SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 8th May 2007, 18:53

Default alternatives to getting stupidly wasted every weekend?

at the moment I go out friday and saturday night, get totally hammered and do stupid things....I would like to stop doing this and give the meds a propper chance to work and just be less self destructive in general

the problem is it gets to friday and saturday and i'm just sat here twiddling my thumbs wanting to go out, so I end up just thinking screw it, going out, drinking then feel terrible after.

I need something to take me away from my house and away from the temptation of just getting pissed.

So far I can think of going to the cinema, the evening showing will be quite nice timing to stop me going out and its a couple hours of distraction and not too harsh on the SA front

anymore suggestions?
Old 8th May 2007, 20:55

Mood
Thinking

Default Re: alternatives to getting stupidly wasted every weekend?

I have cut back on my drinking exploits a fair bit recently but mainly because I'm skint!

I have recently started working out quite a bit and generally trying to improve my fitness. I have found that I am more conscious of how much I drink now as I know it will damage any gains I make through working out and basically mess up my regime. Its improved my mindset and attitude towards drinking quite a bit.

I know how hard it is to stay in at weekends though. The ammount of times I have gone out for the sake of it to get wrecked and ended up in a right depressed state and regretted it for days after.
Old 8th May 2007, 21:27

^ You'll still manage to get a decent build even if you do drink quite a bit. The only time you should worry about drink is if you're drinking way too much regulary or you want to enter Mr Olympia.
Old 9th May 2007, 00:10

Mood
Cool

Do what you want. Why do you feel you have to get stupidly wasted every weekend?

Someone i was on a work experience placement said something to me which really stuck. She said that most of her Uni friends only get stupidly drunk because, as they see it, there's nothing else to do. I have nothing at all against people getting stupidly drunk if that's what they want to do but if they feel they have to for whatever reason then it does kinda disappoint me.
Old 9th May 2007, 10:47

Take copious amounts of drugs and dribble the night away?? No, seriously, it is a difficult one, especially if that is how you have spent your weekends for years...I just try and do things I enjoy now which is being outside and going for walks...cooking dinner for people, watching movies with ppl, doing pub quizzes and ocassionally, doing work for the National Trust...yes, that's right...I am 70 years old!!I do still find it hard to get off my lazy depressed/SA/anxiety ridden miserable arse and do these things but find when I do, the feeling of calm and relief that I haven't acted like a neurotic, hyperactive monster the night before is such a lovely feeling.What about gigs and art galleries and stuff? or some alternative outdoor activity...one that's a bit different and you could get stuck into...like wake boarding or something? I dunno, probably talking b*ollocks. Good luck with it though. :-)
Old 9th May 2007, 12:49

^ Lol, thought you ment the 70 years old bit there until I looked at your profile.
Closed Thread