SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 3rd September 2005, 15:48

Default Citalopram and memory problems

Hi folks,

I'm having some trouble with memory, both long- and short term. I also am having trouble concentrating and feel generally foggy-headed.

Can anyone tell me whether this is likely to be due to citalopram? I've also had some alcohol binges recently, so could it be a bad interaction between the two ?

I don't think i've had this before with other SSRIs, either with or without alcohol, but then maybe that's just because i can't remember :embarass:

Thanks for any info, experiences or advice

trough
Old 3rd September 2005, 16:17
Bak2Rehab

Default Re: Citalopram and memory problems

Have you found Citalopram also gives you rapid heart beat and sexual dysfunction? I dunno what dosage you are on but 40mg was pretty powerful.
Old 5th September 2005, 18:13

Mood
Tired

I'm on Escitalopram and it has done absolutely nothing except make me feel knackered and demotivated. I was already feeling pretty knackered but this stuff just makes me feel like staying in bed all day.
Old 6th September 2005, 18:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bak2Rehab
Have you found Citalopram also gives you rapid heart beat and sexual dysfunction? I dunno what dosage you are on but 40mg was pretty powerful.
I'm on 20mg/day B2R, haven't noticed those symptoms you mention.

Boc11 sorry to hear that mate. I'm just recovering from a major bout of chronic fatigue syndrome so can relate - I felt as though the citalopram made things worse to begin with, certainly as far as getting out of bed was concerned. Have you told your quack?
Old 6th September 2005, 22:27

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by trough
I'm on 20mg/day B2R, haven't noticed those symptoms you mention.

Boc11 sorry to hear that mate. I'm just recovering from a major bout of chronic fatigue syndrome so can relate - I felt as though the citalopram made things worse to begin with, certainly as far as getting out of bed was concerned. Have you told your quack?
Not yet but I will see here in a couple of weeks and mention it then.
Old 6th September 2005, 22:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bak2Rehab
I've found cipralex (escitalopram) gives me those symptoms
Old 6th September 2005, 22:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boc11
I'm on Escitalopram and it has done absolutely nothing except make me feel knackered and demotivated. I was already feeling pretty knackered but this stuff just makes me feel like staying in bed all day.
Ah so it's not just me. This stuff is absolutely knocking me out. I'm sleeping for about 11 hours per night and even then I find it hard to get up. Going back to my doc in a couple of days. I'm not carrying on taking this!!
Old 8th September 2005, 03:21

Mood
Energetic

I'm on Citalopram 60mg it has different side effects for me, sometimes i feel drowsy sometimes i feel as if i can't get asleep. It does give a sense of apathy and euphoria that i don't like. I haven't really noticed it affect my social anxiety other than the apathy part making it impossible for me to get depressed to the levels i used to. I will be asking on Tuesday for other alternatives from my Doctor though.
Closed Thread