SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 25th May 2010, 15:44

Mood
Thinking

Default Job interviews AHHH!!!

Hello, you can ignore if you want its a rant

I just had a job interview within the company i work for it was awful.

I sat in the room with a manager and when she wasn't talking there was just silence great!
Then she asked me to do a sales pitch for some make up i wasn't prepared for that.

I never know what to say i can answer the questions but have no personality.

I looked at my watch on the way out I'd only been in there 20 minutes felt like an hour.

I wish i could just chat to people and stop failing interviews and being stuck in a dead end job.
Old 25th May 2010, 19:48

Mood
Bookworm

Default Re: Job interviews AHHH!!!

I hate interviews too. I get so nervous when i'm in an interview that I tend to over talk. I've even interupted the interviewer before! Not good
Old 26th May 2010, 00:19

i'm terrible at them as well. i find alot of interviews i've been to there is too much mind games and twisted questions and i just feel weirded out by the whole experience..its also funny how the people doing the interviewing often use business speak and just seem so rigid and pathetic(in my mind) just the opposite of down-to-earth natured. it really is a game and i don't think i'm built to climb corporate ladders or to be a big part of the rat race...

all the jobs i've gone for have been from word of mouth or were low income and fairly easy to get into..
Old 26th May 2010, 00:32

Mood
Balanced

im rubbish at them n all, had a job interview recently within company which to be honest didnt go very well lol, people kept telling me before that 'youll be fine' 'youll do great' but i just froze in the meeting like everything i thought about saying beforehand i couldnt remeber..mind blank.
Closed Thread