SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 21st January 2010, 14:59
Banned

Default Re: There are so many intelligent and witty people here who have so much to say....

Thanks for the replies and any nice comments, people.

I think the long term depression and extreme low self esteem has just sapped the life out of me tbh and screwed up my concentration and attention span no end. I definetly feel like I'm dumbing down as I get older too due to my brain not being able to cope with anything that remotley involves a bit of stress. Which is almost everything now a days. :rolleyes:

I should reply to everyone on here but I'd be here all bloody day.

I mentioned the council estate thing because it seems that a lot of people here are uni types so I would feel inferior in there company and looked down upon.

Its not just that though. I have very deep problems which makes me feel like I'm at the bottom of the barrel and looked down upon everywhere.

I've only told a couple of people here the extenct of my periods of isolation and I think that some of you would be shocked if you found out how bad I've been.

Anyway, yes Mamba, I do have one interest that I could talk about for ages but even normal people who share this interest have trouble finding anyone to talk about it with in the real world.
Old 21st January 2010, 15:01
Banned

Default Re: There are so many intelligent and witty people here who have so much to say....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic

What's the difference between the two?
Dunno, too thick and stupid to tell you.
Old 21st January 2010, 15:07
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_mamba
That's what I don't understand though - what has living on a council estate got to do with intelligence? Nothing.

If you want to deviate from a typical council estate resident, the only person stopping you is yourself.
I'm not intelligent enough to get out though.
Old 21st January 2010, 20:42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic
Where 90% of the inhabitants are either inbred or gangsters - in many cases both.

Aye, it is cruel on the child that mummy only gave birth so that she could get extra benifits.

You and me both.

In that case neither am I - or more likely I'm just not well enough to get out of it and perhaps you aren't either? Prolonged periods of isolation, pariahship, anxiety and depression are so soul destroying that it can drain one's energy. So ironic eh, once the bullies have left my life, I spend the rest of my days being bullied by my own mind.
A lot of people said I'd never amount to jack shit and once you start believing them, that's when you are in trouble.

I hate to say it but I can't help believe that they were right about me.

I sort of feel like I've lost belief in free will and that I was just born to be like this.

Someone said to me once that I was just "one of those ****ed up people who was destined to be a failure and joke" and it hit so hard it caused me to change and wnant to prove them wrong.

But I could'nt keep it up because it was such hard work and I realised that I needed to get a lot harder and tougher, and that I had a massive struggle ahead of me, a life time war with other people and myself.

In the end I had breakdown from which I've never recovered, and had to isolate myself to the extreme.

So, here I am now.
Old 21st January 2010, 21:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustration!
A lot of people said I'd never amount to jack shit and once you start believing them, that's when you are in trouble.

Arnt those statements a bit contradictory?
Old 21st January 2010, 21:11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Yama
Arnt those statements a bit contradictory?
Old 21st January 2010, 21:20

Quote:
Well you seem to be aware believing what others tell you will take you in a negative direction. Despite the truth of who you actually are or your potential.

Quote:
hate to say it but I can't help believe that they were right about me.
If they were infact right then the first statement you made has no relevance. About believing others negative comments can have an impact on you.

I think you just have doubts about which view to take. Which can be natural, but im not sure you can have both at the same time. Either they were right and believing them made no difference, or they were wrong and believing them did make a difference.

Just my view, don't take it too seriously
Old 21st January 2010, 21:32

Mood
Bashful

Quote:

I sort of feel like I've lost belief in free will and that I was just born to be like this.

Someone said to me once that I was just "one of those ****ed up people who was destined to be a failure and joke" and it hit so hard it caused me to change and wnant to prove them wrong.

But I could'nt keep it up because it was such hard work and I realised that I needed to get a lot harder and tougher, and that I had a massive struggle ahead of me, a life time war with other people and myself.

In the end I had breakdown from which I've never recovered, and had to isolate myself to the extreme.

So, here I am now.
Dont sit there and mope in your self pity! otherwise the people who said you would amount to jack shit have won Have you ever consider the fact that they might be feel threatened by your ability to do things that they cant? So the only way they can stop you,is to destroy your self confidence............

The person who said "one of those ****ed up people who was destined to be a failure and joke", is a complete joke themselves! They knew that saying that to would mess with your head, for that, they should be strung up.

You are not a joke and you're not a failure,you're a man who has had a lot of shit thrown in his general direction and has tried to pick himself back up numerous times, only to be knocked down again. You're only human, and can only take so much
Old 21st January 2010, 21:41
Banned

Quote:
Well you seem to be aware believing what others tell you will take you in a negative direction. Despite the truth of who you actually are or your potential.

If they were infact right then the first statement you made has no relevance. About believing others negative comments can have an impact on you.

I think you just have doubts about which view to take. Which can be natural, but im not sure you can have both at the same time. Either they were right and believing them made no difference, or they were wrong and beliving them did make a difference.

Just my view, don't take it too seriously
I get what you are saying but it took me about 10 minutes to figure it out.
Old 21st January 2010, 21:42

Quote:
I get what you are saying but it took me about 10 minutes to figure it out.
Lol, its not really very useful information anyway compared to what Pixiewoo said.

Goodluck anyway, don't let idiots get you down.
Old 21st January 2010, 21:48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewoo
Have you ever considered the fact that they might be feel threatened by your ability to do things that they cant? So the only way they can stop you,is to destroy your self confidence............
Nope, no way.

There was no need for them to feel threatened by me.

They helped destroy my self esteem just for there own pleasure and fun, tbh.
Old 21st January 2010, 21:51
Banned

Quote:
Lol, its not really very useful information anyway compared to what Pixiewoo said.

Goodluck anyway, don't let idiots get you down.
They've kept me down for a long time but I'm not out yet.
Old 21st January 2010, 22:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewoo
Dont sit there and mope in your self pity! otherwise the people who said you would amount to jack shit have won Have you ever consider the fact that they might be feel threatened by your ability to do things that they cant? So the only way they can stop you,is to destroy your self confidence............

The person who said "one of those ****ed up people who was destined to be a failure and joke", is a complete joke themselves! They knew that saying that to would mess with your head, for that, they should be strung up.

You are not a joke and you're not a failure,you're a man who has had a lot of shit thrown in his general direction and has tried to pick himself back up numerous times, only to be knocked down again. You're only human, and can only take so much
Thankyou!! 100% spot on!

Quote:
There was no need for them to feel threatened by me.
Do you really believe that? Honestly? I think you're being overly harsh on yourself.

You come across as smart.

As pixiewoo said someone with the sort of mentality that likes to put people down in such a vicious manner is not a nice person. END OF STORY. Their opinions are not to be held highly.

I've been told by someone that I'll never amount to anything too. But why should I listen to someone filled with so much uneccessary and misguided hatred?

Quote:
Anyway, yes Mamba, I do have one interest that I could talk about for ages but even normal people who share this interest have trouble finding anyone to talk about it with in the real world.
Try an online community for whatever it is you're interested in, then meet them in real life. I've done it. It works esp for the more esoteric hobbies. Plus it's good practice for meeting new people.
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:00

Mood
Bashful

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_mamba
Thankyou!! 100% spot on!

Do you really believe that? Honestly? I think you're being overly harsh on yourself.

You come across as smart.

As pixiewoo said someone with the sort of mentality that likes to put people down in such a vicious manner is not a nice person. END OF STORY. Their opinions are not to be held highly.

I've been told by someone that I'll never amount to anything too. But why should I listen to someone filled with so much uneccessary and misguided hatred?

Try an online community for whatever it is you're interested in, then meet them in real life. I've done it. It works esp for the more esoteric hobbies. Plus it's good practice for meeting new people.
Thank you
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:34

Mood
Thinking

Not everyone here is intelligent, some of us are stupid enough to mis-read citalopram as cleopatra
Old 27th January 2010, 12:36

Mood
Melancholy

frustration, i hav not read the entire thread, but i remember talking to u about a number of things and honestly u came across fine and had made a lot of sense! i kno tho once we get it in our heads we are not good enough its hard to get rid off even if were told things to the contrary
Old 27th January 2010, 12:56

Mood
Blah

Quote:
online and can talk so much about so many things.

You would be fine if you could speak like this in real life would'nt you?

Some of you come across really well and if I'd read what you wrote on another forum unrelated to anxiety, I would never know that you were anxious.

Yet what do you do if you feel like you can't even come up with much to say online either?

I feel like if my nerves just disapeared and I did'nt give a damn about what anyone thought of me anymore, I'd still have trouble speaking and trying to figure something out to talk about that would keep people interested.

I remeber when I first started to get anxious around my old mates, and looking back it was'nt just anxiety, It felt like after all these years of knowing them I'd finally just ran out of things to talk about too.
I've wondered this as well, there are a lot of funny and witty people on this forum it is a real shame they have trouble getting this across in real life.

Its nice coming to this forum and realising your not alone with your problems but in a way its also made things worse for me because I have realised my problems are probably a lot worse than I previously thought when comparing myself to others on the forum. Its not going to stop me visiting though as its the once place I feel like I actually belong, even if I don't post half as much as i'd want or like to.
Closed Thread