SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 18th August 2011, 00:26

Mood
Mellow

Default Re: Angry.

lol, aye listen to Mr BFG! Remember this?

Old 23rd August 2011, 19:51
Banned at own request

Mood
Doh

I suffer terribly with anger- often I let things build up and up and they will needle me slightly for ages, then it will just explode in a big ball of rage when I can't take it any more.

I often get angry after the event as well, especially when someone criticises me. I'll be all 'yeah well, I suppose you're right' at the time, and then spend the rest of the day thinking 'no, actually, you're not right' and come up with what I should've said at the time.
Old 24th August 2011, 11:53

Mood
Alienated

Hi Katie,
My dad was very angry & used to break things. He never struck us either but me & my sister have lots of memories of him loosing his rag & smashing things up. It's not a stable way to be brought up. He was full of pent up rage from his own crappy upbringing I expect & without any skills to cope. I have been like this with my children when they've been relentless, I'm normally pretty patient & loving, but unfortunately I get horrendous pmt...& didn't make the connection between me losing my temper & my hormones for quite a while. Now I do it's easier for me to manage & I'll try to spend more time by myself when I'm not feeling so good. Do you think your anger could be linked to your hormones?

I do think saying sorry is important, no one expects you to be a perfect mum...but if you've broken something of your daughters in a rage, explaining it to her & saying sorry will help stop resentment between you.

I don't think asking for help will reflect badly on you...you want to be a good mum & you are, it sounds like you put a lot of pressure on yourself...which we all do sometimes xxx
Old 28th August 2011, 17:33

I'm a social worker who works with children. I'd just like to add that social services aren't all about removing kids and have a legal obligation to support parents care for their children. Contacting your local social services department maybe a better way of getting support for yourself and your children than, for instance, the NHS.
Hope things pick up for you soon!
Old 28th August 2011, 17:52
Banned (at own request)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there
I'm a social worker who works with children. I'd just like to add that social services aren't all about removing kids!
Well that's pretty obvious; the number of dead children might be a pointer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there
and have a legal obligation to support parents care for their children. Contacting your local social services department maybe a better way of getting support for yourself and your children than, for instance, the NHS.Hope things pick up for you soon!
Up to you Katie, but I have worked alongside these people and as a support worker for women who have been abused. Some (few) are lovely, some are plainly ignorant/vindictive. And social workers in other areas - not children - have told me that they wouldn't touch that field with a bargepole.

Sorry but it makes me so angry as to what injustices have been invoked on people so I am biased Katie but I feel strongly about it.
Closed Thread