SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 7th June 2014, 16:17

Smile 3 questions

i just wanted to know if any one has had the same things i have experienced.

1. i have days or moments when i feel positive about getting better but then suddenly i can feel anxious again. for example i was okay yesterday and when i woke this morning, then i had a feeling i was locked into a state of anxiety normally my pupils go really small when this happens. when ever i start to feel better something happens to make me feel worse again. can anyone relate to this.

2. this doesn't happen very often but some times out of the blue i get a sugar low that makes me feel weak, ill and anxious so i have to have something high in sugar then after a few minutes i feel normal again. i've had a blood sugar test in the past which came out normal. again can anyone relate to this.

3. a couple times in the past 2 years i've had a sudden bout of uncontrollable fear and anxiety lasting about 2 weeks at it's worst, i had to take diazepam both times. my gp said it might be a build up from all the anxiety and stress over the years. it really shook me up and i haven't been the same since, unable to relax with the fear it will come back again and again. have any of you had experiences like this.

i would be grateful for any feedback.
Old 7th June 2014, 17:22

Default Re: 3 questions

I've definitely had the same as 1 and 2. Moods and anxiety can change very quickly seemingly for no reason, it's very common. I get weakness sometimes - I normally have some fruit juice which seems to do the trick, and now I know the solution I don't really get anxious about it.

I haven't had 3 exactly, but I've had bouts of panic attacks (mainly at night) when I've had something worrying me really badly.
Old 7th June 2014, 17:28

Mood
Bitching

you sure you arent diabetic?
perhaps suffer from a starch intolerance?
Old 7th June 2014, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofSA
you sure you arent diabetic?
perhaps suffer from a starch intolerance?
i don't think so when i mentioned it to the doctor she said it might be my anxiety that causes a sudden drop. i'll look into the starch intolerance. thanks.
Old 7th June 2014, 19:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progress
I've definitely had the same as 1 and 2. Moods and anxiety can change very quickly seemingly for no reason, it's very common. I get weakness sometimes - I normally have some fruit juice which seems to do the trick, and now I know the solution I don't really get anxious about it.

I haven't had 3 exactly, but I've had bouts of panic attacks (mainly at night) when I've had something worrying me really badly.
i didn't think many people would relate to number 3, both times it happened i was under a lot of stress and i was very low so it triggered something but i don't know what.

with number 3 i had thought it might be to do with the fact that i used to use alcohol to help me get to sleep for the past 10 years, usually about 4 cans of stella or grolsh. i've tried stopping again because i know it won't help my situation. in fact last time i stopped drinking, about a week in was when i had the really bad anxiety but i was ill and very stressed at the time.

like i said before i feel like when ever i try to get better something happens to knock me back.