Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 14th December 2009, 12:28

Mood
Sneaky

Default Re: weight loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS1
Hmm..I have really struggled with binge eating - it started after I was abused as a child and it has taken me a long time to understand myself enough to see that I have been punishing myself and escaping my anxiety with food. It's early days but I feel I have finally turned a corner and you will get there too...hopefully a bit quicker. Good to hear some good news!

Good Luck

i always feel like people never understand how severe binge eating is. hope you are able to get things to sit better and feel better
Old 26th December 2009, 08:49

Mood
Sneaky

trousers kept slipping down yesterday - am either going to have to buy a smaller belt, or make a new hole in it

i think i'm going to end up too skinny
Old 27th December 2009, 11:15

Mood
Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth brundle
trousers kept slipping down yesterday - am either going to have to buy a smaller belt, or make a new hole in it

i think i'm going to end up too skinny

That's really good well done!

I'm dieting at the mo, so far lost 12 pounds in 8 weeks have been up and down with my dieting for a few years but am determined to get to my goal in 2010!
How much have you lost in total so far?
Old 27th December 2009, 11:40

Mood
Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey33
I hate this time of year, I was hoping to get a break from all this eating, but today I have to have another christmas dinner, this time with my sister, tomorrow it's with my dad, and tuesday we're all off to an italian restaurant to celebrate a birthday. Help me someone, how do I get out of this shiz?
Unfortunately this time of year is the worst time for eating I think, i've let my hair down the past couple of weeks so I don't beat myself up about eating so much rubbish!
I would just enjoy it and focus to eat better in the new year
Old 17th January 2010, 08:39

Mood
In-Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren
I think most people see them as a womans thing, but it really isn't the case
My ex boyfriend was very slim and fit and he had stretch marks even though never having had a weight problem ever.
Old 27th January 2010, 13:54

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosabel
My ex boyfriend was very slim and fit and he had stretch marks even though never having had a weight problem ever.

glad to hear that, you can perhaps guess why

actually being on holiday in a sunny place helped a bit because you get to see everybody out in skimpies, and you see that there aren't that many perfect specimens out there
Old 27th January 2010, 13:55

Mood
Sneaky

anyway i'm in here cos...well, i haven't weighed myself in a while, but i think this belt is getting loose again
Old 27th January 2010, 15:11

Mood
Tired

I've gone from a 40" waist to a 36" waist in the last few months,
seems that most of it was from walking in the country every day, can't wait till the lighter nights come in and I can go out again after work. that and press-ups and sit-ups etc. I just keep snatching press-ups when waiting for food to cook in the oven etc. or just before work or after work, just snatching little excercise burns in those gaps at home when your simply waiting for something, / soup heating up / something cooking in the oven / waiting before going out too early for something etc.
motivation ?...... trying to look my best for any prospective mate !
and feeling happier with my self-image, couldn't face going out when I had a really big belly, I felt hideous and ashamed, SA is debilitating enough without adding any further reason to hide myself away from people.
my goal is to go to the swimming baths regularly without feeling self-conscious or ashamed of my body shape.
Old 27th January 2010, 16:01

Mood
Happy

It's been interesting reading this thread.

I've had a binge/comfort eating problem for most of my teenage/adult years. It's all linked into my anxiety/confidence issues. I've always been on the large side, but get away with it as I'm tall. I try to keep reasonably active with walking and swimming, I'd be a lot worse if I didn't.

Over the years I've lost weight, but put it back on.....but over the last few years I've been especially bad I've put on over 3 stone. Last year my eating was out of control, my doctor referred me to the dietician. Last week I had an appointment with the psych at the eating disorder clinic and dietician...so I'm going to see what they do with me from there.

I've started keeping my food diary again and writing absolutley everything down in it. Joined the local Ramblers and going on a walk leaders course next week with my local Paths to Health group. I'm determined to change my habits, loose weight. The hardest part is keeping it off!
Old 27th January 2010, 16:18
Banned

Mood
Curious

its hard to lose weight when you get into eating habits but i lost a couple of stone without much hardship by cutting out nightly snacks and alchohol, i just used to drink a mug of bovril once a night after light meals in the day. kept off bread crisps ect, and now feel much lighter.
Old 25th June 2010, 12:46

Mood
Sneaky

did a double take when i got dressed and looked in the mirror. i could cry. i'm trim

i don't think i suit any "extra weight"...some people definitely do, there's guys at work who look stocky, i honestly think its a cool look, and there are women who are curvy and they look great. i'm certain that these people would be classed as "overweight" but i think they look great - whatever.

when i put on weight i'm all gangly limbed with a huge belly, majorly sux.

what this is really about tho is that its symbolic of my mental state. you can judge my mental state by my appearance. fat = binge eating = out of control = self harm = maniac = unhappy. when i got my benefits and was able to go part time at work, immediately i lost two stone in two months from the anxiety reduction.

i've felt a bit of a difference in my mind this week and i guess i must have been eating different too.

jeez. looked in the mirror, couldn't believe it.

anyway, lets see how long i can keep this up :rolleyes:
Old 25th June 2010, 15:11
Banned

good stuff seth i did notice you'd lost weight and looked a lot healthier when i watched your drumming vid.
Old 12th July 2010, 22:54

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG
good stuff seth i did notice you'd lost weight and looked a lot healthier when i watched your drumming vid.

cheers mate

hope i'm not setting myself up for a fail but i have the idea that i'm gonna lose loads of weight over the next couple of months
Old 14th July 2010, 16:47

Mood
Sneaky

made some drum videos today...wacthing them i was like..."who's this slender specimen?"

nah not quite, but initial indications are good for when i weigh myself on saturday. i'm hoping i'll have lost a stone this week
Old 16th July 2010, 11:00

Mood
Sneaky

okay decided to weigh myself today instead.

oohhhh yeah...

today i think i deserve a few treats for being a very good boy
Old 16th July 2010, 11:05

Mood
Sneaky

bah okay so here's the "bad" side.

it's like...my stomach is a disaster area. all i've been doing this week is trying really hard to aleviate symptoms of stomach pain etc by eating different foods, eating much less, not eating at particular times of day, and so on. all of this is a complete pain in the ass

my stomach has felt much better this week but i've felt a bit...neurotic, trynig to figure out how to keep on top of it.

anyway it has had the extremely pleasing side effect of making me lose *ahem* a few pounds, so lets not get too down about it just yet.

what would be nice is, in a few weeks time, i got under 13 stone. that would rock. and it just might be doable, too
Old 16th July 2010, 14:28

Mood
Dead

Vey well done to you - a great achievement
Old 21st July 2010, 19:06

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusSpirit
Vey well done to you - a great achievement

thankyou, madame
Old 21st July 2010, 19:10

Mood
Sneaky

i've had two people remark on my recent weightloss already. and i only changed what i eat a week and a half ago

one said "looking slimmer than ever!" and the other said "you look like you've lost a lot of weight!" rockin...

can't "weight" to be under 13 stone! i'll have to buy new clothes and stuff even now my trousers are all bunched up around the waist from me tightening my belt
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:50

Mood
Sneaky

weighing in day today. lost another two pounds. sweet.

sorry this has kind of turned into my weightloss blog, feel free to ignore
Old 27th July 2010, 12:43

Awesome. Nothing beats the feeling of losing weight. If you're looking to get some Bio-Oil its cheaper online, nearly half price. This is where I get mine from: http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/bio-oil_v_649.html

It really does work for any type of scar but needs to be used every day for a while to see results.

Well done!
Closed Thread