SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 23rd October 2016, 21:30

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

I've become worried about tremors and/or dystonia again.

I know no-one's going to answer but I am curious as to if other people experience this symptom and what they do to ease it.

I've got mild shakes now not sure why. Nobody would notice but it's disconcerting for me.

I think it may just be because I drank a lot yesterday, well, 4 white wines and I never drink. I was shy at a party and just kept drinking. I felt embarrassed this morning.

It's not something I will do again, I was so sick and felt absolutely terrible.
Old 23rd October 2016, 21:53
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

@Dandelion10
I'm not sure what dystonia is but I suffer a lot from tremors, particularly in my legs and also muscles going slightly spasmodic.
My GP says it's just anxiety but he would say that even if I had a leg missing!

I personally believe it is related to an electrolyte imbalance, my Mg was low and, as I exclude most dairy products from my diet, I suspect calcium is low too.

I am currently supplementing Mg to see if that has any effect and will be adding in Ca too.

Don't know if that's answered any questions for you or just given you more.

Some SSRIs can also cause tremors as a side effect.
Old 23rd October 2016, 22:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter*
I love Dartmoor, once i nearly got stuck in a bog ,luckily had wellies on . A stick is definitely needed
yeah big hazard up there. I reckon I need to invest in a walking stick.
Old 23rd October 2016, 22:08

Thanx D1662, Omega 3 is supposed to be good for it as well. For electrolytes that would be sports drinks (non caffeinated) or coconut water.
Old 23rd October 2016, 22:13

dystonia- I do get this odd lip asychrony sometimes.
Old 24th October 2016, 00:06

Awful. Third day of restraining my cat with a towel to shove a pill down her throat and drops in her ear and it's still making me feel terrible. She looks at me like "Whyyy? Please. I'll be a good cat I promise. Please don't hurt me again" or at least in my mind that's what she's saying.

She then hides under the bed then goes on top of the bed and stays there for hours. If we don't let her in to the bedroom she sits on our laps still and is really needy but again, in my mind she's tryna convince us not to hurt her again.

I may admittedly be imagining my cat is a human.

I'm really scared that when this is over we won't ever have the same relationship again. We've never hit her or even sprayed her with water or punished her in any way. She stops when we just tell her no and for more difficult things we have always found some other way of stopping her like tin foil on the counters or spraying electrical wires with spray that tastes horrible to cats.
We built up so much trust and she loved us and trusted us more than I've ever known a cat to be with their human even after only being with us a few weeks.

Now after we've been terrifying her and hurting her and she doesn't know it's for the best, I am scared she will become one l those independent cats who isn't bothered about being around us and who doesn't like sitting on our laps. I'm scared that every time we do it to her she's a step closer to not liking us.

Argh. I know it's ridiculous for me to be so upset by this. I just hate hurting anyone or anything, especially something so vulnerable.

This may be why people at work are now calling me a crazy cat lady. I don't even care. I love my cat so much.

My husband looked at me crying the other day about having to do it and said "I'm glad we don't have kids" - I agree. I feel like I'd be an overbearing mother who wrapped my kids up in cotton wool and wished death on anyone who hurt them in any way.

Having a cat is intense enough. Being an actual parent sounds hard, man.

On a positive note, my husband has been great. He never wanted a cat and he does really like the cat but wouldn't be bothered if we didn't have her. Yet he's been waking up at 6am without complaint to restrain the cat for me to medicate her before I go to work, giving her loads of cuddles and attention, carrying her to her food when she was too weak to do much and being absolutely lovely. He's been reassuring me when I've been obsessing and crying an unacceptable amount because of doing this and generally being amazing.
Old 24th October 2016, 18:20
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Tired and fed up of not sleeping properly, no wonder I'm always in a bad mood, it's been months since I last slept a whole night
Old 24th October 2016, 19:11
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Not bad considering. Failed MOT. Not totally unexpected I guess but annoying as I now have to find a garage to do the repairs. Doesn't help that I don't really know what I'm talking about. I failed on 2 things the latter being : seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded nearside front (inner sill).
Worse is my old MOT expires on wed and my road tax on the 31st. :/

On saying that I felt quite good for battling through the anxiety to get it done, plus walking round town sa free for over an hour. Then visiting my dad in hospital. So not all bad.
Old 24th October 2016, 19:28

Mood
Tired

Lonely
Old 24th October 2016, 19:50

Sorry for myself (because I've haven't had a single friend in my adult life).
Old 24th October 2016, 21:22

Valerian is good for sleep. Unless it requires stronger medication.

It's hard making friends as an adult even without SA, Ninja so don't feel too bad about it. I have few friends, most are much older or have their own issues, somehow that's less judgement.

Been at my friends' house most of today. Mostly studying together, had some tea, found a hedgehog.

Trying to stop worrying about my health. Nothing untoward is happening with it, groundless fears but I still feel like something bad will happen. Need to take control of my mind.

My friend cancelled for tomorrow, we were going to make a day of it in Leeds. Feel like there was something smug in his message, he has admitted to being arsey over the phone. Have to be nice though, don't want to lose his friendship.
Old 24th October 2016, 21:36
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Nervous, befriending people online raises so many what ifs,
What if they are a fraudster?
What if they are real?
Why do they want pictures?
Will they think I'm weird if I don't want to send any?
How will I cope if they want to meet up?

Why did I start this?
Is making friends worth all this anxiety?

At least the ones I have made on SAUK didn't make me feel this anxious
Old 25th October 2016, 00:30

@Biscuits - thanks for your reply. She doesn't like cheese or chicken. I think we've made her a bit addicted to fish since that's all she likes to eat (her cat food is fish flavored and we give her the occasional bit of tuna) - the tablets are quite big so I've not been able to hide them in fish successfully enough for her not to notice. I bought some salmon flavored pill pockets online though which you hide the pill in and they should be here today or tomorrow so I will give them a go.

She's not really in to playing either, even with cat nip toys. Her life is quite dull really. When she's not sick she'll run around by herself playing with the string on her cat tree or occasionally attack one of her toys but when we try to play with her she isn't too fussed. She really only enjoys cuddles, cardboard boxes and fish.

She actually seems to be getting a bit better though. She still hates her medicine and cries when we bring her on to the table to do it but today she actually tilted her head for me to clean her cut, knowing I was about to do that. So she's not fighting it as much anymore. We've been keeping the bedroom door closed mostly and right after her medicine she has started climbing on us and cuddling us.

I don't have a cat brush as normally she grooms herself just fine and her hair is short, but she's not been happy about not being able to groom herself so yesterday I took one of those really soft travel toothbrushes out from the pack and brushed her with it and she really enjoyed that. So fingers crossed she is getting used to it all. My husband stayed there for ages scratching her head for her and she sat there for ages moving under him to show him where to scratch. If anything we are probably spoiling her with attention and when she goes back to normal she'll wonder why our whole life doesn't revolve around her anymore haha.

Thanks for all the help and advice. Definitely feeling less stressed about everything now.

-

I'm feeling okay today. Work is insane at the moment with loads to do. Everyone is kinda freaking out. This year I am doing after school club three days a week for an hour each day. It's like thirty odd quid each hour so it's definitely worth it, it just I've had less time to get everything done. I feel like I'm just treading water, trying not to drown. October has been a busy month. Luckily everyone is feeling this way so it's not just me.
Old 25th October 2016, 10:13

I feel a bit like I've fallen off the train of contentment and no matter how hard I run it speeds further and further away....basically I've buggered it all up.
Old 25th October 2016, 11:03

^^ Perhaps there is another one but I'm too caught up in everything to notice. I've extended this metaphor as far as I can.

The beer break is going ok at least. Not a sip since I attempted the pub quiz last Wednesday. That will be a stern test if I decide to go again this week. In my head the pub is like some kind of booze palace where I offend the Gods if I don't drink. Also I have some weird anxiety that if I nurse coca cola all night the land lady will think I'm not a cost effective use of her space.
Old 25th October 2016, 11:48
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Tired and nervous, fed up of life being a constant battle, why can't something be easy for a change?
Old 25th October 2016, 12:45

^ Hope you're okay. If you had to do it, you had to do it. I find it very hard to believe you'd do anything horrible with intent or choice. Plus everyone lets one rip in Sainsbury's once in a while.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. First bit still holds though.)

^^ Feel better, D1.
Old 25th October 2016, 13:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
Incredibly sick and guilty about something. I haven't done anything terrible. It was something that I had to do, but I feel awful for having to have done it. I hate it when people make cryptic messages like this, but I don't want to say what it is and I don't have anyone to say that I'm feeling incredibly horrible and guilty to. I'm being a bit silly about it, but Ack. I hate it when you have to do something that ordinarily you wouldn't do because it feels so mean and horrible.
Listen, don't worry about it, ok. We've all had to use a cat to wipe our @rse at some point in our lives. It's not your fault toilet paper doesn't last forever. There's only so many times you can fold a sheet before you run out of clean sides.
Old 25th October 2016, 13:27

Mood
Fine

^^^ I don't think you're capable of doing anything remotely mean or horrible
Old 25th October 2016, 16:52
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

^ Well done Flumpsy

At least you now have the pleasure of some mechanical work to do
Hope she goes through the re test.
Old 25th October 2016, 16:56
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^^
Well done Flumpsy. Sounds like me yesterday.
I have managed to book mine into a local garage for tomorrow. (alas I don't have the mechanical know how you do, plus welding might be a bit of a stretch lol). It's all very sa inducing though.

----

I'm feeling quite dreadful. Walked to counselling this s'morning feeling dreadful with a never ending head cold that I keep thinking has gone and then hit's me again plus body aches. I sat through the session in a deep bloody depression, woe is me mood. Which I sort of regret now :/

I've perked a bit and rather randomly booked swimming lessons. Either that or i'm feverish and going mad. (Probably the later)
Old 25th October 2016, 17:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by flumpsy
But it failed the MOT on
2 discs,
1 balljoint,
1 suspension bush
1 wheel bearing
A tyre
They are bastards!!!
Old 25th October 2016, 17:34

Tired and hungry, looking forward tonight's movie marathon though
Old 25th October 2016, 18:05

^ I read 'car' as 'ear' for a second, and judged your son to be an idiot. But he isn't, he's awesome.
Old 25th October 2016, 19:14

Ridiculously stressed. Everything's going wrong today.
Old 25th October 2016, 20:16

Mood
Sad

Shit - left yet another message for a different organisation. No-one has got back to me...
Old 25th October 2016, 21:09

Sore throat. Just been relaxing today, probably should have been doing the two essays due early next month but I think I can wing it. Bit bored, missing my bf but it awkward as even on messenger he can't converse very well.
Old 26th October 2016, 01:17

How dae ye ken "How is everyone feeling?" ?
Old 26th October 2016, 08:59
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Bloody sleepy again
Had yet another rubbish nights sleep.
Old 26th October 2016, 17:15

Just done good SA challenge. Bought a sewing kit, then went to 3 mobile stores enquiring about mifi. The 3 people I met were professional enough. Last guy he may have accidentally blew a sale, but he was honest. None in stock.