SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 22nd March 2021, 15:56

Default Re: How are you feeling physically?

^ Aww I'm so sorry that you're having to endure pain on a daily basis Azalea
You would think in this day and age that there would be better pain relief drugs available but it seems not. I've suffered with the awful pain of Sciatica myself so can't imagine how you cope with that AND your other conditions.

I must say with each passing year I develop yet another ache or pain and my body is rapidly wearing out. Gawd knows what I'll be like 30 years from now if I live that long!

Lol, I'll join you at the knackers yard when you've had enough of it all

Take care Azalea xx
Old 23rd March 2021, 02:44

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolida

Lol, I'll join you at the knackers yard when you've had enough of it all

Take care Azalea xx
I'll save you a seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanuq
^^ That sounds tough, Azalea
Thank you
Old 23rd March 2021, 11:08

Mood
Lucky

Have you looked into ME/CFS symptoms and treatments? On that program about long covid the other day I think they said that for some people, long covid is ME/CFS so there could be some overlap when it comes to treatment?

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2020101521173
Old 24th March 2021, 16:38

Mood
Cynical

^ Could it be something along the lines of sleep apnea? Or.....I forget what that thing is called, when you dream that you're falling and then you jerk awake and your heart's beating fast? (Edit: hypnic jerk.)
Old 24th March 2021, 20:15

Mood
Cynical

That's ok. They do say that there are a lot of neurological symptoms that people can have due to long covid. I expect the medical community will gain more knowledge about it all over time, but that will probably take a long time unfortunately.
Old 25th March 2021, 15:19

Mood
Tired

^

that sounds really rough Nanuq, the night tremors,
I know that tremor can be a way for your body to react if it's feeling really cold,
it's the bodies way of generating heat by stimulating the blood flow,

when I had a reaction after AZ Vaccination , my body was shivering at night, imagining it was somehow freezing, (but obviously it wasn't)

I know that diazepam can be prescribed for body spasms, I'm surprised they haven't done that if it's a core issue you are having,...

came across a short piece on Long Covid affecting women.
Old 25th March 2021, 15:50

AZ vaccination yesterday, spent an awful night dressed in thermals under 3 big duvets and a blanket and still shivered all night, a banging headache and sore eyes into the mix. Got up this morning feeling rough as and haven’t stopped eating.

...and they say the follow-up dose gives you worse side effects than the first!! . Not looking forward to that
Old 25th March 2021, 16:52

Mood
Cynical

^/^^ Maybe the second dose will be better for people who had a nasty reaction to the first dose!
Old 25th March 2021, 16:55

^^ poor you Kooky. How many days were you ill for post-vaccination? I’ve heard of people vomiting (and worse) having a whole week of feeling rough!

^ That’s my hope Dougella
Old 26th March 2021, 04:03

Mood
Breezy

^Hello young lady, where the devil have you been?
Old 26th March 2021, 11:08

Mood
Lucky

It's probably a good idea they've spaced out the first and second jabs as much as possible because if people do get worse affects after the second, it might put people off getting either.

As most people haven't had the second one yet, there haven't been many reports of issues.

Although I did read that if you've had covid already, the first jab is bad (as it's your second interaction with covid).

If you haven't had covid, then the second jab is bad (as it's your second interaction with covid after the 1st jab).
Old 26th March 2021, 11:20

People have been receiving their second doses in other countries for a while now despite reports of the side effects being worse after the second. I haven't heard of it putting anyone off yet. Does it still count as an "interaction" with the virus when none of the vaccines actually contain a live version of it?

I was pretty ill for almost a week after the first and I've never had the virus (to my knowledge). The side effects almost seem to be completely random in who they affect besides different vaccines seeming to have roughly the same range of symptoms (e.g. Oxford sounds like it's more fever-based illness from what people report, whereas Pfizer is more muscle/nerve pain and tiredness).
Old 26th March 2021, 11:54

Mood
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen.
People have been receiving their second doses in other countries for a while now despite reports of the side effects being worse after the second. I haven't heard of it putting anyone off yet.
I meant people they know and they see it first hand. Like if your spouse gets it and feels awful and you see them feeling awful then think, maybe I don't want that for myself.

The vaccines "contain material from the virus that causes COVID-19" so I would say it's still an "interaction" with it and does make a difference on whether you get side effects or not.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...they-work.html

Quote:
people who have had a previous COVID-19 infection are almost twice as likely to experience one or more mild whole body (systemic) after effects compared to people who didn’t have COVID-19 (33% vs 19%)
https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/vacci...eady-had-covid
Old 26th March 2021, 15:34

Mood
Cynical

^^ My Mum had covid around the end of last year and had the covid vaccine last month but didn't get any severe symptoms with it, just felt a bit under the weather for a few days. But she is in her 60s, it seems like people who are younger can tend to get more severe side effects, which might be something to do with their immune system. But otherwise it does seem random as to who reacts more strongly to it!
Old 26th March 2021, 17:20

Mood
Lucky

Yeah they say young people get a worse response as they have a stronger immune system.

So I guess if you have no response, that means you would've struggled if you got covid as you have a weak immune system?

Quote:
But a new study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that three groups are more likely to report vaccine side effects than others: Women, young people, and people who've already had COVID-19.
https://www.eatthis.com/news-covid-w...-side-effects/

Quote:
The second phase is the "recall" or "memory" response, which is when the substance is reintroduced to the body. This triggers a faster response to clear the substance before it has a chance to "spread everywhere at high levels and infect a lot of cells."

Since people who have had the coronavirus have already begun the new immune response process, the first dose of the vaccine would be more likely to prompt a recall response. However, people who didn't have the coronavirus will have that new immune response with their first dose, then the recall response with their second.
https://www.today.com/health/covid-v...t-more-t212334

What reactions people get the most:
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7008e3.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooky Monster
I guess he's thinking that if it is indeed a side effect then he's already been struck with the headache so what harm can the second dose do - he may as well get it and at least be protected from Covid ontknow
A headache that's twice as worse/long lasting?
Old 28th March 2021, 09:30

Mood
Musical

I've noticed this past year since lockdown that my physical health has deteriorated abit due to not going anywhere basically just working then going home, its been a year since i've indoor climbed which i totally miss because it helps with my mental health and it gives me abit of exercise too which is always good, last few weeks my back/neck has been playing up just hope that settles down so in all its not been a good time... just hope when most things open back up and we have a new norm it can get better!
Old 31st March 2021, 14:37

My ear still isn’t back to normal. It feels like its trying to sort it self out. Constantly pop, pop, pop, popping, but never fully unpopping.

It feels weird and full (sensation wise, not to touch, I haven’t touched it). I keep hoping that if I yawn it will magically unpop.

Maybe this is just how it will be from now on. I’m not in any pain or anything like that. It’s more of a mildly annoying discomfort. Guess I should ring the doctor tomorrow to ask for some advice.
Old 31st March 2021, 17:33

^ thank you, I've been sniffing one of those this week for my blocked nose. I hoped my ear would unblock when my nose did, but nope!

I kind of want to stick the inhaler in my ear to see if it will work!
Old 31st March 2021, 17:51

Oooh. That is good to know that there is a possible treatment. I have been to the nurse two or three times about this, so am starting to feel a bit annoying haha. They've never actually looked at my ear. It's all been over the phone. That's not a criticism, I just wonder if they will invite me in to take a look tomorrow.
Old 31st March 2021, 18:50

^ Oooo - had to google that nose balloon! That's really reassuring to know that your ear cleared up on its own

It's getting me down because it's not something I can distract myself from.
Old 1st April 2021, 09:41

Mood
Alienated

I'm going to rant in here now. Since its sort of health related.

I had a CT Scan on Feb 16th - I've heard nothing. I went to doctors on Feb 24/25th for something else and asked about the scan. They said it would take a bit longer to get any results..fine fine.

Still nothing. I have major health anxiety so I avoid this sort of thing at all costs. But after several hours of pacing up and down this morning I eventually made myself an NHS app log in so I could see my own information. I finally plucked up enough courage..to find its a very limited service until your GP allows you to see more information..so I don't have anything even on there apart from some sort of allergic reaction to medication in 2008! (Which I didn't even know I had)

The GP has abandoned all hope till Tuesday - if you have a problem contact 111!

Fekk sake, its so hard to get any information out of anyone, and its mostly self inflicted because I referred myself to a private cardiologist so I don't think they knew where to send the test results back to.
Old 1st April 2021, 10:32

^ there's nothing more anxiety inducing than waiting for results

Is there any chance you chase up the private place that you went to for the tests to see where they sent the results and when they'll be ready?

Hopefully their lack of urgency means it's good news either way, you wanna know!
Old 1st April 2021, 10:39

Mood
Alienated

I just sent an email to one of his secretaries

It's a very weird letter, hes either got 4 secretaries all to himself or theres a pool of them that deal with a couple of consultants at the private hospital.

I'd like to think if my heart was knackered they wouldnt wait 6-7 weeks to tell me but

It's a very weird issue. When a consultant tells you he doesn't think theres anything serious going on but then in the letter goes on to list various things that aint right..its slightly concerning.

I've had some shocking experiences with the NHS in the past so although I don't want to get on the hating bandwagon..I'm still quite concerned they either never pressed record/they lost my results or they are still sat on a desk somewhere waiting to be shredded.

I'd convinced myself no news is good news, I don't know why I've woke up today convinced I'm about to need heart surgery
Old 1st April 2021, 10:44

Aww Toxic. I get exactly the same - health anxiety is a horrible feeling.

At least with this digital age, you can rest assured that your results will be stored somewhere so they will be retrievable if they've been sent to the wrong place or if if they have accidentally not been sent off.

Hope they get back to you soon so you can have some answers. In the meantime make sure you do some distracting things for a little bit.
Old 1st April 2021, 17:41

Mood
Alienated

I've picked the wrong time to get brave and try and get some answers for all this, Easter is like the only time aside from xmas when things close!

The secretary I picked claims anything NHS related would never go back there, he has a private secretary and an NHS secretary (lardy da!)

I either have to try my GP again or try his other secretary who would at least know if "something" exists..but because its easter your not allowed help
Old 1st April 2021, 18:53

^ oh no! Let’s hope they can get it sorted on Tuesday.
Old 1st April 2021, 19:58

I went to the nurse about my ear. She was luffly. She had a good rummage around in my ear hole and said there’s no sign of infection anymore. She suggested I try some olive oil ear drops. If it’s not back to normal by the end of next week, she says they’ll have to syringe my ears .
Old 6th April 2021, 20:12

Mood
Alienated

^ Delayed good luck on the ear front..its a weird one, its something I've never really had a problem with yet you hear of pretty much everyone having some sort of ear infection at some point!

I'm pretty miffed. I spent all the weekend bracing myself to find out what was going on. I send the e-consult message thing at like 7:55am and run off to work expecting to get some sort of phone call this week..but it was fine it wasn't at that exact minute I could put it off for a while. 10 minutes later I get one back saying they have no idea about any CT scan, it still must be at the hospital and I should contact them.

I spend most of the morning bouncing between the hospital and a secretary not answering me. I finally get through to the CT department who says my report went back to the cardiologist on the 23th of March and my best bet is trying her again. Eventually in the afternoon someone answers. It's not her, shes not at work today..I get what sounds like a 15 year old on work experience filling in. Oh yes, I can see a scan here..I'll leave them a reminder tomorrow to actually consider looking at it/writing a report.

7 weeks..7 weeks and no ones even looked at it yet. I'd told myself no news is good news..but now I'm back to the start..no news is ..no news because no ones been arsed to even look at it

I know he said the NHS would be fine..I don't think he was aware how much I've got myself in a state over this, I should have just paid the £400 for the CT scan (but he told me it would be an MRI which was £1700)

..Sigh
Old 7th April 2021, 08:45

^ oh no, that's terrible! Maybe you could ring them again today and ask for the doctor to ring you back to explain the results because you've had to wait 7 weeks and it's making you worry. Hopefully someone can speak to you about them. A few moments of phone anxiety will hopefully be more endurable than waiting for a letter to be written.

I'd like to think that because they're taking their time over it that it's not anything bad because they would have referred you

Hope you get some answers soon.
Old 8th April 2021, 12:14

^^ It's absolutely terrible the way you've been waiting for so long for your scan report Toxic. One wonders if they would have ever gotten around to looking at it and getting back to you! Hopefully now that you've started chasing them up they will get back to you sharpish with the results and it will be good news.

I've been suffering with constant pain in both my legs particularly around the lower half and the ankle area. I also get twinges in my arms but it's not as bad. I'm now taking painkillers every day - paracetamol, Ibruprofen, Aspirin, and I've even tried Co-codamol - but none of them give me any relief. The pain is hellish at night. The pain feels like it's deep in the core of my bones. I won't bother seeing a GP because if I do eventually get an appointment with one I won't get anywhere. Last time I went for something different I was treated like a silly neurotic woman and ended up having to go private where the Doctor found a physical cause.

I'll rather put up with the constant pain than risk the humiliation of seeing my GP again.