SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 13th December 2010, 18:31

Default People who work full time: what do you eat throughout the day ? packed lunch or buy..

at a canteen or any other food vendor ?

Who still does a classic packed-lunch of sandwich, apples, bananas, crisps & chocolate bar ?

Or, do you need a macho fry up or steak an' ale pie or a vindaloo and ten pints of yorkshire bitter
Old 13th December 2010, 19:47

Mood
Musical

Default Re: People who work full time: what do you eat throughout the day ? packed lunch or b

I've not had a packed lunch since I was about 13 and it wasn't particularly cool to do so then, so doing it now would be a bit nerdy even for me. I just tend to nip out and buy a sandwich from somewhere before stuffing my ravenous face whilst sat at my desk.
Old 13th December 2010, 19:51

Default Re: People who work full time: what do you eat throughout the day ? packed lunch or b

i have all sorts of weird-looking packed lunches. i like eating all-bran that's been soaked in yogurt overnight so that it turns into a kind of cheesecake. it looks foul so i try to shield it from onlookers, but tastes fabulous. i also like to eat a tub of hummus with carrot sticks, which also looks a bit odd, but on balance getting to eat a tub of hummus totally beats looking normal.
Old 13th December 2010, 20:35

Mood
Mellow

bit of both, yesterdays leftovers, if nothing leftover then I buy from the staff canteen which is pretty good or we have an M&S next door if I fancy a sandwich which is rarely. I also keep fruit in my locker and have a banana or apple for brekkie when I get into work.
Old 13th December 2010, 20:44

Mood
Blah

I take sandwiches...and yoghurts, bananas, cereal bars, satsumas, kilping cakes..stuff like that. Don't eat chocolate and crisps these days..as it's bad for my skin.
Old 14th December 2010, 00:05

Mood
Curious

I would always pack food if I had to be out all day, otherwise I'd spend the whole morning worrying about what would be available for lunch. Eating food I haven't prepared myself makes me anxious.
Old 14th December 2010, 02:52

If I'm feeling organized I'll make a packed lunch but I usually get stuff when I'm out on the road.I know a lot of the places in the south west and south wales where you can get a cheapish bite to eat and park a lorry.Probably spend about £3-£5 a day on food.Always take a flask though.
Closed Thread