Old 30th July 2012, 21:39
Banned

Default Re: Football season 2012/2013

FA charges Ferdinand
'Choc ice' Tweet punishment for United defender

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...rges-Ferdinand
Old 30th July 2012, 22:26

^ Still not sure why Anton hasn't been punished.

Also, the old man still got the skills

Old 30th July 2012, 22:27
Banned

What did Anton say?
Old 30th July 2012, 22:30

^ Terry was charged for insulting/aggressive behaviour. Anton was just as bad, doesn't make sense why Terry was charged for 'abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour' and Anton wasn't.
Old 30th July 2012, 22:32

Some posts have been removed (johnni and SubZero). Cut out the bickering please.
Old 30th July 2012, 22:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnni
We dont know how much cash the owners have given him. Could be loads so he has targets in place which i hope is the case. No ones really buying atm as all the best players are only coming back to their clubs after their hols from after the Euro's so expect to see a rush of activity in the next month now.

Seems Agger will be off also.
True, but the positions of the players we need to sign are the most expensive, forwards. Especially if you want quality...
Even if we only recieve £15 million, that could make a big difference to who we sign. I don't think Agger will go tbh, seems a little a different to other players. He was pissed at Torres for moving to Chelsea and said it should mean something to a player to put on a Liverpool shirt, shouldn't sign for a rival team...etc. Could be wrong, I hope not, we can't afford to lose him.
Old 30th July 2012, 22:41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom123
^ Terry was charged for insulting/aggressive behaviour. Anton was just as bad, doesn't make sense why Terry was charged for 'abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour' and Anton wasn't.
Never knew Anton said that.

As Terry sat in the glass-panelled dock, Ferdinand stood in the witness box opposite. He told the court: "He called me a ****, and I called him a **** back. And he gave me a gesture as if to say my breath smelled.

"I said to him: 'How can you call me a ****? You shagged your team-mate's missus, you're a ****'."

This was a reference to Terry's alleged affair with his then team-mate Wayne Bridge's ex-girlfriend Vanessa Perroncel.

As Ferdinand jogged down the pitch, he made a "slow fist pump" gesture with his right hand, indicating sex. After the match, the Chelsea left-back Ashley Cole told him: "You can't talk to JT like that."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...erdinand-court
Old 31st July 2012, 09:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom75
I just reread my last post it seemed fairly aggressive so sorry about that. Its just this sort of stuff really frustrates me.

My problem with things like this is that it seems most clubs care most about fans in countries that will never see a game rather than those who really care about the club. If I had the option of seeing my club play in non league with the history and tradition intact, Id chose that every time over playing in the premiership with a team that has been manufactured to get as many fans as possible in a continent thousands of miles away. But thats just me, and I think Im probably in a massive minority.

Unfortunately I think your 100% right. It seems that for most fans if your successful nothing else matters which is a shame. I do think there will be a small minority who will still complain - I think about 90 Cardiff fans asked for a refund on their ST.

I dont know anything about the Southampton case, but they still play in red and white whereas Cardiff will be the Bluebirds while playing in red with a dragon as their logo. That just seems ridiculous to me.
No need to apologise, it wasn't aggressive. I just wanted to make public that I wasn't disagreeing with you. In fact, I'm inclined to agree with you. I certainly wouldn't want Southampton to dramatically alter their image (more so than they have already done) for a few financial perks.

Concerning the Liverpool discussion, is Craig Bellamy not considered a forward/wide player? Or is he out the door or not of standard? Would Liverpool fans be contented by the potential purchase of Clint Dempsey? Assuming Fulham are prepared to sell him.

Last edited by Wumbo; 31st July 2012 at 09:32. Reason: I'm a doofus.
Old 2nd August 2012, 08:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRich
I'm a (recently promoted) Southampton supporter, so if you could kindly remove the shame I've been experiencing since you posted I'd appreciate it.

P.S Thanks for Nathaniel Clyne (I may be wrongly assuming that you're a Palace supporter).
Ah, my two favourite teams - Scumhampton and Palace. Detesting Palace signficantly more than our recent trifles with Adkins/Southampton I have to say that I am over the moon about you robbing Palace for Nathaniel Clyne - Palace fan's opinion of him is fairly mixed - great player when he can be bothered but can be lazy and drift out of games. The fact that he didn't bother turning up to collect his Fans Player of the Season Award at Palace last year says a lot about the sort of person he is. Fantastic to see that you've finally got rid of Dan Harding. Only Dean Hammond and Dean Wilkins to go
Old 2nd August 2012, 08:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom75
Nope Fulham fan here, certainly not a plastic

I take it your a Brighton fan? You been to the new ground? Whats it like?
We're still awaiting the return of the legend that is Sir Bobby Zamora to his spiritual home.

With all season tickets sold (23k) the Amex is currently being expanded to 31k so the future's looking bright(on) and the work will be completed by season's end. Great ground (although at £110m you'd expect that), every seat padded etc. and it recently won the award for 'Best New Sporting Venue in the World' - beating Juventus's new ground and several American stadiums. Good to see that you've got permission for the river-side stand at Craven Cottage - it looks fantastic on the blueprints.

Old 2nd August 2012, 12:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull
We're still awaiting the return of the legend that is Sir Bobby Zamora to his spiritual home.
Ha thers not much love lost between Fulham fans and Zamora. Hopefully QPR will go down this season so you might well have a chance of signing him again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull
Good to see that you've got permission for the river-side stand at Craven Cottage - it looks fantastic on the blueprints.
Yeah it looks good from the other side of the river, but Im not sure how good it will look from inside. It may look strange with 3 old(ish) stands and one massive new stand, but we'll see.

Wouldn't mind an FA cup draw against Brighton, see new ground and two decent footballing teams. Anyone but Everton away again.
Old 4th August 2012, 20:25

Anyone know how Chelsea got on in their pre-season friendly today?
Old 14th August 2012, 20:02

Old 15th August 2012, 15:40

Mood
Bookworm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19265338

Muamba is retiring - hope is is feeling better x
Old 15th August 2012, 19:49

As a United fan I am not happy with this - i'll have a rant on it later.
Old 15th August 2012, 20:48

Sahin rumours sound promising...
Old 15th August 2012, 21:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineo
half time ,anyone else watching? am I posting in the wrong football thread? england vs italy friendly live on itv 1.
Yep Im watching. Looked a lot better after the goal and good to see some of the younger players get a run out. Wish theyd ban the band tho it does my head in.
Old 15th August 2012, 21:06

Mood
Musical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_James
As a United fan I am not happy with this - i'll have a rant on it later.
Van Persie is quality and will be an excellent addition to the squad provided he stays fit - that's a big if, particularly when our medical staff get their hands on him - but I'll be narked if we don't sign a midfielder this summer. Got a bad feeling we won't though. Anderson will waddle back off the treatment table and it'll be 'just like signing a new player'.
Old 15th August 2012, 21:33

I wouldn't be surprised if he said that. Tbf he doesnt says he'll never move just that he'd prefer to win trophies at Arsenal. The fact is that he isnt going to win any trophies with Arsenal unless they get an easy run in a domestic cup. If he moves to Man utd he'll get a wage rise and the chance to win the title.

I was more surprised that he apparently didnt want to go to Man city...
Old 15th August 2012, 21:35

Wow what a finish from Defoe!
Old 15th August 2012, 22:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SambaBus
Just fed up with this obsession with trophies and money in football these days.
What's the point of not being competitive?
Old 15th August 2012, 22:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark101
As a gooner it annoys the hell out of me how the press are like a dog with a bone counting the days since we last won a trophy.
I wouldn't change the last 15yrs under Arsene for the world,some of the best ever players playing some of the best football ever.

Chelsea hoofed their way to titles and man city bought it,so what?
Arsene is a great manager, but the whole 'we didn't win a trophy, but we made a profit' must be a little frustrating? You don't support a club as a business.
Just my opinion of course...

It just seems a little pointless without success. Nice football should be a by-product of that. Apart from Arsenal fans, history will forget the nice football you have played in the last 8 years or so without a trophy.
Old 15th August 2012, 22:59

Mood
Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeiJingsheng
Arsene is a great manager, but the whole 'we didn't win a trophy, but we made a profit' must be a little frustrating? You don't support a club as a business.
Just my opinion of course...

It just seems a little pointless without success. Nice football should be a by-product of that. Apart from Arsenal fans, history will forget the nice football you have played in the last 8 years or so without a trophy.
Like you said history will but the fans won't and that's what matters.

If I was an Arsenal fan I would be absolutely furious. Call me naive but I honestly didn't think he'd go to another Prem club, I thought he'd go abroad. I've had it with football!!!! .
Old 16th August 2012, 02:09

And....breathe...haha.

Anyway, predictions for the outcome of the coming season?

For me:

1/ United
2/ City
3/ Arsenal
4/ Chelsea
5/ Tottenham
6/ Liverpool
7/ Everton
8/ Aston Villa
9/ Newcastle
10/ Fulham
11/ Sunderland
12/ Norwich
13/ QPR
14/ Stoke
15/ Southampton
16/ Swansea
17/ West Ham
18/ Wigan
19/ West Brom
20/ Reading
Old 16th August 2012, 02:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reasonable Doubt
Van Persie is quality and will be an excellent addition to the squad provided he stays fit - that's a big if, particularly when our medical staff get their hands on him - but I'll be narked if we don't sign a midfielder this summer. Got a bad feeling we won't though. Anderson will waddle back off the treatment table and it'll be 'just like signing a new player'.
Central midfield is where Fergie has made the most mistakes in terms of bad signings and forcing players to play there who don't belong in that position. That's the reason i'm most angry with the Van Persie signing, i'm now convinced he'll play Kagawa as a centre midfielder even though he's never played there and he's best playing 'in the hole'

Wouldn't be surprised to see Carrick and Valencia in the back four against Everton either, square pegs and round holes all the time!
Old 16th August 2012, 02:28

Where will Kagawa play? I assumed he would be moved centrally or is he being used as a wide player?

Personally I think with the signing of Kagawa and van Persie if he stays fit will swing the title your way.
Old 16th August 2012, 02:47

Did anyone create an SAUK fantasy football league? If not here is the code for one I created.

18190-313763
Old 16th August 2012, 07:39

I hate the man but some of the things he has written are pretty funny..

http://twitter.com/piersmorgan
Old 16th August 2012, 09:57

Mood
Bookworm

I'm looking forward to the first Saints game although it will be a tough match. I hope they stay up as it is really good for the city.
Old 16th August 2012, 13:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Erikson
I'm looking forward to the first Saints game although it will be a tough match. I hope they stay up as it is really good for the city.
A fellow Southampton fan?