SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 27th April 2024, 15:31

Default What other fears do you have?

Other than PEOPLE and people-ing, what other fears or phobias do you have?
Old 27th April 2024, 15:36

Default Re: What other fears do you have?

I've always been prone to fear of going outside, however last year it developed into agoraphobia for various reasons. I've been working hard at getting better the last couple of months. Now able to go for a short walk on my own. Never want to go, but I can at least do it and it's a start.
Old 27th April 2024, 15:55

It probably sounds stupid, I have a fear of having showers (and I'm not that fond of baths either). Mostly due to an injury a few months ago and (long term) very sensitive skin prone to eczema (which doesn't like water and can't tolerate soap) and ear infections (so I have to put cotton wool and vaseline in my ears when I wash my hair)

Well, you did ask
Old 27th April 2024, 20:13

Mood
Balanced

I've this crazy steadfast reluctance to complete many tasks since lockdown, agoraphobic but not insurmountable I hope, just need to push through this awful paralysing malaise and stop overthinking things. Feel under pressure now to make the necessary changes in my life but I have made a first step and I do have people close who understand my struggle and the reasons for it. I wonder sometimes how the hell it has come to this when just a 7 years ago I was fighting fit and enjoying work. I put on 6 stones without realising my predicament but have lost over 4 the last 18 months. I felt broken for a while, I felt nothing, I'd just sit in the cold and with curtains drawn likely clinically depressed. Somehow I managed to snap out of it and made some changes, it's been very slow progress. This last 5 years has helped me to realise the truth about certain individuals who I thought cared but were in fact utterly self centered and toxic. Sometimes it's good to let go.
Old 27th April 2024, 21:45

My fears are around small objects or creatures falling into my ears. I take my earrings off at night because I worry they'll fall into my ear.

Also horses freak me out. Plus swans and geese.
Old 27th April 2024, 21:55

@Sophie - that's a brilliant amount of progress

@Bluebear - aw that makes complete sense because the warm water can be such an irritant and drying for skin conditions and allowing your skin to get a bit oily is best. Hah at ear infections they're awful.

@Hylas - that's lovely that you've coming out of those turbulent years and positive changes are starting to happen for you
Old 27th April 2024, 22:48

Heights
Old Yesterday, 00:42

Agoraphobia and claustrophobia (I know, I know ) and probably way too many others to list thanks to the minutiae of OCD.
Old Yesterday, 08:05

Claustrophobia- yes when that hits it's horrible. When you get that "I'm actually trapped here" realisation like on the underground. Even worse when it stops in a tunnel.

Oh wow OCD fears - yes the list can be endless there! I get the "if you do this, then x will/won't happen" intrusive thoughts. So I guess that's fear based?

@Lee - yes - ground beneath feet, plz!
Old Yesterday, 09:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlinterrupted
Agoraphobia and claustrophobia (I know, I know ) and probably way too many others to list thanks to the minutiae of OCD.
I'm so glad that I'm not the only person who has both agoraphobia and claustrophobia at the same time! I'm actually fine in enclosed spaces, as long as I have a clear path to an exit (this includes theatres and other seated venues, I always try to book seats at the end of rows). I also have a fear of d******s (my teeth have not been examined since 1973) and anyone touching my head or feet. I'm afraid of earwigs too, ever since my mother told me that they crawl into your ears (even now that I know it's not true, the fear remains).

Sent from my 23021RAA2Y using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 10:03

I don't think I have any phobias, but I have a bleak outlook on the way things are going in general.
Humanity is heading towards catastrophe and I fear for the collapse of society. It all seems inevitable at this point.
Old Yesterday, 10:26

Mood
Musical

I have a fear of walking over three BT grids in a row, two's fine but three is a no no... i literally avoid it when i'm walking up to it!
Old Today, 00:18

I wouldn't call it a fear but a dislike of bumblebees, moths and pigeons.

They must become extinct, let's make it happen.

Also, the kind of depressed mood that makes you panic you won't ever get out of it. Also I fear people but sometimes I'm scared of myself too.
Old Today, 11:09

Developing a neurodegenerative disorder or locked-in syndrome or having a stroke while alone and the outcome being worse than it could have been if someone was with me.

Not things I have any reason to worry about (no history of anything in my family), but they can be obsessive fears now and then when I find myself thinking about them.