SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 7th June 2020, 18:17

Default What age do you feel?

I'm 31 but would say I feel about 18 or 19 (sometimes I feel about 12 though!). I think I look between 22 and 25. I still get asked for id sometimes.. I remember a couple of years being asked it for a lottery ticket! I am noticing a few more grey hairs now though which I pluck out, but I think I'll have to start dying it within the next couple of years. I wish I could get it done professionally but the thought of going to a hairdressers and sitting in front of the mirror.. and where are you supposed to look!? Makes me feel anxious just thinking about it!
Old 7th June 2020, 18:50

Default Re: What age do you feel?

Yeah when I was having cbt my counsellor talked about it. I was having appointments before lockdown. The plan was to start doing something such as volunteering or joining a class in something I enjoy. But then lockdown started and I didnt get to. I hope when things are back to normal I can but I know once I get a negative thought in my head it builds up and up and I wont do something because of the fear it causes.
Old 8th June 2020, 18:53

Mood
Alienated

I'm 34 and feel absolutely no different to when I was about 19

Physically I'm falling apart (although I did start falling apart quite early) but mentally I'm still clinging on to being a teen ..or even a child..anything but a proper grown up!
Old 9th June 2020, 21:34

Mood
Bashful

62, but some days mentally and physically 18, other days 82! It really does vary that much.
Old 10th June 2020, 14:58

I have the lifestyle of a pensioner and the soul of an 8 year old child carer who’s somehow lost their youth along the way. I’m trying to find myself between the two ends of the spectrum which probably makes me 40 and about to hit a mid life crisis.
Old 11th June 2020, 23:29

Mood
Alienated

See I had a midlife crisis at 30

I don't know how I feel about that, maybe I'm subconsciously not planning to last long I buggered off out the country for the first time in my life and then the year after bought a brand new car - it wasn't a convertible though, or a bike..maybe that was a quarter life crisis
Old 12th June 2020, 21:06

Mood
Creative

47 going on 30. I've always felt years younger, really.
Old 12th June 2020, 21:28

I don't feel like a person of any age. None of the above.
Old 17th June 2020, 10:25

Mood
Balanced

Forget that I'm nearly 40.
Old 17th June 2020, 18:30

Mood
Lurking

I’m 35, but I don’t feel hugely different to the way I felt when I was 15.
Old 17th June 2020, 20:45

I don't know what age I feel, because I don't know how anyone is supposed to feel at a certain age; I think I've always been the same age inside (whatever that is) but my behaviour has been tempered by life experience and to a certain extent, changes in physical ability.

When I was younger, I always felt that others around me (not that I had anything directly to do with them, I observed their behaviour from afar) seemed immature and now that I am edging ever closer to sixty, I find that I relate more to those at least ten years younger than myself. I think I was born 30 and have always been that age!

When I was a child or even a teen and into my twenties, people over forty seemed old; they tended to be cardigan-wearing armchair occupants, but now people are active so much longer and we're now into the era of the punk pensioner. I remember, back in 1981 when I was excited about going to my first Reading festival, a colleague told me that she used to love festivals but was "too old for all that now"; she was 21! I'm still going to festivals, as are people older than I. It's almost impossible these days to judge age by how people act: some are old before their time, others are irrepressibly youthful as "they grow old" disgracefully and most remain as they felt in their teens and twenties, even if the burdens and responsibilities of life don't allow them to act that way.