SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 29th May 2017, 12:08

Mood
Melancholy

Default Hello :)

Thought it was about time I said 'Hello' after lurking around the boards for a while

I've had social anxiety since high school although its lessened somewhat as I've aged, but I suppose that's more to do with the fact that I go to the same places with the same people and am set in a routine.

I used to actually like going to new places and meeting new people (until high school ) but the fight or flight response is overwhelming now - I went to a relatives birthday party a couple of years ago - unfamilar place and lots of strangers - and was practically frozen to my seat for the whole night; couldn't even have a drink because I was terrified that I'd spill it all over myself I wasn't on the booze at that point, but by God did I need a real drink after that

Anyway, just thought I would introduce myself before I chicken out
Old 29th May 2017, 21:19

Mood
Melancholy

Default Re: Hello :)

Thanks for the welcomes

@Rebka - More like they had to chisel the phone out of my hand
Old 29th May 2017, 21:42

Mood
Cheerful

Default Re: Hello :)

Hello Everyone, new to SAUK

Im Paul, 41, feeling socially isolated due SAD. Looking to meet new people with similiar issues. I live on the wirral peninsular, but originally from Leeds. I have my own business, and meet lots of people, i get on with it, although it freeks me out. I have lived with my problems from before i can remember.