SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 9th December 2010, 21:30
Banned

Default Re: What is the worst thing someone has ever said to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubs

Thankfully, it turns out people like me should definately have children because mine are gorgeous & love me to bits.
Old 10th December 2010, 03:32

i was browsing the films in blockbusters one night and these guys came into the store with a video camera. i overheard one of 'em say 'thats the ugliest guy i've ever seen' while filming me. i was a cronic acoholic back then and believed it but i still cried all the way home. i fantasised for years about confronting them and smashing their camcorder. i've embraced buddhism now and forgiven all the ppl that hurt me. its pointless holding grudges and living in the past.
Old 10th December 2010, 07:56

Mood
Woot

Maybe not the worst, but it springs to mind, as it was said a couple of days ago. I was with my family, and was asked what I was doing for new years. I said that I was out with mates, and my dad said, in front of everyone, 'are you sure? you don't have any mates'...

I was so embarrassed, angry and upset. It pretty much confirms why I hate my dad so much.
Old 10th December 2010, 07:56

Mood
Woot

Maybe not the worst, but it springs to mind, as it was said a couple of days ago. I was with my family, and was asked what I was doing for new years. I said that I was out with mates, and my dad said, in front of everyone, 'are you sure? you don't have any mates'...

I was so embarrassed, angry and upset. It pretty much confirms why I hate my dad so much.
Old 10th December 2010, 12:47

Mood
Confused

I can't believe how nasty people can be! I shared a house with a nurse once and she was a 2 faced cow. I'm sure if anyone was to confront her she would have broken down and cried but no one dared. Typical bullies - all mouth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzz

That's really shit. I would have died on the spot I think! What did you do?
Old 10th December 2010, 15:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubs
The most horrible things said to me were by staff in hospital after having my babies, particularly the first.
Or rather about me not to me..I was in a room opposite the nurses station & at night could hear the night staff talking about me almost constantly.
Some that stuck in my head were..what's wrong with her face?
Good job she's not on a cancer ward she'd depress everbody
She's disgusting
People like that shouldn't have children.
One morning one of the staff came in chatting to be really friendly about her own children & told me all about her daughter having big ugly feet..I said 'oh, poor thing, I've got big feet & I hate them' (which I have) only to hear her repeat the whole conversation 5 minutes later followed by peals of laughter & of course she was making it up, just pointing out I had ugly feet in a sly & horrible way.
They were so bad a senior staff member repremanded them one night & I heard her saying something about my mental health history. When she'd gone they fell about laughing sayin 'oooh, I'm shy!' to each other.

What Absolute Bitches.
I was suicidal by the time I left hospital, aswell as having severe anaemia, that I refused a transfusion for as I wouldn't stay there any longer, and a womb infection.

Thankfully, it turns out people like me should definately have children because mine are gorgeous & love me to bits.
was this a while ago? i'm studying nursing now and we are getting it thoroughly drummed into us that behaviour like that (even among staff talking to each other) is completely intolerable. i'm starting my first placement in jan so i hope things arent going to be like that.
Old 10th December 2010, 16:21

dont know if its the worst thing but a colleague of mine once said i was a miserable morose bastard. actually i was extremely shy and quiet at the time. Now i'm miserable and morose partly because of tosspots like him so i guess he got it right in the end.
Old 10th December 2010, 17:17

Mood
Woot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illogical Lady

That's really shit. I would have died on the spot I think! What did you do?
I flipped, I don't get along with him anyway. I have no respect for him, I know I sound like a horrible person by saying that, but this sort of thing is a regular occurrence in my house.
Old 10th December 2010, 17:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by custardcreams
was this a while ago? i'm studying nursing now and we are getting it thoroughly drummed into us that behaviour like that (even among staff talking to each other) is completely intolerable. i'm starting my first placement in jan so i hope things arent going to be like that.
I can reassure you that not all Nurses are like that. You get the odd bitchy nurse but most are either really nice/just in their own world.

As for Blubs it's pretty disgusting that nurses could even think about that but I wouldn't worry about it alot of nurses just do it for a power thing and they're really not good people at all. :-) don't take it personally people are just bitches.
Old 10th December 2010, 21:36

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Hi,
not very long ago. 4 years ago for my first, & my other little boys just turned 3.
To be honest one of the things that helped me get over it were all the other shitty stories I heard from other mums.
I think the staff treat you according to how much they like you, any weakness & they're just cruel. There was obviously a huge lack of professionalism in the way I was treated.

I don't think it's confined to maternity wards, though I think it's rife there, the general attitude seems to be incredibly callous. I've seen other stuff in the media about other vulnerable people getting badly treated in hospital, the mentally ill & the elderly particularly.

My husbands had cancer & the staff were lovely..very kind, so it's not on all wards.

I have to say, my experience was so bad that going into hospital is probably my biggest fear.

Hopefully more nice staff will be recruited custard creams, & you'll be able to shun the evil-bitch nurses & create proper hospitals where people are nice to patients because they're vulnerable, scared & ill! Rather than bullying them because of it.
Old 11th December 2010, 18:01

Wow, just wow :/ after reading all 15pages, I think I'm going off to Pluto. This planets way too cold and heartless. Adios!
Old 13th December 2010, 17:01

Mood
Cold

Mother just told me that I'm a hateful evil person that no one wants in the house lol

Honestly thought I was making some real progress over the last few months but looks like I'm just pissing in the wind. Sometimes you've got to think what's the ****ing point
Old 19th December 2010, 05:58
Banned at own request

Mood
Doh

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Cats
I was on a placement that fell apart last year - they didn't say this directly to me, but they wrote a report about me stating that I was 'disinterested' and 'huffy' - and that really hurt. I was struggling to do some tasks and struggling to face the fact I wasn't coping, but they completely misinterpreted it, or I gave off weird signals, whichever!

It's horrible to know that you're thought of badly by others and really difficult to move forward after hearing such a hurtful statement - silence or awkwardness can often be misinterpreted and it sounds like this happened with you. It can be minimised by telling yourself that they really didn't know you, or make the effort to get to know you, but theres always the worry that it'll happen again in a different setting and that wherever you go, these interpretations will follow you.
And what was especially hurtful was that I thought I was doing well and that I was liked and valued. I hope he drowns in jam.
Old 19th December 2010, 19:27

Quote:
I've had some awful things said to me by hospital staff. One male nurse would have been better suited as a prison warder, he was a totally arrogant and condescending cunt.
This was in 2003-4, if it had happened today I would be making a complaint.
Old 19th December 2010, 19:46

Mood
Dreaming

A thick useless c***. It's ok though because later he said he loved me.

God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.»
Old 19th December 2010, 19:52

Mood
Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moab
A thick useless c***. It's ok though because later he said he loved me.
It's not ok in the slightest.
My dad called me a **** a lot of times, he called my mum 'useless' and a **** a lot also.
Old 20th December 2010, 09:00

it was a doctor.

'you seem pretty vacant'. Thanks doc.
Old 20th December 2010, 17:12

I once had my dream job repairing computers, from the day and hour I entered I got bullied, eventually I told the boss to stick it, Went in to get my last weeks pay and P45, he asked me had I found another job, I said no not yet, he said "Why don't you try Asda, I'm sure you'd get a job stacking shelves, something that doesn't require to much brain power" I just went red, I was so shocked at what he said I couldn't think of anything to come back with, but just thinking about that now 5 years later still angers me. I've not had much luck in the employment department, I've come to the conclusion that the vast majority of people in life are wankers.
Old 20th December 2010, 19:58

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocasta
I suppose what I'm trying to say is that if the comments have no grounds then let them wash over you and be grateful that you know what kind of person you are dealing with. If they do have a point then maybe you could turn them into something constructive and at least you know what areas of your life/personality you need to work on.
This is my approach, well the one I try to have towards things that people might say about me. Most of the time people who say this sort of stuff are full of shit anyway or there are other underlying factors to their behaviour at the time, but if they do have a fair point I will take note and try to do something about it.
Old 20th December 2010, 19:59

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocasta
I suppose what I'm trying to say is that if the comments have no grounds then let them wash over you and be grateful that you know what kind of person you are dealing with. If they do have a point then maybe you could turn them into something constructive and at least you know what areas of your life/personality you need to work on.
I think that's a very positive way of dealing with things. This is my approach, well the one I try to have towards things that people might say about me. Most of the time people who say this sort of stuff are full of shit anyway or there are other underlying factors to their behaviour at the time, but if they do have a fair point I will take note and try to do something about it.

Actually thinking about it I like feedback, maybe 'like' is the wrong word but I do appreciate it as at least it gives you something to work with and a chance to make corrections. It's not very helpful when someone just criticises you but seems to have no justifcation or worse won't openly admit to it. How can you improve or change when you don't know there is anything wrong? I think it takes a brave person to tell someone about their negatives in a constructive manner.
Old 20th December 2010, 20:35

Mood
Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawty
It's not ok in the slightest.
My dad called me a **** a lot of times, he called my mum 'useless' and a **** a lot also.
You misunderstood me. I was being sarcastic. Of course it's not ok And I would also clarify it was not my father, it was my partner who said no one could possibly love me the way he did. If that was love, I hope never to be loved again. He tried several times to make me think I was a raving nutter, sorry, no, "psycho raving lunatic" was the correct phrase also whore, slut, slag, thick bitch, unsanitary, filthy and because I flew off the handle with these words then I got the psycho raving lunatic remark. He was the problem and tried to make me responsible. I wasn't. I left him. Now he is crying and all alone and full of self pity and victimising himself. I am alone, but no longer crying.

"You said you didn't want to see me get hurt,
so does that mean you closed your eyes when I cried?"
Old 20th December 2010, 20:45

My sister has said to me a few times that she will cut my wrists for me because i'm not worth living!
Old 20th December 2010, 21:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomin
Wth, thats really horrible and not true x
Awww thankypu for saying that you don't even know me, but what you said has made me smile so much...thank you
Old 20th December 2010, 21:46

"You like D&D, Audrey Hepburn, Fangoria, Harry Houdini and croquet!
You can't swim, you can't dance and you don't know karate!
Face it, you're never gonna make it!"
Old 20th December 2010, 22:38

Mood
Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moab
You misunderstood me. I was being sarcastic. Of course it's not ok it was my partner who said no one could possibly love me the way he did. If that was love, I hope never to be loved again. He tried several times to make me think I was a raving nutter, sorry, no, "psycho raving lunatic" was the correct phrase also whore, slut, slag, thick bitch, unsanitary, filthy and because I flew off the handle with these words then I got the psycho raving lunatic remark. He was the problem and tried to make me responsible. I wasn't. I left him. Now he is crying and all alone and full of self pity and victimising himself. I am alone, but no longer crying.
I didn't realise. Sorry.

Quote:
"You said you didn't want to see me get hurt,
so does that mean you closed your eyes when I cried?"
Old 20th December 2010, 23:11

the worse things for me depend on context. i've had obviously abusive nasty things said to/about me, but some of the things that stick in mind most are things that a person didnt necessarily mean in a hurtful way, but nevertheless managed to reveal their real perception of me (obviously a perception i found hurtful).
Old 20th December 2010, 23:33

Mood
Mellow

About the third question a telephone interviewer asked me was, "have you got a mental condition?"

This cocky twerp had basically twigged that I was very shy but I have no idea why he said that. It did make me angry and I tried to cut the interview short by calling him arrogant and unprofessional. However, being a self-obsessed prat, he insisted on continuing and then - yes, wait for it - started giving me advice on improving my confidence, suggesting that I take up karate, find some motivational audiobooks and get out more.

Can you believe it? After mocking me (which he had done) and insulting me (by being so direct about the mental condition thing when he barely knew me at all), he thought that he could deign to lift this sorry loser from his sty with advice.

The sad thing, from my perspective, is that, by the end, I was back to my passive self, accepting what he was saying and being polite. I guess he was trying to be helpful - in his narcissistic kind of away.

The funny thing is, he was right. I have SA - so I do have a mental condition, so to speak. SO maybe, I shouldn't have been angry. Maybe, it's nothing to be angry about. Maybe, I should've been more realistic and not even applied to that particular job, seeing as it did require the applicant to be confident.

In the end, such comments and worse ones, like outright insults, should be disarmed of their power. It's when we can calmly and logically hit back is when we are strongest.
Old 21st December 2010, 16:15

Mood
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzz
I flipped, I don't get along with him anyway. I have no respect for him, I know I sound like a horrible person by saying that, but this sort of thing is a regular occurrence in my house.
You don't sound horrible, sounds like you have good reason not to respect him if that's the norm in your house. On the plus side - he'll always be older and more wrinkly then you
Old 21st December 2010, 16:36

Mood
Musical

Well been told that i was ugly and needs to be put down... this was when i was about 17 and that comment affected me for many years esp when i was 21 and wanted to die, it still does affect me every now about my looks esp when i'm out with other blokes that well i say are handsome compared to me my self esteem sinks alot as i don't get alook in.. i try to shrug it off and think what i have which helps...

Been called gay a few times as with the way i dress also people notice you haven't got a girlfriend which i haven't had for well lets not go there so i must be gay tis just annoying really... also speak up i can't hear you thats when i go quiet....
Old 21st December 2010, 17:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomin
NP, you seem lovely from just seeing you around the forum I know people argue, but that comment is awful to me n' you didn't deserve that
Love the Christmas bunny btw
Thank you Moomin you've made me smile! I try to ignore what my sister says to me, but sometimes her words hit home hard!

Awww and thank you for liking my pic, i wanted to have a pic of my bunnies, but they wouldn't keep the hats on so i found that pic lol
Closed Thread