SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 3rd April 2018, 01:44
Banned at own request

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Rebka, its pretty obvious to me you are very well liked around these parts at the very least and I doubt sauk is exclusive in that way of thinking. Chin up, it may never happen, worse things happen at sea and something to do with monkeys, or was it birds, or worms, no it wasnt the worms, definitely not the worms. Go with the chin thing.

How am I feeling, I am feeling really bloody rather flippin damn slighly uncomfortable. My ankles look like socks full of the larger of the two format jars of marmite and my feet look like a bad photoshop mosaic of an entire basketball teams feet, both feet on each of my feet. Normal colour so far but this doesnt look good for my swansong at the royal ballet on thursday afternoon 4pm - 5:30pm (no intermission). It doesnt look good at all.
Old 3rd April 2018, 08:41

Going back to work after playing Minecraft for 2 days is hard. I want to go back to my room. The outside world is bright and cold.
Old 3rd April 2018, 08:52

^ and full of weird angles, probably. And curves!
Old 3rd April 2018, 09:13
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Meh. Have my 1st JSA interview today.

Can't wait to get my ESA MR in, shame the advocate is so busy and I've had to wait weeks to get a full appointment with him. Seeing him tomorrow so at least the ball is rolling a bit. Spent much of yesterday evening trawling through legal information and advice regarding the appeal system. I feel sorry for really vulnerable people who aren't able to deal with the sheer complexity of the system. Without help they don't have a hope in hell
Old 3rd April 2018, 10:41
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Hmm I just picked up an emailed copy of the draft letter of complaint regarding my DWP assessment. It's written by the manager of MIND. Wow is all I can say. Might not help me/my appeal but hopefully it might give the Guildford assessment centre a kick up the backside when dealing with ppl that have mental health problems.
Old 3rd April 2018, 11:11

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I***8217;m sorry you are feeling this way Rebka. I think making a connection with someone is difficult at times. And even when you make a connection with someone, it can still be a challenge to maintain that connection. I also think when someone doesn***8217;t get who we are as a person, they don***8217;t always know how to resolve that loss of connection. But you are your own person and I***8217;m sure there are many people out there, myself included, who appreciate you for being you.

This is one of my favourte stories:

The Eagle who thought he was a Chicken

There once was a chicken farmer who found an eagle***8217;s egg. It was beautiful large egg.

He put it in the nest of his hen along with the other chicken eggs.

That night the mother hen sat on the all the eggs, including the eagle egg and in due course an eaglet hatched along with a brood of chicks.

When the baby eagle opened his eyes for the first time it first saw the mother hen, thus identifying it the hen as his mother.

The young eagle grew up with all the other chickens.

Whatever the chickens did, the eagle also did.

He learned to cluck, cackle, scratch in the dirt for grits and worms.

The young eagle thought he was a chicken.

Since the chickens could only fly for a short distance, the eagle also learned to fly just over a short distance. He thought that was what he was supposed to do. So that was all that he thought he could do. And that was all he was able to do.

All his life he lived like a chicken. He scratched the earth for worms and insects. He clucked and cackled. And he would thrash his wings and fly a few feet into the air.

Years passed and the eagle grew very old.

One day the eagle saw a magnificent bird flying high above him. The old eagle looked up in awe as the majestic bird glided gracefully among the powerful wind currents, with scarcely a beat on his strong golden wings.

He was very impressed and curious so he asked the hens around him, ***8220;Who is that magnificent creature who has so much power and grace and poetry in motion?"

***8220;That is the eagle, the king of the birds,***8221; the hens told him, ***8220;He belongs to the sky and we belong to the earth because we are mere chickens.***8221;

So the eagle lived and died a chicken because that is what he thought he was***8230;
Old 3rd April 2018, 18:36
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Well my JSA appointment was not what I was expecting. The guy was all apologetic about me getting kicked off ESA! . He thinks I have a strong case for appeal. Course i'm still a bit cynical about DWP employees How on the level they are.

He didn't half go on tho I think we were there for almost 2 hours, also the IT system went down and lost everything. He's said he won't bother to refer me to the group induction/sessions because I have social anxiety. He's also lessened the distance/time for travelling that I have to look for work to 30 mins. I'm apparently not really expected to apply for anything, least not yet and I only need to look for p/time work (20 hours a week). That I can access there disability adviser if I want. Basically all I have to do is job search online and tinker with my CV for now.
Not what I was expecting really.
Old 3rd April 2018, 18:48

Mood
Alienated

I just went from feeling lonely, to feeling let down, to feeling empty, to feeling carefree in an astonishing amount of time.

Okay, it's time to get drunk.
Old 3rd April 2018, 20:03

^^^^ Love that story Chess&Junkfood

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiouslondoner
^ and full of weird angles, probably. And curves!
I don't even know what to do with all these angles. Or these curves
Old 3rd April 2018, 20:10

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellotiger
^^^^ Love that story Chess&Junkfood

I don't even know what to do with all these angles. Or these curves

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Old 3rd April 2018, 21:15

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
Well my JSA appointment was not what I was expecting. The guy was all apologetic about me getting kicked off ESA! . He thinks I have a strong case for appeal. Course i'm still a bit cynical about DWP employees How on the level they are.

He didn't half go on tho I think we were there for almost 2 hours, also the IT system went down and lost everything. He's said he won't bother to refer me to the group induction/sessions because I have social anxiety. He's also lessened the distance/time for travelling that I have to look for work to 30 mins. I'm apparently not really expected to apply for anything, least not yet and I only need to look for p/time work (20 hours a week). That I can access there disability adviser if I want. Basically all I have to do is job search online and tinker with my CV for now.
Not what I was expecting really.
At least you seem to have got a nice JSA adviser! It does make things much better when people are genuinely decent.
Old 3rd April 2018, 22:20
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
At least you seem to have got a nice JSA adviser! It does make things much better when people are genuinely decent.
Yeah, he does seem alright (least so far).
I suppose there has to be good un's even amongst the pile of poo that is the DWP.
Old 4th April 2018, 03:04

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebka
@kevin, Cheersies! I like popping candy and bubblewrap, I’m glad you mentioned both of those things. Grabbing bubble wrap and twisting it and hearing it all pop, or putting the bubble wrap in your mouth and chewing it, just thinking these things makes’ah me feel a chazillion times better, so thanks!
u wercum

Old 4th April 2018, 07:13

Mood
Fine

^ I'm sick of this too. I was wondering about attempting to cut grains out of my diet, as many have reported more energy. Might be just placebo, but might be worth a shot.
Old 4th April 2018, 08:37
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Hope everything is ok Muggins
Old 4th April 2018, 11:29

^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm glad you like the story Hellotiger

^^^^^^
I also hope everything is ok Muggins

^^^^^
Having ambitions to become a spymaster, as well as replacing an eagle with a dragon, is why your whimsical skills are far greater than mine. I just wish there was an emoticon that could express my whimsical appreciation for your whimsical awesomeness. Or something like that
Old 4th April 2018, 11:38

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity
^ I'm sick of this too. I was wondering about attempting to cut grains out of my diet, as many have reported more energy. Might be just placebo, but might be worth a shot.

i went wheat free, i know not everyone is tortured by bread but it might be worth a shot. went from being a huge bloated cripple in constant pain to doing half marathons and the like. although you dont have to take up running just cos you cut out bread...but it seems to help

my other dietary hack is to be more aware of the types of carbs you are having...if you are having a lot of sugary stuff and refined carbs then your blood sugar is peaking and crashing all day long, sorting that out made a huge difference for me. if you wanna read up on it the key word i guess is glycaemic index or glycaemic load, thats basically a measure of what a food is going to do to your blood sugar, its all about keeping it even. think porridge rather than frosties, yknow?

anyway sorry for the sermon but this stuff has all reduced my suffering immensely, fellow human
Old 4th April 2018, 15:04

Glad to be back home - enough of society for me thanks!

PS You'll most likely find your parcel in the bin today if you weren't in and i was delivering to you - hopefully it'll stink of shit and be smeared with grot by the time you find it. Please feel free to complain and never use our service (nor the companies that do) again, and then maybe one day things will improve because we'll be paid more to do extra donkey work, especially in the sodden rain.
Old 4th April 2018, 15:14
Banned

Really crap.
Accidentally scraped my van and forgot to report it to boss and write it in log book..boss phoned up and sounded very annoyed at me . My head was in a spin , can't even remember what he said.
Did think of phoning my union rep to see if I'll get disciplined but I can't even face doing that, I'm such a loser. I feel like I've done the crime of the century. I just want to hide
Old 4th April 2018, 17:11
Banned at own request

I feel like the cheese has slid off my cracker. I am leaving the house tomorrow no matter what.
Old 4th April 2018, 18:19

Mood
Shoveit

Headaches. Sister has been round with the three kids...Jesus. If that isn't enough to put me off kids for life lol
Old 4th April 2018, 18:22

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by flumpsy
I feel like the cheese has slid off my cracker. I am leaving the house tomorrow no matter what.

*drags u kicking and screaming to look at synths n rack gear*
Old 4th April 2018, 19:14

Why must every single happy time of my life have to be tinged with the fear that it will end?
Old 4th April 2018, 19:17

^ I love your new photo, you're so pretty.
Old 4th April 2018, 19:20

^ Aww thank you Newbs.
Old 4th April 2018, 19:29

^ I hope you feel happier soon.
Old 4th April 2018, 21:51

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
My stomach has just ballooned up and really hurts. Strange. I feel like I might burst at any moment!

i hope noone is waiting under your bed with a pin and a camera!

...i mean i hope someone is!
Old 4th April 2018, 21:53

Mood
Shoveit

^ ^have a good poop! Hope you feel better queen bee.
Old 4th April 2018, 23:25

Mood
Sneaky

^ ha! I'd be safe, thanks to all the running i do i no longer need to breathe. The closest ive came in years was when i woke up one morning and discovered id resumed posting on sauk! Had a bit of an intake of breathe from the shock but its still there, in my lungs
Old 5th April 2018, 01:32

Mood
Crappy

When people say they will do something then don't follow through.