Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 26th July 2012, 11:24

Mood
Sneaky

Default motorcycle gloves

yeah so turns out theres a bunch of motorcyclists on here - regarding gloves, i've cracked it.

cut out the waterproof and cloth linings entirely. just put regular cloth gloves on and then the protective shell over the top. if its raining, cloth gloves, then rubber gloves, then the protective shell.

this way when they get wet you can just dry them on the radiator individually. also means you can wash the inner cloth layer, so you dont end up with gloves that smell like ghengis khan's crotch

your thoughts?
Old 26th July 2012, 12:32
davehedgehog

Default Re: motorcycle gloves

Or drive a car when it's raining.

my gloves have always smelt like ghenkis khans crutch summer winter rain or shine probably because my hands sweat quite a lot, found a few tips on google, bung your gloves in the freezer for a few days, sprinkle baking soda in them then hoover it out and using febreze.

i've got a pair for winter riding and some for summer not much choice out there though as my gloves are xxxxl size joe rocket are the only ones i've found that fit.
Old 26th July 2012, 14:51

Mood
Shoveit

Default Re: motorcycle gloves

Word of caution, if your gloves are made out of leather, drying them on the radiator is a bad idea. The leather will age and crack very quickly.

It's a good idea to have maybe two or so pairs, so you can rotate when one pair gets wet or starts to smell.

I prefer the more lightweight summer gloves (All leather, doubled up around palms, knuckles etc), but only of a decent brand like Alpinestars, as opposed to the cumbersome padded ones. With winter riding, your hands will be cold no matter what you do (in my experience anyway), so thick cumbersome gloves just make matters worse when your fingers are numb.