,

I'm not the quickest at replying, nice of you to reply at all "shhh" ha ha I like it as it would be better for me to go with someone that I know just wants to watch the film; then there's deff no pressure to talk

Did you never go to the cinema alone? I have a friend who goes on his own, he would prefer to go with someone but doesn't always have somebody. I did go once on my own but it was not in my city; so I wouldn't see anyone I knew Is there no Meet up groups that go to the cinema near you? Maybe you could start one

My friend and I used to do other things; since I dropped my dose I just felt... Idk like someone that needs alcohol to go out. I feel like a drug addict maybe and I can hear something negative in my head all the time.
Old 4th November 2017, 14:49

Mood
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots35
Hey MJC,

I'm not the quickest at replying, nice of you to reply at all "shhh" ha ha I like it as it would be better for me to go with someone that I know just wants to watch the film; then there's deff no pressure to talk

Did you never go to the cinema alone? I have a friend who goes on his own, he would prefer to go with someone but doesn't always have somebody. I did go once on my own but it was not in my city; so I wouldn't see anyone I knew Is there no Meet up groups that go to the cinema near you? Maybe you could start one

My friend and I used to do other things; since I dropped my dose I just felt... Idk like someone that needs alcohol to go out. I feel like a drug addict maybe and I can hear something negative in my head all the time.
Hi Boots,

Yeah I don't get these people who want to go to the cinema just to talk...go to a bloody cafe and chat there, not during a film like. Really is annoying when you're trying to concentrate and the people in front or behind are having a conversation about their day at work or my personal worst...what to do after the cinema Sometimes I wasn't long in telling them to be quiet but other times just sat and bared it

No, I've never done the cinema on my own before and don't think I ever would or could. To me its something to be enjoyed with company, even though I don't like people talking during the film. I'm just not much of a people person
I'm not sure what social groups are organised near me. I did attend an open group of walkers last year and found it pretty frustrating as everyone seemed to know each other and there was me, this stupid outsider who spent the walk alone browsing Amazon & ebay

Maybe you dropped your dose too quickly? Did the doctor gradually reduce your dose over a period of time or did you just start taking less?