Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 29th June 2007, 20:23

Mood
Spooky

Default Re: Big Brother thread

Charley also bites her knuckles a lot, bloody annoying.
Old 29th June 2007, 22:29

Mood
Spooky

The crowds on a different mic to Davina, they mute them when they go to the house.
Old 8th July 2007, 23:48

New 'Australian' housemate in the house!
Old 9th July 2007, 14:07

Yes Please get Ziggy out! he is such a washout... he comes across as so possessive and whiny... I think he is more of a bunny boiler than Chanelle, I think Chanelle will liven up if he goes...

I missed BB last night, I caught the end when Davina mentioned a Fake eviction on Friday... what's gonna happen?
Old 9th July 2007, 15:44

That is so mean, i cant wait :embarass:
Old 9th July 2007, 19:18

ooooohh sounds Juicy... love it!

Old 11th July 2007, 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallah
I have never heard anybody go on about who put them up for eviction as much as Charlie, it's just a shame it's a fake one or I would break my golden rule and vote numerous times for her, she is such a vile person
This fake eviction is yet more evidence to support the idea that they are fixing it to keep Charley in the house.

I'd have bet my house on her being up for eviction this week ... so what do they do? They make it a fake eviction so they have the excuse to put her straight back in again. It is a cert that she'd have been evicted if the vote was to evict permanently. It would be a landslide to rival the ones when the appalling Sezer and (dis)Grace were kicked out in the past.
Old 11th July 2007, 15:45

Quote:
My view exactly Inner, you have the two worst people in the house up for eviction, it's definitely fixed, either of them go they know they will get good TV.
So true! Any credibility BB once had has gone in recent years. I preferred it when they threw a number of people into the mix and stood back to see what happened ... or didn't happen.

These days it is all too engineered for my liking. Evicting people then putting them back in again (Nikki) because they made decent viewing for BB lovers. Keeping despised people in for as long as possible because they cause bother (Charley) and make decent viewing, or should I say they keep ratings up.
Old 11th July 2007, 15:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innervision
So true! Any credibility BB once had has gone in recent years. I preferred it when they threw a number of people into the mix and stood back to see what happened ... or didn't happen.

These days it is all too engineered for my liking.
I feel the same.

I have not been keeping up with the polls to know who is favourite to be evicted and put back in, looks like if it was a normal eviction Charley would be sure to get the boot.

However under the circumstances am wondering if the public will evict who they think will least cope with having to re enter the house after spilling the beans on the rest , rather than who they want rid of ?

Be interesting to see what one they opt for .
Old 12th July 2007, 21:17

Silly cow is arguing again someone punch her please!
Old 12th July 2007, 23:12

Quote:
She makes me want to put my foot through the telly!
Same here. :really_ma

She had me shaking my head tonight when she was miffed at being up for eviction and stated how "she gets on with everyone in the house".

It just goes to show that some people have no idea at all just how offensive and twisted they appear to others. She is so blind to herself that it's scary.

I also wonder why people see her as 'entertaining'. When did vile and poisonous become good entertainment?
Old 13th July 2007, 00:03

It isn't very good viewing seeing her laying into someone and I'm sure she is turning away viewers yet BB seem to be trying to keep her in. (with the fake eviction ploy?-although she could decide to not come back)
Old 13th July 2007, 00:38

I think the show-makers do engineer it to keep interesting housemates in but I am not necessarily against this. If each week viewers just chose who to evict, lets say there were no in house nominations, it would be so rubbish as anyone with a big personality who creates entertaining conflict would get the chop.

I cant stand Charley but if she wasn't in the house I'm sure I wouldn't have continued watching to this point. I can only imagine it being utterly dull without her and without a bit of conflict. I don't really feel like watching 12 good mates sit around and chat every night.
Old 13th July 2007, 01:29

Mood
Spooky

This year seems to be too heavily focused on conflict & couples, both are important, but there's more to the show than that, or there used to be.
Old 13th July 2007, 13:50

Charley makes me laugh, she reminds me of Sugar from Sugar Rush. I really don't like Nicky, Gerry, Ziggy or Chanelle.

I reckon it'd be more interesting if Nicky leaves then comes back in than if it's Charley.
Old 13th July 2007, 13:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightowl
This year seems to be too heavily focused on conflict & couples, both are important, but there's more to the show than that, or there used to be.
When was that, and what more is there?

The first BB was made big because of the conflict with nasty nick. Conflicts and couple relationships have always been the key ingredients of a good BB.

Its like a pantomime, the nasty cartoon villain who everyone loves to hate, the good guy that everyone roots for, the romantic interest.

I'm looking forward to tonights show, particularly the moment when the evictee and the housemates realise they are going back in. For a BB series which is supposedly trying to limit the confrontation levels - giving warnings about behaviour. It seems a crazy move to put someone back in that way. There's gonna be a war.
Old 13th July 2007, 14:07

I wonder what will happen if they refuse to go back ?

Know that may be tempting , (Nicky said she would not go back in when someone suggested it may be a false eviction) can understand the automatic temptation not to especially if they slate the others to much, but think it would be far more embarrassing and shameful not having the nerve to go back and face them.
Old 13th July 2007, 17:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderboyo
... it would be so rubbish as anyone with a big personality who creates entertaining conflict would get the chop.

I cant stand Charley but if she wasn't in the house I'm sure I wouldn't have continued watching to this point. I can only imagine it being utterly dull without her and without a bit of conflict. I don't really feel like watching 12 good mates sit around and chat every night.
It's a double-edged sword, though. To be honest, if there is anything on the other side I don't bother watching BB at the moment because of Charley and her pathetic and immature way of dealng with differences. BB may gain some conflict-junkies in the ratings, but they also lose other viewers who get bored of the constant drivel and spite people like Charley dish out on a daily basis.

Also, I have real trouble with this bizarre idea that it is people who create conflicts who are the 'big personalities'. If we take a closer look at Charley, and Grace from last year, they have extremely limited personalities indeed, and conflict is their only real means of gaining attention ... much like a spoiled child. They make the most noise, but big personalities? Never!

What we are actually doing is playing voyeur to 'car-crash' TV. We mistake the immature, the bully, the childish, the confrontational, the narrowminded, the uneducated and the aggressive for people who actually have a personality, but in reality they are one-dimentional people with very little of substance to say. We watch them come apart at the seams on telly and we think they are 'big personalities'. They are anything but, though.

Unfortunately, this year's BB has degenerated into 'The Charley Show', and it's become boring because of this. When we have an environment where the confrontational types are seen as the 'big personalities', everyone else sufferers, and those with genuine personality tend to shrink back a bit. Being immature and extremely insecure, the mouthy types impose themselves with bitchiness, gossip and aggression. People with more to offer than that will often take cover in order to keep out of the firing line. People with genuine personality tend to find themselves a target of the likes of Charley, Grace and Jade.

Maybe the makers of BB have the British viewing public down as numbskulls who think big conflict and tantrums equate to big personality ... thus resulting in bigger ratings. I don't know though, it just has me turning over something else much of the time.
Old 13th July 2007, 18:40

Quote:
It's a double-edged sword, though. To be honest, if there is anything on the other side I don't bother watching BB at the moment because of Charley and her pathetic and immature way of dealng with differences. BB may gain some conflict-junkies in the ratings, but they also lose other viewers who get bored of the constant drivel and spite people like Charley dish out on a daily basis.

Also, I have real trouble with this bizarre idea that it is people who create conflicts who are the 'big personalities'. If we take a closer look at Charley, and Grace from last year, they have extremely limited personalities indeed, and conflict is their only real means of gaining attention ... much like a spoiled child. They make the most noise, but big personalities? Never!

What we are actually doing is playing voyeur to 'car-crash' TV. We mistake the immature, the bully, the childish, the confrontational, the narrowminded, the uneducated and the aggressive for people who actually have a personality, but in reality they are one-dimentional people with very little of substance to say. We watch them come apart at the seams on telly and we think they are 'big personalities'. They are anything but, though.

Unfortunately, this year's BB has degenerated into 'The Charley Show', and it's become boring because of this. When we have an environment where the confrontational types are seen as the 'big personalities', everyone else sufferers, and those with genuine personality tend to shrink back a bit. Being immature and extremely insecure, the mouthy types impose themselves with bitchiness, gossip and aggression. People with more to offer than that will often take cover in order to keep out of the firing line. People with genuine personality tend to find themselves a target of the likes of Charley, Grace and Jade.

Maybe the makers of BB have the British viewing public down as numbskulls who think big conflict and tantrums equate to big personality ... thus resulting in bigger ratings. I don't know though, it just has me turning over something else much of the time.
You seem to have seized on me using the term "big personalities", I am not inferring that the people who create conflict have the big personalities per se and I simple meant to point out that the people who are the most visible are most likely to be voted out since they are the most noticed. For example someone like Jade was an interesting person, and I don't think she strirred up that much conflict in her first BB and the public wanted her out in the first week. By a miracle (or indeed intervention by the show makers) she stayed in until the end and it was very interesting to watch. Imagine that series had Jade not survived. I was in no way suggesting that someone who doesn't stir up conflict does not have a big personality, just pointing out that the people who do tend to get involved more are voted out often. Charley does not necessarily have a 'big personality', in fact she is very shallow and irritating, but the interesting people have a tendency to be voted out whether they stir up conflict or not. If it was purely public voting I am sure the show would degenerate into a buddy-fest of people who just sit around chatting. I am not saying that these people are bad people but just not interesting to watch.

I think that Charley is the only person to make this series even remotely exciting. It may be the case that when she is gone the show will somehow become exciting but I'd be surprised. Its having very different people who don't see eye to eye in the same house that makes it watchable. If they had picked a diverse bunch of people who were entertaining and fun to watch then I would want to see someone like Charley out but frankly this year the rest of the people in there send me to sleep. I am not criticising them personally, there are some nice people in there, but I wouldn't want to watch them just doing tasks and talking. Of course some interesting things would happen but not much. If Charley goes the makers will have to come up with a scheme to get it interesting again.
Old 13th July 2007, 19:18

Hi Wonderboyo,

I worded that a little clumsily. I wasn't suggesting that you in particular see those who create conflict as 'big personalities'. I was talking more generally, really. There does seem to be this prevailing notion that the most shallow people with the biggest mouths are the 'big personalities', but I wasn't suggesting you had bought into this personally.

I agree with much of your reply. We just don't see eye-to-eye over Charley. It's all subjective, really. Some will find her antics watchable, whilst others, like myself, find themselves changing channels when she goes off on one.

I agree totally about the diverse mix needed in the house. Seeing how they all deal with each other is what the show is all about. I don't know though, I just tend to struggle with those of wafer-thin personality who give it large with the mouth to over-compensate for having nothing of substance to contribute. I suppose intelligent people who talk about their differences without resorting to confrontational antics are not going to make good TV ... and this is where the likes of Charley, Grace and Jade come into it. Maybe it's just me, but when 'characters' such as those are kicking off, I just feel the urge to turn over to something else. I'm not sure if that is out of cringing embarrassment for them, or just boredom on my part.

I suppose it's all about personal taste. I have to say I never found Jade remotely interesting, and that was before her antics on 'Celebrity' BB. Many, many others do find her interesting though, so fair do's.

Anyhow, my post was not having a go at you. Apologies if it looked that way.
Old 14th July 2007, 18:07

Quote:
Hi Wonderboyo,

I worded that a little clumsily. I wasn't suggesting that you in particular see those who create conflict as 'big personalities'. I was talking more generally, really. There does seem to be this prevailing notion that the most shallow people with the biggest mouths are the 'big personalities', but I wasn't suggesting you had bought into this personally.

I agree with much of your reply. We just don't see eye-to-eye over Charley. It's all subjective, really. Some will find her antics watchable, whilst others, like myself, find themselves changing channels when she goes off on one.

I agree totally about the diverse mix needed in the house. Seeing how they all deal with each other is what the show is all about. I don't know though, I just tend to struggle with those of wafer-thin personality who give it large with the mouth to over-compensate for having nothing of substance to contribute. I suppose intelligent people who talk about their differences without resorting to confrontational antics are not going to make good TV ... and this is where the likes of Charley, Grace and Jade come into it. Maybe it's just me, but when 'characters' such as those are kicking off, I just feel the urge to turn over to something else. I'm not sure if that is out of cringing embarrassment for them, or just boredom on my part.

I suppose it's all about personal taste. I have to say I never found Jade remotely interesting, and that was before her antics on 'Celebrity' BB. Many, many others do find her interesting though, so fair do's.

Anyhow, my post was not having a go at you. Apologies if it looked that way.
Ah thats totally fine, I thought you probably were making general remarks rather than a direct response to me anyway. I am inclined to agree with you to an extent about Charley as just a few days ago I though I had become sick of her arguing and wanted her out. Maybe I am a masochist because when I see her ramble and shout again and again I get angry at her but at the same time its compulsive viewing.

I thought the fake eviction was handled quite well and they did seem to try to show Charley the error of her ways. It was the only 'eviction' I've watched in years as I normally find them quite cringeworthy.
Old 19th July 2007, 23:14

Been looking at the BB forum and everyone there seems sort of loopy, holding dislikes of seemingly I thought were okay people. Seems to be a number of Charley fans as well.
Old 19th July 2007, 23:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderboyo
Ah thats totally fine, I thought you probably were making general remarks rather than a direct response to me anyway. I am inclined to agree with you to an extent about Charley as just a few days ago I though I had become sick of her arguing and wanted her out. Maybe I am a masochist because when I see her ramble and shout again and again I get angry at her but at the same time its compulsive viewing.

I thought the fake eviction was handled quite well and they did seem to try to show Charley the error of her ways. It was the only 'eviction' I've watched in years as I normally find them quite cringeworthy.
Cheers for the reply, Wonderboyo.

Sometimes when I'm talking generally I neglect to say so ... hence it looking like I was aiming my comments your way in particular. :embarass: *Makes note to self regarding being clearer in future*.

Since the Charley 'eviction' Ive been busy, so have not seen if she has changed her ways as yet. Hopefully I'll catch up with it tomorrow. Personally, I hope she turns this round and comes out of the house a better person for the experience. If she changed her attitude she'd be hard to dislike.
Old 20th July 2007, 13:54

Quote:
She hasn't changed except to let her head get even bigger, I'm surprised she can hold it up it's so big!
She even managed to get Brian to shout at her and has lost his friendship, He also had a cry in the diary room after their row. Carol is not to happy with her either, so I am really really hoping next week she will be up! *Goes down on bended knees

Brian to win
Oh Well, maybe I was expecting far too much.

I did see her come back into the house, and she was nothing short of delusional at that point, but I did wonder if she'd mellow a bit once she settled back in.

Never mind! I now join you on bended knee in prayer to any god out there who will evict Charley for us.

It must have took some doing to upset Brian. He seems as placid as they come, and he seemed to think a lot of Charley.
I think this week was her honeymoon period, and next week she'll be up for eviction again and go in a landslide vote.

*Gets back on prayer matt*
Old 20th July 2007, 14:26

Mood
Spooky

I reckon BB will just drop yet another twist to save her neck.
Old 20th July 2007, 14:42

Mood
Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magika
when the hell is ziggy gonna get booted out
Soon, I hope. That said, he's a sneaky git, so he may hold on for a while, especially with Chanelle supporting him
Old 20th July 2007, 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightowl
I reckon BB will just drop yet another twist to save her neck.

Please .... don't say that.

Old 21st July 2007, 06:27

Mood
Spooky

They announced at the eviction, there will be another twist next week...

Ziggy has asked to leave the house for the 100th time, hopefully he's being genuine, for a change.
Old 21st July 2007, 23:48

Quote:
They announced at the eviction, there will be another twist next week.
I heard something along the lines of five new housemates(from other reality shows?) but I think the source of that was the daily star and maybe a load of rubbish. You can but hope it is though.
Old 22nd July 2007, 14:31
I.G.

Quote:
I could only hear bits and pieces (not that I'm not sociable you understand ) but why they have to pick bb time is beyond me!
^

Get Charley out!
Closed Thread