SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 11th July 2020, 23:28

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

At odds with everything.
Old 12th July 2020, 11:44

Feeling massive nostalgia for the 90s. I mean, sure, I'd miss the internet (it was 40p a minute to go online in 1999 if you had the internet at home, my flatmate ran up a huge bill we all had to pay), but you can't beat that affordable housing. I don't feel 'at home' in 2020 at all.
Old 12th July 2020, 14:49

Mood
Cynical

^ What is your neighbour bullying you about Kooky? (What is it with people being awful neighbours.)
Old 12th July 2020, 16:10

^^^^^^^ Hang in there Spud, Festivus is only 5 months away
Old 12th July 2020, 17:12

Mood
Alienated

Kinda shit

Bit weird, sort of wrote the year off, not that my year would have been much different without a pandemic.

Haven't really done anything remotely social since February, feel a bit ..**** it. I just spend my free time in bed watching things on youtube, been forced to take some time off work because I've still got last years to get through. The whole thing just seems a bit pointless, I don't even like my job one bit but at least I'm doing..something
Old 13th July 2020, 17:30

Better than over the last few days, thankfully.

to anyone who wants from me.

I got a good night's sleep last night and it makes such a difference. It is really frustrating that as soon as I knuckle down and get on with doing the work to get better, I don't sleep well at all. That makes it so much harder to find the motivation to do all the things I don't really want to to.
Old 14th July 2020, 23:00

I was ready to quit my job today. Not that today was even a tough day but I don't feel like I can handle the pressure. I'm just not any good at what I'm supposed to be doing. I just wanted to hand in my notice and walk away, but even just doing that is a major anxiety challenge for me.
Just being so isolated at home is making me a bit crazy.
I emailed a therapist this evening. I hope she gets back to me as I really need to talk to someone about my problems. Someone professional. It's a desperate attempt to sort my head out. I don't think I'm going to do anything dangerous but I'm just feeling like I'm going to explode.
Old 15th July 2020, 19:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raks1981
Have you spoken to your Manager about it?
In what way are you not good at what you're suppose to be doing?
Thanks. I don't know. I've tried. I'm feeling a bit less crap about it today though.
Old 15th July 2020, 22:19

Mood
Alienated

Miserable after a dog walk

Someones 2 year old dog had to be put down due to seizures and things, I'd only seen said dog twice but he was very friendly

Theres another dog on his last legs, he got that dog when we got our last dog so he must be pushing 13-14 now, its pretty sad to see him struggling to move, inside you can tell his still a bouncy puppy but physically, hes knackered, owner thinks its probably any day now.

Oh and someones wife has died out of the blue yesterday.

Mostly I don't get involved but everyone round here is a bit nosey and tells everyone everything they know whether they care or not!

Like chuff me, I've got 4 days off work and I was actually..vaguely feeling OK for once. I came back from that walk more bloody depressed than I have been in a while! Alas maybe I do have a heart
Old 15th July 2020, 23:26

Mood
Alienated

^ Toxic, I guess the positive is that you felt bad for those people, If that makes any sense! I hope you enjoy your 4 days off work though.

Over the last few weeks, I’ve been venturing into coffee shops, supermarkets, and just generally walking around town. I’m very worried with how I feel very similarly to how I did pre-therapy. This is concerning - I don’t want to be like how I use to.

Waiting outside shops before I get the courage to go in, indecisive with what I want to buy, not being able to stirng a sentence together with shop staff, and accidentally saying very weird things. Also, thinking the worst whenever I see a group of youths, and generally getting very anxious around people. These are the things I felt before therapy. I guess the positive is that I still am capable of going shopping, and that I recognise these feelings, and also I know I can overcome it. This is still rather unwelcome though, there are more important things I want to be working on, rather than just the basics yet again.

I’m also really fed up with just feeling like I don’t fit in with any aspect of society. I thought I would have overcome this by now.
Old 16th July 2020, 17:30

Mood
Bored

Amazing.

I just got asked for ID buying beer in the supermarket.

I'm 40.

Old 16th July 2020, 18:17

^ I'm 35 and I got ID'd too the other day. I've decided to take it as a compliment nowadays

I feel completely run down at the moment, like I can't even think straight, and staying out of bed for more than a few hours at a time is a struggle. I'm hoping it's just my general slobby lifestyle and nothing too much to worry about, haven't got any Covid symptoms at least.
Old 16th July 2020, 18:36

^^Wow! You've beaten me! I last got ID'd at 38. Now I'm starting to look a bit matronly. I don't think it's going to happen again.
Old 16th July 2020, 19:01

Mood
Bored

I think it’s because I’ve still got spotty teenage skin, but I’m also now getting a few wrinkles, seemlessly transitioning from spotty teenager to wrinkly old bag
Old 16th July 2020, 21:06
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Really rather sad.
My bf's sister and her husband were expecting their first baby but unfortunately, at her 6 month scan the baby had no heartbeat
It's so sad because they had been through so much just to get pregnant and now all the hope and optimism and excitement is gone.
Life can be very cruel sometimes.
Old 16th July 2020, 23:03

Mood
Cynical

^ Oh that's so sad
Old 16th July 2020, 23:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirgirl
^^Wow! You've beaten me! I last got ID'd at 38. Now I'm starting to look a bit matronly. I think I have the beginnings of jowls (shudder). I don't think it's going to happen again.
My gf is 46 and got IDed just the other day...
Old 17th July 2020, 11:05

Mood
Alienated

I've always been told I had baby skin but I haven't been ID'd since I was about 24

I think the stress of life and my now thinning top which I developed at 32-33 has taken its toll. Maybe I'd get ID'd if I shaved again but thats far too much effort, I'm wearing the homeless scruffy vibe, not like I need to look good for anyone
Old 17th July 2020, 16:49

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Willow
Really rather sad.
My bf's sister and her husband were expecting their first baby but unfortunately, at her 6 month scan the baby had no heartbeat
It's so sad because they had been through so much just to get pregnant and now all the hope and optimism and excitement is gone.
Life can be very cruel sometimes.
That's so sad, losing a baby is devastating
Old 19th July 2020, 18:12

Old 19th July 2020, 19:12

Mood
Bored

I feel like one of those cartoon characters that is just constantly followed round by a dark rain cloud even when it's lovely and sunny for everyone else. I know that into everyones life a little rain must fall but it just feels like it's constantly pissing down in mine.

I think I'm pretty much at the end of the road with my job so the options are either look for a new job or set up on my own. Almost everyone who I've ever spoken to who has become self-employed/freelance says it's the scariest but also best decision that they've ever made. I spoke to my mum earlier about this and she is always the merchant of doom, making out that other people may be able to do this, but because I am such a failure in life I will just end up on a park bench if I go down that route. I had eight years when I was at uni of her saying "ooooh, you'll not get your degree you won't" and I had an ex-boyfriend (once upon a time, back in the mists of time) who used to say things like, "I don't know why you're applying for that job, you'll just cry when you get rejected" (incidentally, I did get offered the job), it just feels like I'm expected to fail at everything because obviously I'm such a loser.

My life is just empty with nothing in it, I just constantly feel like an ever hopeful labrador hoping that I might be lucky and get some scraps off the table of life but I'm not that lucky and that never happens. I'm just so jealous of other people just gliding effortlessly through life.
Old 19th July 2020, 21:05

Mood
Dreaming

A bit pants really, thats a bit of an understatement but i can't be fussed elaborating. I know this feeling will pass but its difficult sitting with it in the meantime and distracting myself isnt working.
Old 19th July 2020, 21:49

Pretty good today. It's probably fleeting but I'll take it.
Saw my parents for the first time in many months today, had a nice walk in the sunshine, and had a great video call with my sister and little nephew - who takes great amusement in blowing raspberries at everyone (slightly encouraged by his naughty mum) which was hilarious.
Now I just have to avoid falling into the usual feeling like utter crap on a stick in the morning when I go back to work...
Old 20th July 2020, 22:04

Mood
Alienated

Naff

Work related stress causes me to be a dick outside of work too.

It's only sodding Monday
Old 25th July 2020, 18:08

^ Sorry to hear that Skittles, just keep posting.

I've been up and down like a yo-yo for the last week. Trying to get back to working on my MH has really depressed my mood and the council just started doing stuff outside so I then had to make phone calls and you can't speak to the person directly but only through someone else.

Thankfully it all turned out well in the end but I do feel it was a bad idea to relax so much over the last few months.
Old 25th July 2020, 19:01

I don't know from one minute to the next, I think I'm okish but then I feel terrible and just want to curl into a ball and cry (and do sometimes). Hmm. I mean anxiety is off the scale but that's the norm for me for decades so that's not it. Too many thoughts, not enough sleep is probably it.

So in summary we can conclude I'm an emotional wreck but kinda think I'm ok at the same time, this can't be good. F*** it, I'm alrightish as I post this, can't do better than be ok in the moment can we

all around to everyone who needs or wants one, keep on keeping on whatever it is this too shall pass .
Old 25th July 2020, 19:09

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlinterrupted
I don't know from one minute to the next, I think I'm okish but then I feel terrible and just want to curl into a ball and cry (and do sometimes)
I'm exactly the same at the moment and have no idea why.
I've missed you in chat
Old 25th July 2020, 19:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalea
I'm exactly the same at the moment and have no idea why.
I've missed you in chat
Aww no sucks doesn't it? I've never really been a mood-swing type of person (unless you count the occasional irrational 30minute rage burst fuelled by hormones ) so it's something I'm not used to dealing with even with such a high level of mentalness for so long. Can't say I'm a fan, it really makes me feel....unsafe maybe? As though I no longer know the parameters I'm working with, triggers don't make sense (half the time can't even see there is one) and even when I think I'm feeling okish even just for a little while, I don't trust it. Overthinking has become a lifestyle choice apparently when I thought I'd got a handle on that and at least managed to compartmentalize it very strictly eons ago. Maybe it's come back around again like other stuff from the 90s I think if my brain tries to whir much faster in many more directions at once it'll throw out the mental trip switch again, which didn't end that well the last 3 times. I really wish I could just get a stepladder on the landing and hit a reset on my brain the way I do for the actual fusebox.

Aww thank you that's very kind of you to say, I haven't been fit for human consumption for a while and that does tend to be my default- withdrawal into myself. I hope you've been managing ok, sorry you've had to be feeling all over the place too, although it's not surprising with current circumstances and at least a good cry is a healthy stress relief One of the last things a certain person said to me was that I should try and go easier on myself, and that it's ok to not be ok- good advice which #1 is true and #2 helps me to remember, so maybe hang onto that thought too
Old 26th July 2020, 17:02

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
I really wish I could just get a stepladder on the landing and hit a reset on my brain the way I do for the actual fusebox.
Definitely, would be very useful.

Quote:
Aww thank you that's very kind of you to say, I haven't been fit for human consumption for a while and that does tend to be my default- withdrawal into myself.
I want to talk to you not eat you
Old 26th July 2020, 21:38

Sad that I can't visit my sister in Spain any more. I was due to go this coming Saturday. At least I got almost all my money back. But I miss my little nephew! He's growing up quickly without me...
I should book another holiday somewhere but just don't really feel like being anywhere alone.
I do everything alone. It's utterly pointless. I don't want to exist in this solitary confinement.