SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 8th September 2007, 16:35

Default Extremely alone & Depressed in London - can Anyone Help?

I am looking for a cheap room or flatshare in London because I am getting increasingly depressed living on my own to the point that I feel so lonely and panicky all the time when I am in on my own.

I am also so scared of going out because I am scared constantly of people looking at me and judging me. I force myself to go out each day it feels unbearable most days. This problem has been with me for about 10 years but it is so out of control now and has become worse because of isolation in my home environment.

I am wondering if there is anyone else who also feels isolated and lonely in London ( who suffers with monophobia) who would welcome a flat mate and some company.

I am a quiet respectful, tidy female in my early 30s. I would not be around all the time because I'm supposed to be starting to volunteer for a charity next week - how I don't know yet when it feels so unbearable to walk down the street.

Please contact me if you can help.

Bemusedgirl

Moderator please allow this post because I am in a bad situation and I want to make contact with other people who may be in the same situation.
Old 8th September 2007, 19:04

Default Re: Extremely alone & Depressed in London - can Anyone Help?

Sounds pretty rough. Do you live near your parents/brothers/sisters etc or any extended family? I am sorry to hear you feel so bad...have you thought about medication? It might give you enough of a lift to then join a support group perhaps or to stick out the voluntary work (how do you pay the rent if you aren't working?). Hope it all works out ok
Old 9th September 2007, 22:47

I'm sorry that things are so bad for you. Depression and loneliness are killers (hence the suicide rate).

But rather than looking for strength from others you need to look inside yourself even if that's easier said than done.

If you need someone to talk to PM me but like most others I can't offer any more help than that.

Just look after yourself.
Old 10th September 2007, 13:57

Thank you to everyone who responded to my thread

- Extremely Alone and Depressed in London with replies and with private messages.

I do not have the internet at home so I am just reading all the replies today (Monday).

Unfortunaely I am having problems replying to all of you because a page can not be displayed message keeps appearing when I try to send a reply.

Thank you everyone for all your help in both the social anxiety and the overs 30s forums.

Bemused girl
Closed Thread