SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 21st December 2018, 11:13

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
^
Thank you Biscuits.
Hope you feel better.
Old 21st December 2018, 14:35

Mood
Blah

^ so sorry you are struggling jinny, its definitely hard work having everyone at home sometimes, i hope things improve for you especially your husbands behaviour
Old 21st December 2018, 15:41
Banned

In bed with fever , freezing cold, can't warm up
Knew this would happen over Xmas
Old 21st December 2018, 16:30

Mood
Fine

^ Ahh that sucks

I'm feeling positive. Got all but one present delivered today (last arrives tomorrow), work on the house as been completed (for now), just got to put up the decorations tonight
Old 21st December 2018, 19:13

^ So glad you feel good again, Lee.
Old 21st December 2018, 19:39

Mood
Mellow

Just pants really...like the calm before the storm here at our bit. but everything sorted terms-of-gifts. didn't go wild on cards this year- thank goodness.
Old 21st December 2018, 22:00

Mood
Pensive

My eldest grandson is 6 tomorrow, had my mum round today telling me what she had bought him, what she's got them both for Christmas and wanting me to go food shopping with her because she doesn't know what they like even though they live with her part time (when my son has them) I keep telling her how hard it is for me when she's going on and on about them but she doesn't care.
Every year since my kids were born she has spent Christmas Day and Boxing Day here, if I ever said I might do something different she kicked off and complained that she would be on her own and it's not fair for her to be alone at Christmas so I always backed down.
She told me today she can't come on Boxing Day because my son will be having a 2nd Christmas Day for the boys at hers.
I don't care about that, I'm big enough to spend a day on my own if my 2 sons still at home go to their dad's as usual, just annoyed she's only told me today when it's too late to make alternative plans.
Feeling useless and a failure too after she managed to do her usual and point out all my faults in quick succession.
Old 22nd December 2018, 00:55

Numb and ill
Old 22nd December 2018, 01:47

^ Nice to see you back Pandapop
Sorry to hear you’re feeling ill, especially at this time of year which I recall you always looked forward to. Hope you feel better soon x

@ Azalea - It sounds like a horrible situation that you are in, and your mum’s insensitivity and put downs can’t be helping things one bit. It’s clear that you’ve always tried your very best to be a kind and loving daughter, mother and grandmother but (forgive me for saying this particularly as I don’t know the facts) I think you’ve been treated appallingly Anyone would be very lucky to have you in their lives and you deserve to be treated so much better. I hope that you do find that you still have time to make alternative plans for Boxing day and have a flipping good time because you so deserve it. And, next time your mum wants to spend time at yours I’d be tempted to tell her that you’ve made plans of your own!! Look after yourself x

Totally overwhelmed. I’ve got chores up to my eyeballs: I only have ONE day to wash and dry clothes, pack suitcases, drop cats off at the cattery, wrap presents....all in preparation for a week at the in-laws. They are lovely folk but I know from experience that the crippling SA won’t allow me to enjoy the festivities and what I really want to do is to just hide away under my duvet until at least the Spring
Old 22nd December 2018, 08:06

Mood
Pensive

Thank you Muggins

My house is a complete tip and there's so much that needs doing.
My eldest son is taking me food shopping (I did manage to resist my mum's attempts to get me to go with her) so as long as the kitchen is clean and we have room to sit down in the living room that will do, I used to spend hours getting everywhere clean and tidy and all Christmassy but it seems pointless.

I hope you manage to get everything done, I've not wrapped presents yet and usually that's my favourite bit.
A week is a long time and I hope you manage to enjoy at least some of it.
Old 22nd December 2018, 12:57

Mood
Musical

Yes jinny i'm thinking abit more positive how long it will last i don't know but hears hopping... hope you feel better soon too jinny

I did something i don't normally try.... i went out to a Nepalese food restaurant last night never tried it before i'm rather picky/fussy on what food i like and don't normally try it but i pushed myself out of my comfort zone and you know what i loved it and will go back there again.... so i'm gonna try to push my boundaries on food again soon and try new types of food!
Old 22nd December 2018, 14:07

Mood
Pensive

^ That's brilliant T

It's easy to stick to what you know, especially with a mum whose favourite phrase was "you might not like it"
Since my son started to work in Manchester we have tried a lot of different food and liked most of it.
Old 22nd December 2018, 18:00

Mood
Dramaqueen

Shattered from lack of sleep. Wee dude can't be discharged till 30th Dec, but thankfully we can get some passes to go out in between IV treatments, so he can spend a few hrs at home on xmas day.

Oh and he's won a platter of cupcakes (allergy friendly). A local baker ran a competition to win this platter of cupcakes and he was nominated by someone as he was going to be poorly and in hospital over xmas. Should put a wee smile on his face.
Old 22nd December 2018, 18:19

^
Hope he recovers soon and you all get some rest, ILMC!
Old 22nd December 2018, 18:46

Mood
Blah

^^ so sorry what you & your little man are going through ilovemycats hope he enjoys his cupcakes

its that time of year again when santa is spoken about so often that i start cleaning everywhere 'so when he comes it will look so lovely' ...then remember i dont actually need to be cleaning quite so thoroughly for the north pole guy
Old 22nd December 2018, 19:25

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand
Just pants really...like the calm before the storm here at our bit. but everything sorted terms-of-gifts. didn't go wild on cards this year- thank goodness.
Hop you have a good Christmas quicksand, and it all goes well.

That's good news the wee dude can get home for Christmas and you all get some fairy cakes,
Wishing the wee man a speedy recovery and all get to enjoy Christmas ILMC
Old 22nd December 2018, 19:54

Hope your wee man is on the mend I love my cats, and you both manage to have a decent Christmas in the circumstances.
Old 23rd December 2018, 12:11

Mood
Musical

Hope your son has a speedy recovery I Love My Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalea
^ That's brilliant T

It's easy to stick to what you know, especially with a mum whose favourite phrase was "you might not like it"
Since my son started to work in Manchester we have tried a lot of different food and liked most of it.

Yes its the easy/lazy option i guess stick to what you know and good for you too in trying new stuff, so far i've been to a Nepalese and Thai places and hopefully be trying a few more next year!
Old 23rd December 2018, 12:19

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Cats
Shattered from lack of sleep. Wee dude can't be discharged till 30th Dec, but thankfully we can get some passes to go out in between IV treatments, so he can spend a few hrs at home on xmas day.

Oh and he's won a platter of cupcakes (allergy friendly). A local baker ran a competition to win this platter of cupcakes and he was nominated by someone as he was going to be poorly and in hospital over xmas. Should put a wee smile on his face.
Hope he has a lovely Christmas, kids always make the best of it.
Get well soon little man
Old 23rd December 2018, 18:05

Mood
Dramaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikei
^
Hope he recovers soon and you all get some rest, ILMC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AireleeBray
^^ so sorry what you & your little man are going through ilovemycats hope he enjoys his cupcakes

its that time of year again when santa is spoken about so often that i start cleaning everywhere 'so when he comes it will look so lovely' ...then remember i dont actually need to be cleaning quite so thoroughly for the north pole guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
Wishing your son a speedy recovery, Mrs Cats. So sorry that he is poorly. It***8217;s so lovely that he can come home for some time at Christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco Da Gama
Hop you have a good Christmas quicksand, and it all goes well.

That's good news the wee dude can get home for Christmas and you all get some fairy cakes,
Wishing the wee man a speedy recovery and all get to enjoy Christmas ILMC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messer
Hope your wee man is on the mend I love my cats, and you both manage to have a decent Christmas in the circumstances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T
Hope your son has a speedy recovery I Love My Cats

Yes its the easy/lazy option i guess stick to what you know and good for you too in trying new stuff, so far i've been to a Nepalese and Thai places and hopefully be trying a few more next year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalea
Hope he has a lovely Christmas, kids always make the best of it.
Get well soon little man
Thanks so much for your good wishes folks. He's hating the IV antibiotics and has had to get the cannula thing replaced 3 times since he came in on Thursday 13th, which is heartbreaking to watch. We are now able to get him 'passes' so he can come to the hospital cafe for beans and toast in the morning. We then have to wait around for the ward round and his 12pm IV antibiotics. We can then take him home between 12.30 and need to be back at 5.30pm for his IV antibiotics at 6pm. Now having his dinner at home, but it's hard for him to come back to the hospital even when we prepare him. Santa will bring him a few things to the ward, then he can come home in the afternoon for the main things, before returning at 5.30pm. It's not the best, but we're much luckier than some wee ones who are too poorly to get out.

Spoke to my dad on the phone, who is also poorly and in hospital due to chest infection and getting a pacemaker fitted. He said he's getting out tomorrow but hospital are trying to keep him in in case he's lonely. I phoned back and spoke to the nurse and he's talking nonsense and they are keeping him in because he's not well enough for discharge. Sad to say that makes my life a teeny bit easier as he doesn't appreciate how ill the wee guy is and is expecting me to come over with clothes to pick him up and take him home!

Picking up the cupcakes tomorrow. Will post a pic in my profile pic when we get them as I dunno how to post pics on here from my phone!

Hope everyone is having as chilled and stress-free a time as they can at this time of year
Old 23rd December 2018, 18:47

Mood
Lurking

I know how hard it is to have people in Hospital at Christmas. My Mam was in last year from 22/10/18, so me and my brother were visiting every day after work and in afternoons at the weekends. We knew at the beginning of December that she wouldn't be coming out for Christmas, but she had a nice day in their. They had a proper Christmas dinner with all the trimmings and she was well enough to watch a few evening programmes in the day room with some of the other patients. We all visited on Christmas afternoon and she phoned her favourite nephew on my mobile to wish him all the best. She had a really lovely day.

Unfortunately she took a turn for the worst between Christmas and New Year and died peacefully on the 4th January. So this is the first Christmas without her.
Old 23rd December 2018, 18:56

^^I hope your son and dad get better soon.
^ I am very sorry to hear that your mom was unwell and passed away, are you spending time with your family this Christmas?
Old 24th December 2018, 00:26

Mood
Alienated

^ That must feel very strange Kooky. I'm not sure how i'd cope with that. Thinking of you!

And hope everyone else above will be ok too

I'm a bit disappointed that i'm not happy it is Christmas. Every year previously, I have felt good that it is Christmas. Well, I don't go completely over-the-top festive like some, but I do usually feel good. But this year i'm not really feeling it, and just want Spring to begin. I'm quite enjoying the Christmas music and films, but thats about it.
Its just going to be me and Mum this year too, so just like any other day. Meh.
Old 24th December 2018, 12:20
Banned

What an awful few days I've had.
Been in bed with fever, don't want to eat. Just about walking about now. Had to cancel seeing my partner.
Mum and dad's had same thing , although dad had his flu jab so don't get why he's ill.

Now I've got a boil the size of Jupiter, really hurts.

I can't wait for spring either. All this darkness is doing my head in, 16 hours of dark , another reason why I hate this time of year.
Old 25th December 2018, 21:09

Mood
Bashful

Pretty good, first Christmas by myself and I***8217;ve really enjoyed it!
Old 25th December 2018, 21:49

Mood
Relaxed

Tired. Laid my carpet and fitted my desk.

Think I'll relax all day tomorrow.
Old 25th December 2018, 23:06
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Very bloated because my eyes were bigger than my belly today.
Also slightly relieved that my aunt is finally in hospital and getting the treatment she needs.
Old 26th December 2018, 06:31

Feeling sick, happy boxing day.
Old 26th December 2018, 07:54

Mood
Relaxed

I've got back pain from all the carrying I've been doing over the last few days. Wish I knew a masseuse or just a human who could come massage me in bed...and feed me.
Old 26th December 2018, 09:08

I'm feeling garbage. Christmas is stressful!