SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 19th August 2010, 19:16

Default generalized anxiety and panic attacks

hi everyone,im new here and need to get some posts in so just thought id tell you about my day as i often feel i need to talk about it and get it out,that is the purpose of this site after all.ive hada day off work and took my mum and nan out of town as it was my mums birthday,when i woke up i actually felt alright but after about 15 mins quite strong anxiety started coming on,(like on the edge of a panic attack) i know this isnt social anxiety but it is all related with me.anyway it has been trying to get the better of me all day that panic attack feeling trying to spread over me,shaking,all loss of any mental sharpness,sweating,just a feeling of dread spreading over me and every time i had to think about something it just made it come on worse.i was struggling to drive properly,although it hasnt been really intense today i am like this on a day to day basis to some extent,it is pretty relentless and is too much to deal with really.i have been to see psychiatrists and community psychiatric nurses in the past and know ineed to go back,just to find out if it is all part of something bigger and to get some different medication,i am always reluctant to go though andhave just moved to a different town and it is really hard getting in the doctors.i have been told i have BPD (borderline personality disorder) but dont know if it was a formal diagnosis,i need to delve more into that,a lot of aspects of BPD definitely are me though.well thats some of my story and it helps just getting a bit out of whats going on in my head.see ya.
Old 20th August 2010, 14:41

Mood
Bookworm

Default Re: generalized anxiety and panic attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupertthebear
hi everyone,im new here and need to get some posts in so just thought id tell you about my day as i often feel i need to talk about it and get it out,that is the purpose of this site after all.ive hada day off work and took my mum and nan out of town as it was my mums birthday,when i woke up i actually felt alright but after about 15 mins quite strong anxiety started coming on,(like on the edge of a panic attack) i know this isnt social anxiety but it is all related with me.anyway it has been trying to get the better of me all day that panic attack feeling trying to spread over me,shaking,all loss of any mental sharpness,sweating,just a feeling of dread spreading over me and every time i had to think about something it just made it come on worse.i was struggling to drive properly,although it hasnt been really intense today i am like this on a day to day basis to some extent,it is pretty relentless and is too much to deal with really.i have been to see psychiatrists and community psychiatric nurses in the past and know ineed to go back,just to find out if it is all part of something bigger and to get some different medication,i am always reluctant to go though andhave just moved to a different town and it is really hard getting in the doctors.i have been told i have BPD (borderline personality disorder) but dont know if it was a formal diagnosis,i need to delve more into that,a lot of aspects of BPD definitely are me though.well thats some of my story and it helps just getting a bit out of whats going on in my head.see ya.
Hey

I get anxiety attacks sometimes too. Normally for me it's triggered by being in a group of people that I don't know and feel a little intimidated by. If you speak to your doctor as soon as you feel up to it, hopefully you'll be offered some help. Have you tried CBT?
Old 21st August 2010, 22:23

Wink Re: generalized anxiety and panic attacks

yeah ive tried CBT but the doctor who was doing it had to then refer me to the psychiatrist (i dont even like saying that) because she said i was at risk of self harming,(i have done it twice before).i can identify with you getting anxiety in groups of people but ive given up trying to work out when and why it happens with me,it can be anything or nothing, i can just wake up like it on a morning.i can be like introvertly anxious,very withdrawn and find it very hard to talk to people and maintain eye contact or i can be extrovertly anxious where i am absolutely manic with it doing everything 100 miles an hour but a panic attack is right under the surface,i am especially like this after work (i do removals snd it is full on hard work sometimes) if i stop working my head is bouncing off the walls and i cannot sleep for hours and i get horrible thoughts that get carried away in my head and become convinced that one day ill end up having to do my self in.this doesnt happen that often though.'manic' is a word you could use to describe me when im like this,it is like an episode.this all makes me think i could be slightly bipolar,i dunno tho,this is all stuff that im slowly on the way to finding out.
Closed Thread