SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 6th September 2005, 10:49

Question Are you bitter and twisted as a 30+

One of the long-term consequences for people (mostly males) here is having lived the best years of a life without the things that normals take for granted. Having a bird or more, a place of your own to live, a job that is rewarding... and all the other larr de darr. What is the outlook for the menfolk here who are heading towards their thirties and are lacking in various departments ? Will we become bitter, twisted and resentful individuals who despise every other normal man for having lived the life that eluded the non-normal. I hope I don't become a rambling street-nutter, like the ones that stand on street corners shouting some incoherent jibberish into the air in front of them
Old 6th September 2005, 12:41

Default Re: Are you bitter and twisted as a 30+

I'm not so much bitter and twisted, I occasionally get annoyed with myself and the NHS with the misdiagnoses. It took them 10 years but I'm relieved that they did find out and that I'm not going mad. In my mid to late teens I enjoyed a full life albeit with the 'help' of alcohol. It does get to me occasionally when you see couples together who are so obviously in love et cetera and men my age pulling up in expensive german saloons. I guess I've just learned to cope with it. I'm 30 now and it's not as if I have one foot in the grave is it?
Old 6th September 2005, 12:55
The Lonely,Boney One

Wait till you get to your late 40.s then, when hope dies but your emotional and sexual desires remain the same as an 18 year old.
Old 6th September 2005, 20:55

Mood
Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely,Boney One
Wait till you get to your late 40.s then, when hope dies but your emotional and sexual desires remain the same as an 18 year old.
I wish my sexual desires were as strong as when I was 18, my sex drive is pretty low these days, always assumed that was SA related, maybe not?

I've always been SA, so I've not got any "normal" experience to compare to, I think that helps in a way. I was getting pretty twisted up about it through my mid-late 20's, but now I'm in my early 30's, things don't seem as bad.
Old 6th September 2005, 21:16

Mood
Pensive

I agree with the previous three posters.

For me apathy rules! (When i can be bothered)

Old 30th September 2005, 00:46

I think there's a serious danger of me becoming bitter and twisted, and I seriously hope that it doesn't happen. Maybe it's happening already. I'm trying very hard not to be sarcastic about the treatment (or lack thereof) that I have received from the NHS. You want treatment for social anxiety - but social anxiety makes it very difficult to ask. So it's a catch-22. And it's very difficult to ask for treatment for other stuff too, such as substance problems, or funny lumps. You've also got no-one egging you on to see the doctor, because you've got no friends who care that much about you. I'm sure the life expectancy of a social anxiety sufferer is significantly shorter than that of a normal person, for that reason.
Old 3rd October 2005, 11:53

Is it only 30+ men who are likelier to be "bitter and twisted" more than women?
Old 3rd October 2005, 16:23

Mood
Pensive

I wouldn't say men over 30 are any more bitter than men under 30. It***8217;s natural to feel bitter to some degree when problems you have mean you miss out on things.
Old 4th October 2005, 01:01

As i get older and i see the odd dad with his kids and his other half etc walking down the street i get very sad as that time for me is getting ever more unlikely but if that is destiny i guess that is my lot.I just suppose that in life you can't always have it your way
Closed Thread