SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 20th January 2023, 06:50

Mood
Notamused

Default Re: What are you doing right now? (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooky Monster
Yeah, very much a whole world of things happening at once - lots of things to stress over and too many things to do, all while being ill... again
I hope you're feeling a bit better today.
Old 20th January 2023, 06:58

Mood
Notamused

About to play Racedriver Grid (old racing game) so I can take my mind off going all the way to High Wycombe for a scan. NHS services used to be at local hospitals, now they're miles away while the local hospitals are hardly used. I think both parties, whatever they pretend, want to do away with the NHS so they can bring in an American style health denial system which is far more expensive and based on wealth.
Old 20th January 2023, 22:47

Mood
Breezy

Watching Derry Girls
Old 20th January 2023, 22:53

About to turn in. I'm feeling joyless.
Old 20th January 2023, 22:55

Mood
Breezy

Night Rocket Spud
Old 20th January 2023, 23:57

Mood
Alienated

Listening to some ska / 2Tone. I’d forgotten how much I absolutely love this music, especially The Specials and Madness. Often songs about serious topics, but in a fun and danceable way

It’s a shame that most people have never heard music like that when I mention it - partly makes me wish I grew up in the early 80s when pretty much everyone would have heard it.

Old 21st January 2023, 07:39

^ I went to a ska gig once and it was one of the best gigs I've ever been too. It was so much fun to dance (skank) everyone was having a great time. I highly recommend going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
About to turn in. I'm feeling joyless.
hope you feel better after a nice sleep . hopefully it's a short case of Joyless January making the rounds as it likes to spend a bit of time with everyone.
Old 21st January 2023, 14:06

Trying to figure out how to get out of two work social events which are in the very early stages of planning. One I think I can get out of quite easily. The other? Hmmm...it could be difficult.

Unfortunately since Christmas, I have a colleague who wants to try and 'ramp things up a bit' this year... Honestly, I thought I saw the back of this nonsense since Covid.

It seems no matter what I do or say, it seems to be almost 'unacceptable' to sit out and do my own thing in my private time. This is even after being much more open and honest with people. The understanding remains practically non-existent.

Frustrated and worried would be a good way to describe my mood over this last near-week.
Old 21st January 2023, 15:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tembo
Listening to some ska / 2Tone. I’d forgotten how much I absolutely love this music, especially The Specials and Madness. Often songs about serious topics, but in a fun and danceable way

It’s a shame that most people have never heard music like that when I mention it - partly makes me wish I grew up in the early 80s when pretty much everyone would have heard it.

H'Al Capone guns don't h'argue! Take it back to a bit of Prince Buster!

Good choice Tembo.. I'm gonna Spotify myself a bit of Ska and 2Tone now.. love myself a bit madness. Gonna start with Nightboat to Cairo and see where I end up
Old 21st January 2023, 16:44

Mood
Tired

Feeling very stressed about things,..

God, I really do wonder what it's like to be normal and just feel okay about stuff?

Old 21st January 2023, 18:43

@ Nanuq & Biscuits

Thanks. I don't think time of year has anything to do with it, i just wasn't in my usual 'drink and party' mood, was feeling awfully flat and thought it best to get some sleep instead.
Old 21st January 2023, 20:21

Mood
Breezy

Watch a big bang theory marithon
Old 26th January 2023, 16:57

I think i've cried more in the past 24hrs than i have the previous 10yrs combined.
Old 26th January 2023, 17:25

Mood
Cynical

^ Sounds like you're having a pretty difficult time at the moment?
Old 26th January 2023, 17:56

Mood
Spaced

Oh no! ^
Old 26th January 2023, 18:17

^^^ You're so lovely and so it's horrible to hear that something is making you so upset. Hope things turn around and get better for you soon, Rocket Spud.
Old 26th January 2023, 19:08
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Ahh Spud, sounds bad whatevers happened.
Old 26th January 2023, 22:28

Mood
Breezy

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty Spud
Old 26th January 2023, 23:26

Mood
Breezy

Just got back from the theatre, saw Evita, very good
Old 27th January 2023, 12:41
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^Nice

I'm sitting waiting for the AA, flat battery.
Got possibly another hour to wait.
Old 27th January 2023, 12:59

^ You not been using it much? Old battery?
Old 27th January 2023, 15:27
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ Its a fairly new battery (less than a year) but I haven't driven it for a couple of weeks and before that only very locally. We've got a landslide in our village and getting in and out currently is somewhat of a nightmare.

I was expecting a yellow AA van but it was a silver VW roadside assistance van and guy. Not that i'm complaining as I have a Skoda, so a VW engine.
Anyhoo seems to be sorted, have had to drive it about for an hour so fingers crossed....
Old 27th January 2023, 15:32

Mood
Cynical

^ Your village has had a landslide?!
Old 27th January 2023, 15:52
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

lol yes! Well landslide or landslip - not sure which is correct. The A road that runs through it has been closed since just before New Year.

So you either have to go on the offical diverson which is about 18 miles! or go up and down a pretty bad country lane called broomers which I've just done - it's bad at the best of times but now has trenches rather than pot holes! and the sides of the road are collapsing so it's certainly a careful drive. The other way is through a small residential estate which allows you to get to the bottom of the village this however is narrow roads with parked cars and is now having to take HGV's, buses, double decker school buses etc etc I've only been through on the bus as it's horrendous at rush hour and school drop off/pick up. You've got ppl driving on pavements, drivers screaming abuse etc.. Often gridlock. And of course the road is now breaking up as it was never meant for such traffic.
Least the majority of idiots have stopped ignoring the road closed signs and continuing on to the landslide only to realise that yes the road really is closed and not passable. then having to find away to turn around which so far had one vehicle hitting a gas govenor, causing a gas leak and the people on Church hill to be evacuated!

Our MP appears to be doing absolutly nout.
Old 27th January 2023, 16:19

Tut, Mo - what are you like. You really must drive the car during winter, get some charge into the battery, especially as it's been particularly cold. I'm no expert so maybe have a little look at whats needed - it might only be a case of driving around for 30mins twice a week, but it has to be done. Have you checked your tyre pressure and fluid levels recently?

Crazy about the landslide, though it's of little surprise with the weather we've had. That period before the recent cold was rather wet and then it went into a freeze. It's probable that all that rainwater didn't go anywhere and then frooze, expanding wherever it was and causing damage. Now that it's warmed up a little, it's thawed and the damage is becoming apparent.
Old 27th January 2023, 17:03
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I know. I think with Chritsmas and then the landslide issue it's caused me to retreat somewhat from driving as much. Plus bus fares being capped at £2. But yes, I will need to make sure I drive it more regularly and for longer stints. I'm driving down to the sanctuary tomorrow which is about 10 miles away. I haven't checked fluids in the last month but I do check oil and coolant regularly. As for tyre pressure, I don't actually know how!

Yeah, the recent weather I think has definitly been the cataylst for the landslide. It is a narrow bit of road aswell and we have HGV's etc going past - that part of the road isn't really suited for them - it's narrow with ancient very high embankments (and houses on the land at the top of the embankments) the vibrations of the heavy traffic I think have probably over time had an impact but the weather does seem to have been the tipping point. The banks are still moving apparantly and their worried more trees might be dislodged.
Old 27th January 2023, 17:47

Sounds like you need some new roads, Mo. Tyre pressure info is usually found on the inside of a door (probably driver side) or the inside of the fuel cap enclosure. Go to manual if not. It might be a bit confusing as there may be info for different tyre sizes and then there's the light and heavy (if you're traveling with many people and/or luggage) cargo pressures too, but you'll work it out. Tyre size is found on the rim of each tyre - they'll likely be the same size, check anyway. Pumping them up is much like inflating a bike tyre, but with a machine, so that's easy. Anyway, it's easy once you've done it a couple of times. Get yourself a tyre inflater and you'll be good
Old 27th January 2023, 18:36
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Some new roads would be fab!

Ta . Will take a look for the pressure info, i've sussed tyre size as I had to replace a couple of tyres last year. I'll probably need a youtube video or something to make me feel less clueless for the rest
Old 28th January 2023, 17:59

Mood
Cynical

^ Oh no! Have you been able to turn the water off? Can you call an emergency plumber?
Old 29th January 2023, 19:57
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Forcing myself to google stuff for a healthy wellbeing group I'm covering tomorrow on zoom. I really hate covering this group. Not sure what subject to pick as yet, got a mindfulness thing to play them which at least kills 10 mins. But otherwise I still have nothing *sigh*