Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 10th April 2019, 01:18

Mood
Grumpy

Default I'm Hateful

As the title suggests. I post on Reddit on certain threads. Managed to lose a lot of 'karma' points apparently due to my more controversial theories. I usually support people, so I don't really understand...

At the end of the day, whatevs; it's not like I need extra ammunition to hate myself. Just advice to everyone: avoid politics at all costs. I dared to state my tiny opinion and already people are wishing me dead (join the fecking queue...)

Sorry, I don't really know why I'm posting this - I'm already in a self-harming mood where no one could stop me, and in some perverse way I lap up the hate as extra ammo. Like, duuuudes....

Yes, I'm a terrible person. This is fact. Tell me something I don't already know.
Old 10th April 2019, 02:15
Banned at own request

Mood
Goofy

Default Re: I'm Hateful

I'd take what people say on reddit with a pinch of salt. There is a lot of angry people lurking on the internet.
Old 11th April 2019, 03:46

I don't really know what reddit is as it's not something I've ever used but if it's a form of social media where people can express their various opinions on topics then, as Deer says, try to take it all with a pinch of salt.

When I've used Facebook I've noticed that people can be incredibly rude and spiteful in the public comments sections in a way that many of them would be far too cowardly to do if they were face to face with someone offline.
I think a lot of people are very frustrated with their lives in general (perhaps they hate their jobs, they are in debt, are in unhappy relationships, etc, etc, etc) which is absolutely no excuse of course for nasty behaviour, but I do wonder if they are taking out this anger and frustration on people they don't even know online simply because they can. Maybe it's the only place they don't feel powerless. Ahhh, I'm probably talking a load of old cobblers here

You are perfectly entitled to your opinions as they are there's and I bet many people would share and agree with your perspective. As you quite rightly say 'at the end of the day, whatevs'

I hope you are able to resist self harming
You are certainly not a terrible person, Austere_Lemur, you sound gutsy fun and lovely in your posts so if you want to talk politics here fire away

Take care x
Old 11th April 2019, 10:05

Mood
Insomnious

I wouldn't bother too much about if possible....though I know that's hard. I have a local competitor out to get me at the mo (or so it feels) and it was wrecking my days and feeling like a weight on me. But its no way to live carrying the weight of some total randoms who probably only give me a seconds thought once every 3 days or something. Bugger all in the great scheme of things. If you can just let it go, do so because they probably have already forgotten it and moved onto other things.
Old 12th April 2019, 07:18
Banned

the daily mail is definitely a shouting box. reddit comes in second? sort of wild westy
Old 14th April 2019, 20:38

Mood
Insomnious

lol pffft also your not hateful. Ive fully probably just made myself multiple enemies on here from voicing my thoughts. Could be either way really. Either I'm an asshole or sometimes you just gotta tell other people they are wrong. lol
Old 14th April 2019, 20:45
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austere_Lemur
As the title suggests. I post on Reddit on certain threads. Managed to lose a lot of 'karma' points apparently due to my more controversial theories. I usually support people, so I don't really understand...
You're probably doing better than me. I have 741.