SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 23rd April 2019, 10:52

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Not in the mood for work.
Old 23rd April 2019, 19:54
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Too hot. It's all heavy and humid here rather than sunny and bright.
Old 23rd April 2019, 20:18

feeling so tired.
Old 23rd April 2019, 22:01

Mood
Crappy

Empty and fed up of having no friends and no life
Old 23rd April 2019, 22:01

^ Sorry that things aren't better for you in Life at the moment Cinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melangell
Everything ok, Consolida? Has anything happened to upset you? No worries if you don't want to talk about it, just hope you're ok xx
I'm okay thanks Melangell, but thank you for asking x
Just disappointed about certain people in my offline world who I obviously mean absolutely nothing to. I should be used to it by now and start lowering my expectations to zero.
Old 23rd April 2019, 22:03
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella
Empty and fed up of having no friends and no life
yeah I know the feeling.
Old 24th April 2019, 07:21
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

After seeing a senior nurse who assessed me for mental health yesterday, I'm feeling even more confused.
I had convinced myself I had a personality disorder after completing a few tests online. In two tests I scored highest on the same disorders. I took the results to show the nurse yesterday.
After talking to me, she became pretty sure that I didn't have a personality disorder. Her reason for that was she thought if I had a personality disorder she would have expected me to be manipulative or cunning with the way I responded. She said I come across too genuine and straight forward for her liking, to be considered for personality disorder test going forward. Not sure personality disorders are quite that simple are they?

Anyway, she seems to think I could have a mixture of ADHD and Autism.

The ADHD would not surprise me at all but I'm no longer convinced that I have autism!!

ANyway, just wait and see what the psychologists and psychiatrist say.
Old 24th April 2019, 08:43
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ I think assessing mental health is complex full stop really.

lol though I like how she thinks PD people are manipulative and cunning. My pathfinder CPN is exploring PD with me, I don't consider myself manipulative or cunning! She did say I was lacking one thing (so far) tho
But no PD's are not that simple at all.

I agree just wait and see what the psychologist and shrink have to say. Mental health sadly is not an exact science. Least your getting some proper help/assessment, most ppl get shunted to shite like Time to Talk.
Old 24th April 2019, 13:52
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

^ Yes, that is what I said. I mean I scored high for avoidant personality disorder and borderline personality disorder. It doesn't seem like they have anything to do with being manipulative.

I have to wait two years for Autism assessment and if I remember rightly- 4 month for ADHD assessment. Crazy eh?
Old 24th April 2019, 14:58

Mood
Cynical

^ I think that's an old misconception, that people with bpd are manipulative somehow which is not true at all! If you feel you fit better with the profile of a personality disorder keep pushing the nurse about that, because especially if you scored highly in the tests you've already done that shows that there's something there to explore.
Old 24th April 2019, 15:37
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^^ yeah I know someone else who has been told 2 years for an autism assessment. It's pretty bad.
Though it doesn't always turn out to be that long, someone else at MIND was told that and ended up only waiting 6 months.
Old 24th April 2019, 15:49
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

^^ Yes, dougella, just fills me with doubt when a professional in mental health isn't up to date with disorders they help to diagnose.

Well she asked what path to take, recommending that I should take the autism and adhd route. I said I wasn't really expecting to have to make that choice, I was hoping I would be feeling some closure to as to the concerns I had.
I mean, what do you say when someone says, do you want to go along with the autism/adhd, or the personality disorder? How the feck am I supposed to know? Lol

Pretty sure I have adhd though, no doubt.
Old 24th April 2019, 15:51
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

^^ Fingers crossed I don't have to wait that long, Mo!

Just not sure what to do now! Whether to go for a mandatory reconsideration or to try and find a job! Very confused at the moment lol
Old 24th April 2019, 15:58
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ what do you mean go for mandatory reconsideration? I thought you'd got LCW?
Old 24th April 2019, 16:01

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer
^^ Yes, dougella, just fills me with doubt when a professional in mental health isn't up to date with disorders they help to diagnose.

Well she asked what path to take, recommending that I should take the autism and adhd route. I said I wasn't really expecting to have to make that choice, I was hoping I would be feeling some closure to as to the concerns I had.
I mean, what do you say when someone says, do you want to go along with the autism/adhd, or the personality disorder? How the feck am I supposed to know? Lol

Pretty sure I have adhd though, no doubt.
Yes, I can imagine that didn't fill you with confidence.

Did she pinpoint the signs that she's seen from you that made her think that autism should be the thing you should be assessed for?

It's possible to have more than one condition also, you could have ADHD and a personality disorder.
Old 24th April 2019, 16:13
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

On a bit of a high because I have someone showing an interest in me - so in a couple of days when they're bored of me I will be back to normal miserableness.
Old 24th April 2019, 16:44
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
^ what do you mean go for mandatory reconsideration? I thought you'd got LCW?
Yeah LCW means I'm required to cooperate with work coach towards getting into work. It also means I receive no extra benefits and it means going into work not quite sure if I'm capable.

LCWRA - that means additional benefit topup. Not required to see a work coach and deemed unfit for work for long-term period.

I just don't know. In a work place or education you are required to learn and take up tasks in a neurotypical way which is incompatible with the way an atypical brain processes information and learns. This shows how I failed at school. Failed in maintaining jobs, and failed to complete my degree. Without having any support with my ADHD taken into account, I don't see how things can change. It is really humiliating to keep coming across to others as incompetent or stupid.

Yet, there is the impulsive side to me saying, 'I WANT a job..NOW.'

The benefits I get now, I'm literally struggling to see myself through til the end of the month with.
Old 24th April 2019, 16:54
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
Yes, I can imagine that didn't fill you with confidence.

Did she pinpoint the signs that she's seen from you that made her think that autism should be the thing you should be assessed for?

It's possible to have more than one condition also, you could have ADHD and a personality disorder.

Erm... I can't remember all of the conversation but I do remember her mentioning the way I process information. I think from the way I answered questions to got a clue into the way I process information. So, I couldn't have a straight answer to a question, I would delve off topic slightly to eventually get to my point.
Some times, I would just tell her, I just don't know, and I read today that people with Autism struggle to explain how it affects them etc.
She said I over-analyse and she pointed out that my eye contact was pretty bad. She asked why I find it uncomfortable but I didnt know why. I think it was probably worse giving the fact I was sitting being analysed. That in itself makes us self-conscious and uncomfortable.

She said she didn't think I had a personality disorder because of the aforementioned, and because she felt I didn't seem like I had trouble with regulating my emotions. Not quite sure what she meant by that. I get it in a vague way but there is more than one way of looking at that.

Oh, and that she thinks I am think more logically rather than emotionally. I'm not sure I agree with that. I mean, I get annoyed with other people who are overly emotional when they make an argument but I also see I can be like that too.

She also asked if I am sensitive to light or sounds. I said yes but not anything extreme. I said like, if more than one person is having a conversation, it can often get unbearable for me. Or if I go to a shopping centre, I can get overwhelmed with the noise and the clammer. And that as a kid I hated wearing coats or a dressing gown, and now I don't mind as much but prefer not to. I'm also not keen on wearing polo shirts. I prefer clothes that are loose on me.
Old 24th April 2019, 17:46
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Yeah LCW means I'm required to cooperate with work coach towards getting into work. It also means I receive no extra benefits and it means going into work not quite sure if I'm capable.

LCWRA - that means additional benefit topup. Not required to see a work coach and deemed unfit for work for long-term period.

I just don't know. In a work place or education you are required to learn and take up tasks in a neurotypical way which is incompatible with the way an atypical brain processes information and learns. This shows how I failed at school. Failed in maintaining jobs, and failed to complete my degree. Without having any support with my ADHD taken into account, I don't see how things can change. It is really humiliating to keep coming across to others as incompetent or stupid.

Yet, there is the impulsive side to me saying, 'I WANT a job..NOW.'

The benefits I get now, I'm literally struggling to see myself through til the end of the month with.

LCW means you have to see a work coach to prepare towards the workplace for when you might be able to work in the future. They cannot mandate you to get a job or search for a job at any time. You can receive other benefits - I thought you had put a PIP claim in? that can be claimed with LCW.

https://www.mentalhealthandmoneyadvi...ty-group-wrag/

But yeah the rate of money is appalling .

Hopefully if you get a diagnosis of ADHD then you might finally get the correct support.

You don't come across as stupid on here, quite the opposite infact.
Old 24th April 2019, 17:53

Mood
Cynical

^^ Aw, well it is obvious that something amongst those possibilities is going on with you, so going through some assessment processes seems like a good idea. I agree you don't come accross as incompetent or stupid on here at all!
Old 24th April 2019, 19:14

Not good enough.
Old 24th April 2019, 19:15
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
LCW means you have to see a work coach to prepare towards the workplace for when you might be able to work in the future. They cannot mandate you to get a job or search for a job at any time. You can receive other benefits - I thought you had put a PIP claim in? that can be claimed with LCW.

https://www.mentalhealthandmoneyadvi...ty-group-wrag/

But yeah the rate of money is appalling .

Hopefully if you get a diagnosis of ADHD then you might finally get the correct support.

You don't come across as stupid on here, quite the opposite infact.

Well, because on here, for a large part I only comment when my mind is ticking along okay. When I don't, or when I comment towards feeling muddled or stunted, I sometimes don't even know what I'm going on about haha I have deleted a few posts for that reason.

The article I read this morning on ADHD explained it perfectly. It mentioned that it is not necessarily that you lack in attention all of the time but that it is inconsistent and therefore unreliable. You can be functioning well one minute and the next minute, you simply can't get yourself to pay attention to what it is you need to do.

Well, I didn't apply for PIP, I reluctantly allowed an advisor from CAB to apply, he has received the first part but hewas withholding completing second part until I had a mental health assessment. I somehow have this notion that by applying for PIP I'm cheating the benefits system. I assumed that it was for people with severe daily problems but now learning it isn't quite that simple -especially when it comes to mental disorders.
Old 24th April 2019, 19:25
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
^^ Aw, well it is obvious that something amongst those possibilities is going on with you, so going through some assessment processes seems like a good idea. I agree you don't come accross as incompetent or stupid on here at all!
Yes, feels good to finally work towards some conclusive answers. Just a matter of waiting for now!

I get carpets in my place next week so over the moon about that
Old 24th April 2019, 19:26
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Whimsical Stranger
Not good enough.

Nonsense!!!!
Old 24th April 2019, 19:36

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Yes, feels good to finally work towards some conclusive answers. Just a matter of waiting for now!

I get carpets in my place next week so over the moon about that
Aw that's great
Old 24th April 2019, 19:53
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

I've just rang the police. Sorry but whimsical will be arrested for hate crimes against herself!

And if I seen anyone else do the same to themselves, you are in big trouble, you wankers!!
Old 24th April 2019, 20:01
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Well, because on here, for a large part I only comment when my mind is ticking along okay. When I don't, or when I comment towards feeling muddled or stunted, I sometimes don't even know what I'm going on about haha I have deleted a few posts for that reason.

The article I read this morning on ADHD explained it perfectly. It mentioned that it is not necessarily that you lack in attention all of the time but that it is inconsistent and therefore unreliable. You can be functioning well one minute and the next minute, you simply can't get yourself to pay attention to what it is you need to do.

Well, I didn't apply for PIP, I reluctantly allowed an advisor from CAB to apply, he has received the first part but hewas withholding completing second part until I had a mental health assessment. I somehow have this notion that by applying for PIP I'm cheating the benefits system. I assumed that it was for people with severe daily problems but now learning it isn't quite that simple -especially when it comes to mental disorders.

Ah I see.

You should apply for PIP and you most definitely aren't cheating the benefits system. It's for people who ar disadvantaged in some way through illness or disability, you don't need to be severely disabled. Though I have to admit years ago I kind of thought/felt the same way.

I think you CAB adviser was very wise, as with an mental health assessment you will have good evidence to show your difficulties in relation to claiming PIP. You will also have a CPN/Shrink/Whoever to back you up.
Old 24th April 2019, 20:03

Mood
Breezy

ADHD is a pain in the ass to live with, I can absolutely relate. Even worse not only do we appear stupid or incompetent to others but some deny the condition even exists, according to them it's just "laziness".

On top of that you have the mood swings, struggles to get motivated or to procrastinate, an blatant refusal to concentrate when you need to, at the same time the ability to hyper focus randomly at other times.

I automatically take my hat off to anyone having to live with it.
Old 24th April 2019, 20:26

Old 25th April 2019, 01:18
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy
ADHD is a pain in the ass to live with, I can absolutely relate. Even worse not only do we appear stupid or incompetent to others but some deny the condition even exists, according to them it's just "laziness".

On top of that you have the mood swings, struggles to get motivated or to procrastinate, an blatant refusal to concentrate when you need to, at the same time the ability to hyper focus randomly at other times.

I automatically take my hat off to anyone having to live with it.
I was talking about that today. Imagine how many people who struggle because they haven't had a diagnosis? It is quite sad to think. I think to myself, how different it could have been if I had found out at an early age. It could have saved a lot of chaos, embarrassment and bad choices.

Its amazing when looking back at my school days how not one person picked up on my behaviour as something other than believing me to be stupid or disruptive and poorly behaved.