View Poll Results: Has a film made you cry
Yes 10 90.91%
No 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 16th November 2012, 23:16
Banned at own request

Default Have you cried watching a film? What films have made you cried

I haven't watched many film and of what i can remember i've only cried watching one film. Others have nearly brought me to tears but then i hide the tears cause crying would be embarrassing for me as a male to do.

I haven't cried for years but then in RE my class has been watching the movie Ghost. Although it's mostly a funny movie i felt like crying during a few scenes, especially at some scenes at the end of the movie, like when Molly and Sam get back together for a moment, you might know this scene if you've watched the film. The scene and some others reminded me of having a true and close relationship with people that support you. The song that comes at the emotional scenes also added to me wanting to cry.

However as much as i felt like crying i never did cause its not considered a manly thing to do and i dont even think the girls in the class were crying, although the teacher did cause she said that she relates the film to the death of a baby she had. Instead of crying i hid my emotions and went into a cold sweat when the teacher cried. Hiding my emotions made me nervous though cause i didn't want anyone to know how i felt.
Old 16th November 2012, 23:43

Default Re: Have you cried watching a film? What films have made you cried

Not sure if I've cried but I definitely had that tennis ball throat thing at the end of Toy Story 3. I might have got a little bit misty eyed***8230; I dare anyone to say they didn't feel the same!

There have been a few episodes of the office (both US and British versions) that hit a bit close to home and had a similar effect.
Old 16th November 2012, 23:43

It`s probably more a question of what films haven`t I cried at

"Ghost" was definitely one that got me,as did "What Dreams May Come" and "City of Angels" (which proves I really will cry at anything as Nicolas Cage and Meg Ryan are two actors I can`t stand and who usually ruin any film they`re in for me).* I can`t remember all the other titles but they range from "Turner and Hooch" to "Shakespeare In Love",from films that are meant to be weepies to rom-coms (if crying at happy endings as well as sad ones counts).

It`s got worse (or gone back to normal depending on your view ) since I`ve been off antidepressants - films,TV shows,books,songs,the news,even a soppy advert will do it. I even cried watching Match of the Day once...tbf it was when Gary Lineker wished Fabrice Muamba well on the day he collapsed but still,I pretty much am a human tidal wave.

EDIT: Remembered the first two Terminator films made me cry too....if only I`d ever needed proof of being a bit odd this could have been useful info.

Last edited by girlinterrupted; 16th November 2012 at 23:57. Reason: Old and sleepy with a rubbish memory
Old 16th November 2012, 23:50

Mood
Sneaky

i tend to do really random crying at films, i'll cry at things that aren't even meant to be sad, its more a kind of 2am, watching a film in social isolation, catching myself off guard kinda thing.

i cried during godfather 2
Old 17th November 2012, 00:17

Revolutionary Road, every time. And, AI, which nobody seems to rate, has me in floods of tears, from the moment the robot is left in the forest, all the way to the end of the film - and the first time I saw it all the way home from the cinema too.
Old 17th November 2012, 00:19

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha
Revolutionary Road, every time. And, AI, which nobody seems to rate, has me in floods of tears, from the moment the robot is left in the forest, all the way to the end of the film - and the first time I saw it all the way home from the cinema too.
i liked AI. on that theme though, when johnny 5 gets torn a new one in short circuit 2, thats far more emotive Dx
Old 17th November 2012, 00:42

can't remember the last film i cried watching a film., think it was the hunter but i blubber like a baby watching the superman man of steel trailer. i've watched it like 20 times, its like a work of art and never fails to make me weep every time
Old 18th November 2012, 09:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth brundle
i liked AI. on that theme though, when johnny 5 gets torn a new one in short circuit 2, thats far more emotive Dx
I'll keep the tissues handy for that one!
Old 18th November 2012, 09:33

I cry at every film, I cried at batman yesterday :\
Old 18th November 2012, 10:32

Mood
Amused

I cried at Mary and Max and it's a bloody animated film!!! First film that ever made me cry was The Champ.
Old 18th November 2012, 10:33
Banned

Mood
Goofy

Beaches, The Champ, War Horse not sobbed though, easily stopped.