SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 15th March 2007, 00:08

Question interview question: what is your biggest achievement so far?

i posted a same thread in another sa forum, but i do need and appreciate opinions and help from ppl here, as these 2 forums are my favorite and only forums i visit everyday.

sorry for ppl if you also visit these 2 forums as me...

-----------------------------------------------------------

i just came back from a job interview, and i think i failed!

i couldnt answer these questions:

1. what is your biggest achievement so far?

2. what is the biggest problem you ever overcomed?

3. give me an example you ever changed ppl's mind.

if he asked me:

what is your biggest failur so far?

what is the biggest problem you ever got beaton and fallen?

give me an example you ever disgusted ppls mind,

i am sure i would give him tons of answers and examples.

can anyone help pls? what should i answer when i dont have any fact to say?

thank you very much!!!

ps

the interviewer said "you look like very nervous and we are not mean ppl or anything"

yeah, your judgement is 100% correct, i am miss nervous, and if the job requires no nervous, why cant you tell me in advance so i wont waste your valuable time in the first place?

:'((((((((((((((((

but anyways, at least i know what i sould work on now so i could do better next time. fair enough!
Old 15th March 2007, 09:40

Default Re: interview question: what is your biggest achievement so far?

pls give me some advice, thanks!
Old 15th March 2007, 10:01

Hi Kimzee,

The job, obviously depending what it is, will probably require you to be no more or less nervous than you'd expect. Interviews are always harrowing. So don't worry about that putting you off the job itself (or others like it).

The thing with the questions you've listed is that they are all standard interview questions that you will get most anywhere. It's a very long time since I attended an interview so I can't remember what I will have said. If you Google something like standard interview questions you will probably find examples about of how to answer the questions and others like them.

I've no experiance of recruitment, others here might do. But I would imagine its no so much what you say, but your reason. Not every one conquered Everest at 10, but we've all achieved something even if it would appear insignificant to others. So I think it's probably about focus with the answers you find. Try and find something that doesn't make your SA obvious but that you can justify in a manner that proves you could overcome hurdles you might find in your future place of work.

Most of all make sure you have answers to questions like these before your next interview, no matter how bad they seem, otherwise it just looks like you've not bothered to prepare. Harsh but true.

Sorry I can't be of help really, like I say I can't think of what I'd put right now and I'd be right into Google, I'm a long time out the job hunt game, and I'm not at all familiar with recruitment.
Old 15th March 2007, 11:00

What awful questions! I certainly wouldn't be able to answer them at an interview if I hadn't thought about them in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzie
1. what is your biggest achievement so far?

2. what is the biggest problem you ever overcomed?

3. give me an example you ever changed ppl's mind.
I can't answer for you; I can only offer my answers. You have to find your own answers.

1. Learning to swim. I knew what to do but didn't believe I could ever stay afloat. Somehow I overcame the fear eventually.
2. Same as 1?
3. I can't think of anything, not because I think I never did it, but just because I don't think I've needed to change anyone's mind over something important enough to remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzie
the interviewer said "you look like very nervous and we are not mean ppl or anything"
I think you need to reply to this too. Say something like, "No, it's not your fault. I tend to get nervous at interviews. I'm not like this normally."
Old 16th March 2007, 00:28

Yes, very difficult questions to have to answer on the spot. I'd just add that you will find books on interview technique in your local library, and these should also have some example answers to these questions. G' luck on your next interview (if you don't land this one)
Old 16th March 2007, 09:58

my thanks to kaz, Chach and trough!

thank you for your advice and example, those gave me some ideas for coming up my own answers. i do need advice from sa fellows like you guys! thanks a lot! : )

this interview is in 2 hrs short notice, i didnt have time to well prepare it. and i just started job searching the day before that interview.

i will read interview books definitly, my job agent also sent me some interview word files to me, very helpful.

i will post my answers if i ever come up with some after i read books and articles. : P