SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 20th June 2006, 14:31

Default Re: its finally over for me

I think there is a difference between attention-seeking and a cry for help and the people posting these suicide threads sound to me like they are desperately crying out for help. This could be their last cry. Please don't trivialise it or ignore it.

I disagree that if someone is going to commit suicide they do not talk about it. If they have got to the point where they are desperately looking for one good reason left to live there is hope. But if they do not find that reason or a glimmer that something may change, their state of mind is so fragile that it may not take much to give up altogether.
Old 21st June 2006, 14:49

Mood
Sneaky

just thought i'd point out that father's day has come and gone - does anyone know if toonkate is ok?
Old 21st June 2006, 14:55

i think that if u want to make a cry for help on here u could say i feel sucidel an that uv been thinking about it instead of saying u r going to go through with it because there is a big difference as is proven lately with all the discussion about it an people are more likely to feel sympathy or want help you than question u.
Old 21st June 2006, 14:57

u could check when she was last online maybe she just havent been posting
Old 21st June 2006, 14:59

Mood
Sneaky

one thing i always try to remember is that you shouldn't assume you will always be able to understand the way other people. people are complicated and i think it's dangerous to generalise.

i know that it is useful to be able to make judgements about people in this way, but especially where something as serious as taking your life is involved, it's a bad assumption to make.

not having a go at the people trying to interpret toonkate's actions, just providing my perspective in case it hadn't occured to people.
Old 4th July 2006, 23:12

Mood
Worried

She logged on recently..Not seen any posts, though.

I'm sure she's fine =)
Old 4th July 2006, 23:13
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

Hope she's ok. It can be hard to come back to the boards after posting such hard and personal stuff. Just want her to know I've been sending her positive vibes.

ren
Old 29th September 2006, 21:46

dont know what to say, havent come back to this forum since posting this, and have just come back and read peoples replies and PMs
thank you to you for your kind thoughts
and to those who said things such as, ifs shes posting about it, she isnt going to do it, well, i dont think you can say that, i know ppl who have killed themselves and have told ppl before hand.
i posted it on here as no-one on this forum knows me, unlike on the other main forum i use, so i wouldnt get police called etc.
i have overdosed a few times since this post, on something quite dangerous, nearly died a couple fo times.
nothing has changed for me, things are still pretty bad.
suicide is a very hard thing to do for so many different reasons.
i dont know right now if i will kill myself at some point or not, but i remember the complete feeling of calm once i had made the decision to die when i posted this.
for now i guess i will probably just carry on as i have been, overdosing on a************ as a form of self harm, to quell the feelings of needing to damage myself. ive been told its dangerous stuff to od on, but if i do die than thats what was meant to be.
Old 30th September 2006, 03:38

I'm glad you haven't done any thing stupid, I talk from expierence, 4 suiced attempts, 4 moths sectioned in hospital for being bipolar, theres is so much help out there if u need it. please pm if u need to talk or meet what ever.

heres some usefull limks

http://forums.about.com/n/chat/pchat...w=y&redirCnt=1

http://www.suicideforum.com/

Please please talk to these people they can only help.

Take care and be sure that I am thinking of u and do care for u!!!
Old 30th September 2006, 08:54

Mood
Sneaky

hello toonkate

glad you'e still with us, never stopped wondering what had happened with you.

i hope you will follow the advice others gave and try to get help, and i hope you find something that works for you. terrible to see you having such a bad time.

hope my message isn't patronising(ie i'm sure you have triesd to get help before), just wish you could feel better. maybe the advice given will help you come up with something different.
Old 30th September 2006, 09:25

Mood
Pensive

Glad to see you're still alive, but please don't try to kill yourself. You are too young and things will get better. In the meantime you must talk to professionals about your suicidal thoughts.
Old 30th September 2006, 09:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonkate
dont know what to say, havent come back to this forum since posting this, and have just come back and read peoples replies and PMs
and to those who said things such as, ifs shes posting about it, she isnt going to do it, well, i dont think you can say that, i know ppl who have killed themselves and have told ppl before hand.
i posted it on here as no-one on this forum knows me, unlike on the other main forum i use, so i wouldnt get police called etc.
i have overdosed a few times since this post, on something quite dangerous, nearly died a couple fo times.
i dont know right now if i will kill myself at some point or not, but i remember the complete feeling of calm once i had made the decision to die when i posted this.
for now i guess i will probably just carry on as i have been, overdosing on a************ as a form of self harm, to quell the feelings of needing to damage myself. ive been told its dangerous stuff to od on, but if i do die than thats what was meant to be.
Toonkate im glad you made the right decision but it really concerns me that your seeing this is the only way out and that your still trying to overdose, think of a hobby or anything your interested in and hold onto it as a reason to keep going..PAIN is a good thing because it shows we're alive and its reality.....there are many great aspects and benefits of being alive because EVERYONE dies at some point, we all grow old and the years travel so fast, AT LEAST give it a go while you can ....im not sure if youve read into self help books, they can give you a different perspective on how to handle anxiety and your life ......you'll pull through

you just need to remember that there are people on this very forum that like you and want you to hang around ,and your friends, more importantly yourself, also go and burn or throw out your meds, destroying them gives you a fresh start.
Old 30th September 2006, 13:31

Mood
Blah

Hey Kate,

Try and keep your head up girl, remember we are all suffering from similar experiences, despite how isolated and alone it makes us feel.

The intrinsic you is still unique and unscarred.
You sound like a very popular and nice person, you deserve more from life as do we all....

We all need to grit our teeth and hang in there - there are better dayz to come, believe me.

Good luck - and stay positive!!

Chris

ATTITUDES are strongly-held beliefs, and we know that BELIEFS are extremely powerful. Beliefs are saturated with emotion. That is, beliefs may be so strong or so powerful, so emotionally charged, that they become the truth.
Those of us with anxiety usually have many. many beliefs that are not true. We usually say they are irrational. But, let's be more honest about these irrational beliefs of ours:
NOT ONLY ARE THEY TRUE... THEY ARE LIARS.
THEY ARE NOTHING BUT LYING ANTS THOUGHTS.
IF WE CONTINUE TO BELIEVE THESE IRRATIONAL LIES, WE WILL BE STUCK IN OUR ANXIETIES FOREVER.
Therefore, we must move forward. We must start believing the truth.
Your beliefs, too, must move in the direction of becoming more truthful and rational. Many times we can challenge our negative beliefs through short statements that are attitudinal in nature. For example:
WHO CARES?
SO WHAT?
WHY AM I DWELLING ON THIS?
I'M TIRED OF MAKING A MOUNTAIN OUT OF A MOLEHILL!
I'VE GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN WORRY ABOUT THIS!
IT'S NO BIG DEAL!
These attitudes are already very close to being emotions. So, as deliberately and as consciously as we can, we want to be determined about these attitudes. I choose to be healthy. I choose to believe my rational thoughts. I choose to believe the truth, instead of those old, lying ANTs thoughts.
Use these "Attitude" statements against your old ANTs thinking. Practice on your tone of voice and allow yourself to feel your emotions shrinking anxiety down to size. The "Attitude" statements can do a lot towards reducing anxiety by allowing you to take the pressure off yourself.

Thomas Richards
Old 30th September 2006, 13:40

Mood
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonkate

hi toon kate, welcome back :hug3:. hold on!!
Old 1st October 2006, 18:31

Hi, good youre ok and came back.

Old 2nd October 2006, 20:42

Mood
Alienated

hi toonkate
you sound desperately depressed.
About the stuff posted on here regarding suicide...I don't think it matters wether someone goes through with it or not...the final act might be a split decision...or an ongoing option for someone ...who knows? You can't know unless you've been there.
The fact that anyone even talks about suicide is sign enough that they're truly suffering.
I've suffered with depression...& for me it has degrees....there is feeling low & having no energy & no sense of fun or joy about anything...& then there's a worse feeling...which I'd describe as a sense of anguish....which can seem unbearable.
I agree with Annie....the worse moments do pass.
I treat my depression like a physical illness (which maybe it is)...treat yourself with incredible care & kindness...don't try to fix anything in that frame of mind...just eat well...keep warm...try & get physically comfortable ...until hopefully you begin to feel stronger.
take it easy
Anna x
Closed Thread