SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 8th March 2017, 17:48

Mood
Worried

Exclamation Hi everyone, this is very weird!

I've never written on a forum before but I have wanted to for a long time, sadly I have been too anxious and feel very nervous putting myself out here right now!

Anyway I'm not sure how to use this website yet so any advise on that is welcome!

OK this is to try and help you get to know a bit about myself! Sorry if it's a bit muddled!

So I am having a really hard time coping in general right now, I have social anxiety, panic disorder, depression and mild agoraphobia. I can't leave the house by myself, I don't really like going out and always feel on edge when I am out of the house, I can't talk to people on phones unless I know them very well such as family etc. I have had all these problems since I was about 6 years old and I'm now 26.

I have had two time periods in my life both for about a year where I managed to cope with my anxiety and go out on my own. Once when I was 16 and once when i was 18. both times for about 9 months.

I left school when I was 15 as my dad passed away and I was being bullied mostly threats but I was so frightened I threw up every day before going to school so I refused to go back as I couldn't handle it anymore. I didn't have any support at the time. The school and my mum tried everything to make me go back to school it was an extremely hard time. I have no qualifications and I have never had a job in the UK.

I've had a lot of therapy and am on a lot of medication but nothing has really helped.

Lately however I've been trying to give myself little goals which I'm quite pleased with.

Now that you're caught up (sorry for the mouthful) my problem is I have just been to Arden house as I am on ESA and was in the support group but they have now placed me in the work related group and I also have an appointment to meet a work coach on the 15th. I can't go as my mum is on holiday and I can't leave the house by myself, also I'm not ready to get a job when I can't even go for a short walk by myself or on a metro/bus or go to a shop.
I also can't ring them to cancel the appointment and I can't for the life of me find an email address so that I can contact them. I really don't know what to do. I could really use some advise.

Thank you whoever reads this and sorry if it's badly written. I'm extremely stressed out right now.

Love Citrine x
Old 8th March 2017, 18:31

Mood
Relaxed

Default Re: Hi everyone, this is very weird!

Hi Citrine
Newbie here too - joined today
Hope the site is useful to you.
Old 8th March 2017, 18:35

Mood
Worried

Smile Re: Hi everyone, this is very weird!

Hi Coffeemate, thank you!

I hope this site is helpful for you too.

Welcome !
Old 8th March 2017, 19:53

Hello and welcome.

Benefits are a tough one. They are working to a tight budget/quota, so the system does not exist for the benefit of an individual. They will try to move people who are not ready from support to workgroup, or from ESA to UC etc.

Don't give up. As Obscura says, they make it difficult knowing many people will take the path of least resistance (for those whose anxieties are not too severe). Find a good sympathetic GP and their written testimony will be good evidence to get back into the support group.
Old 9th March 2017, 12:16

Mood
Worried

Hello CameraObscuraFan!

Thank you for the support! I think it's definitely deliberate! I won't give up and I will have a look into that website. Thank you again !
Old 9th March 2017, 12:27

Mood
Worried

Hay formerLP, thank you .

Thankfully I have a great GP that I have had since I was born so very lucky there! I will ask him to write me a letter. My problem of being able to cancel my appointment has now been solved as well as my partner now has the day off so is able to ring on my behalf! I'm so relieved!

Thank you both for your help! It's nice to just talk to people who know what you're going through!

x
Old 10th March 2017, 23:26

Mood
Breezy

Hi Citrine and welcome to the forum
Old 11th March 2017, 07:17

I am pleased that you can attend the appointment, hopefully by seeing you in person they will be able to see how you struggle with daily tasks, I really hope things work out, good luck.
Old 16th March 2017, 14:33

Mood
Confused

H8 and welcome to the forum