SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 27th August 2023, 23:08

Default Re: Small things that annoy you (3)

Who is Erin Carter?
Old 28th August 2023, 15:33
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Thanks ^^ and ^

I shall give both a look.
Old 1st September 2023, 10:25

People that say a car with 150,000 miles is "just about run in". I agree that depending on the model and history it may still have a significant amount of life left in it, but to say "it's just about run in" would be analogous to me going through puberty at 50
Old 1st September 2023, 11:18

^
Very true, anewyear. I once had a car that lived to the grand old age of about 160,000 miles. Although it was zimmering in at that point. I still miss Volvo Bert!
Old 1st September 2023, 13:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewyear
People that say a car with 150,000 miles is "just about run in". I agree that depending on the model and history it may still have a significant amount of life left in it, but to say "it's just about run in" would be analogous to me going through puberty at 50
If it's a diesel Zetec engine, it's just about run in. Any kind of petrol engine, next stop scrapyard.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk
Old 5th September 2023, 06:31

Rightmove are absolute lemons. You do a 40 mile search for a flat and you filter out house shares, then you got 5 pages of student house shares. God’s sake!
Old 5th September 2023, 06:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewyear
I just found my dream car... Search for yours https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...0&sort=mileage
Old 5th September 2023, 15:43

241k miles above average lol.

It's actually 285k miles above mine, also by chance a 2.0 TDCi Mondeo Titanium X. But mine is a year newer and a hatchback so maybe that explains it :-) And because mine (like that one) isn't ULEZ compliant it's not currently getting many more miles on it at £12.50 a day
Old 6th September 2023, 21:02

Not knowing where to put the new coffee machine. I've easily got the space but i don't like the adjustments i have to make. My other appliances love where they are and it seems i'm going to have to move one of them to fit the newbie in. I'm already feeling some unease in the kitchen. The toaster is especially worried and ought to be too - it's taking up far too much space. I may move all of them about... appliance Hokey Cokey. I'm gonna get very little sleep tonight
Old 6th September 2023, 21:07

^ I need a new coffee machine, so to save your other appliances being upset, I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Old 6th September 2023, 21:30

Would you take them all.. ?? Honestly, the toaster is so agitated right now. I had to leave the room. I swear it wasn't like this when it was younger... ! I've had problems with the microwave - it's door only opens one way (talk about being awkward!). The poor kettle is far too old and frail for all this nonsense and i just want to leave the little thing alone in it's space.

Really though i've still to decide and the coffee machine is on the floor at this very moment
Old 6th September 2023, 21:33

Haha, I love swapping my kitchen stuff around! Catch them
unawares I say. I love the look on the breadbin when it realises it's moved two metres and now lives next to a plant. Always keep em on their toes.
Old 6th September 2023, 22:08

Haha, thank god i haven' got a breadbin! The complications already... !

I think i must've given this some thought the first time i put them in place because each appliance is in it's most suitable spot. I've tried adjusting and i hate it. For now i've moved the toaster out aside a little bit and put it next to that at a 'diagonal' angle. It's in a corner at a 45 degree angle ........ and i'm beginning to wonder who i am right now
Old 8th September 2023, 10:49

Car insurance companies....bought car insurance via compare the market question came up purchase date of vehicle I put in rough month and year. Policy taken out then get request for copy of v5. I submit v5 pic then get request to pay £61 for change of details. Because I'd got month wrong that I purchased car they wanted 62 quid to change it from June to September.

Rang, asked was this a joke initially they dropped to £11 then waived all extra fees.

Scamming *****
Old 8th September 2023, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG_
Car insurance companies....bought car insurance via compare the market question came up purchase date of vehicle I put in rough month and year. Policy taken out then get request for copy of v5. I submit v5 pic then get request to pay £61 for change of details. Because I'd got month wrong that I purchased car they wanted 62 quid to change it from June to September.

Rang, asked was this a joke initially they dropped to £11 then waived all extra fees.

Scamming *****
I've been buying insurance for over 40 years and I don't recall ever being asked for the V5c. However, we all know that insurance companies love to use small print as a way of wriggling out of payment, so it's probably just as well (given that the fees were waived) that this was discovered now, rather than when making a claim (although I hope you won't have to do that, either).

Old 8th September 2023, 11:33

Disgusting business. I was only saying to someone yesterday how insurance is a business that i could never be apart of - scammy, slimey ****s.
Old 8th September 2023, 17:51

What company is that BFG? I had something similar with Hastings Direct.
Old 8th September 2023, 18:51

Mood
Lurking

I have never had that, but usually I know the exact date, as it is normally a brand new car. But they probably ran the reg through the computer and when it didn't add up they might have suspected a clone or ringer.

Having to pay the last time I changed my car was about 2 months before the renewal so went to do it online and computer said no, so I rang them up and they were talking about a charge for it, until I pointed out that I had tried to do it online but it wouldn't let me. So they waived the charge and also because I was so close to renewal they didn't charge me any extra for the value of the car jumping up £5K, so I was well happy.

I always ring them up as soon as the renewal comes in and say that I have found it cheaper elsewhere usually a few pounds more than last year and so far they have always nearly matched or once they even beat it. I suppose it helps when you state your employer and the fact that if you had any convictions you would not be working for them.
Old 13th September 2023, 13:11

Amazon lying about their collection lockers being full. I understand that some third party sellers might not be able to send something to a locker, but why doesn't Amazon just say that? Instead they lie and say a locker is full, even though it obviously isn't because trying to order an identical (or even smaller) item to the same locker doesn't show it as being full. If they're going to lie at least don't make it so easy to disprove.
Old 13th September 2023, 14:07

Evri (Herpes 2.0) left a parcel in the hallway for someone who doesn't live here and I have no idea what to do with it, the only way of contacting the delivery firm seems to be through their chatbot. I absolutely loathe these things. It refuses to recognise a basic question, assumes that I want to query about a parcel I was supposed to receive and asks me for the tracking number. I try to point out that I don't have a tracking number and it basically says "well I can't help you then, sucks to be you. By the way, how helpful was I? Give me a score from 1 to 5".

So I'm stuck with this parcel I can't do anything with or about. Please die, Evri. You are part of everything that is wrong in this world.
Old 13th September 2023, 14:19

Just leave it in the hallway with a note and the same courier will most likely pass through tomorrow where they'll either realise they made a mistake/rectify it or ignore it and go on their merry way. It's not your responsibility to do anything with. If you want to play hero deliver the thing yourself, assuming it's somewhere close by.
Old 13th September 2023, 14:56

Tracking number not on the address label?

If not, take a clear picture of the barcode on the address label and use Google lens to extract its number.

Last resort try calling them 0330 808 5456. Use one of your own previous evri tracking numbers to get through the menu system to get to speak to someone.
Old 13th September 2023, 15:44

^^ they're not even supposed to be able to get into the hallway unless someone lets them in (though it doesn't stop people posting junk ads through my flat letterbox sometimes)
it had already been sitting on the stairs for a long time until someone got fed up with it and left it on my doorstep
I have no idea where the actual recipient lives. I'm sure it's not this building.
Old 13th September 2023, 15:54

I had my dogs on a lead because (as it's sunny) there's quite a few dog walkers about. One older couple were behind me with their dog, also on a lead, and as I walk really slow and my dogs were pulling, I took mine onto a stubble field out of the way to let them run and to let the other couple past.
So I've walked into the middle of the field, my dogs are running, but instead of carrying on, so I can get back on the path, the couple have stopped to watch my dogs. Wtf? Go away!
Old 13th September 2023, 16:01

^^ Has it not got an address label? Maybe contact the actual place it originated from? They're more invested in it getting to the destination and will likely be easier to contact. I'd go so far as to opening it to find out where it came from if there's no info on the box - there may even be a direct contact number for the recipient. Just say you found it opened already if they quibble.
Old 13th September 2023, 16:31

^ yes it has an address label. With my address on.
It's from H&M, I suppose I could try and contact them but it just seems like a lot of faff and I just want rid of it.
Old 13th September 2023, 18:42

^^ So you’re pissed with Hermes for delivering to the right address as per the label? Or is it the rubbish customer service that’s just about standard everywhere?

I would open it. I bet the invoice has the correct info for the original recipient. This happened with a few of the parcels i delivered. I'd hand it to them and they'd comment about not remembering ordering anything, then the next time you see them they'd say they found on the invoice it was for someone living in Northampton or something.

If you really cba with the faff just bin it and it'll become a write-off, no worries.

In before Geno
Old 13th September 2023, 19:25

@Merry - your dogs are very beautiful, I’d stop and watch them too
Old 13th September 2023, 23:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
In before Geno

Foisted!

Old 13th September 2023, 23:46

Lol, saved you the effort!

Aw man, i need to catch up on Curb. I don't know this foisted bit. However...

.. Will go down in history