SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 17th November 2017, 01:16

Mood
Happy

Default wistful thinking

Ever wonder if a SA is really a crutch to hide behind that in reality you might just be really boring and thatís why you have no friends.

I certainly have SA(and a host of other issues) but Iím not sure if I didnít whether my situation would be any different.

Just seems to me if that is the case whats the point in trying, perhaps one should just embrace ones mediocrity and live the life of a loner. can you teach yourself to have a personality?
Old 17th November 2017, 11:18

Default Re: wistful thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaxjo
Ever wonder if a SA is really a crutch to hide behind that in reality you might just be really boring and that’s why you have no friends.

I certainly have SA(and a host of other issues) but I’m not sure if I didn’t whether my situation would be any different.

Just seems to me if that is the case whats the point in trying, perhaps one should just embrace ones mediocrity and live the life of a loner. can you teach yourself to have a personality?
I think if you are feeling anxious socially, it is a sign of a potentially great personality that is, or feels, rejected by people for one reason or another. So if one had a less other-centric personality, one would possibly feel no anxiety in having it knocked back.

The thing about SA is it makes you feel like you have no personality,and it douses what personality you do have like water to a flame. But what are you like when you are by yourself? Do you think you could be good company, in any regard?