SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Board Management > The Garage
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 28th September 2007, 01:20

Default Agoraphobia forum

It strikes me that there are many people that problems go beyond simply social anxiety and more 'agoraphobia'. Would it be useful having a forum-section for that?
Old 28th September 2007, 11:03

Default Re: Agoraphobia forum

It doesn't matter who replies, I was just posting it as a random idea. But I do disagree with what you said. I don't think it would be redundant, and I disagree its overburdening with "disorders".
Old 28th September 2007, 11:11
Deepest Blue

Hi Dakota,

You make a good point however i think the site creator perhaps didn't want to extend the forum to other disorders even though they do interlink with each other, but the site is primarily for SA. I think that the main SA section allows you to deviate a little on how you're feeling and mention other aspects of your illness, but i'm not sure if adding a seperate section to cater for it would be beneficial as this would modify the theme of the site.

Another thing i would add, i think SAUK's layout is spot on. The forum i used to post on has so many sections that you could get lost, a cluttered forum is not really beneficial especially to new members who would find it confusing at first to post the right topic in the right place.

Hopefully a Mod will add the official line on your request.
Take Care
Danny
Old 28th September 2007, 11:17

Yes I understand all this but where I'm coming from is seeing Agoraphobia not necessarily as a seperate disorder but as a situation some saers are in, and one I have been in myself. I just think it might be beneficial in a way. I'm aware of course not everyone may agree as evident here.
Old 28th September 2007, 11:21
Deepest Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
. I just think it might be beneficial in a way. I'm aware of course not everyone may agree as evident here.
I'm not disagreeing with you, i think it's a good idea, however, if may not fit in with the forums structure. There is nothing wrong with your idea.
Old 28th September 2007, 16:06

the way I see it, it would just be maybe a minor subsection underneath the main room or something. I understand where you're coming from but I am thinking in terms of helpfulness over necessarily popularity. I mean would a seperate section help someone who was agoraphobic more than a general sa section? Well, that is hard to answer but my opinion is it might.

Anyway, just an idea. I think as always there is with everything a fear of changing what works, which is fair enough as I do know this place is more popular than say the other place socialphobiaworld which is divided into a little bit too many sections.
Closed Thread