SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 5th April 2018, 05:48
Banned

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

I don't want to go to work today
Gonna be on edge Everytime the phone rings. I just want to be left alone
Old 5th April 2018, 05:54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sidious
These things happen don't be so hard on yourself, I hope it doesnt come to a disciplinary for you.
Thanks Darth.
Old 5th April 2018, 06:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna
I don't want to go to work today
Gonna be on edge Everytime the phone rings. I just want to be left alone
I hope everything works out for you.
Old 5th April 2018, 12:22

^ Thanks Jinny xx He is in a lot of pain at the moment but hopefully it will heal quickly.
Old 5th April 2018, 12:45

I feel awful. Today is my day off work and the person who was covering my shop today sent me a text at 6:20am saying she was sick. I didn't see it until after 10 and so called my boss. She said no one else could go in but left it to be my choice. I decided not to go in but now I feel terrible that we are going to lose money and be down on budget. Plus the volunteers who were coming in will find a closed shop. I feel guilty about it but annoyed at myself for feeling guilty about it. I had such a shit day yesterday I didn't want to go in, I wanted to relax. Now I can't even relax so maybe I should have just gone in.
Old 5th April 2018, 15:18
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^^Hope your son feels better soon Muggins
Old 5th April 2018, 15:27
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Exhausted. Cancelled volunteering so I could get up to MIND and see the advocate. Spent 2 and 1/2 hours writing out my mandatory reconsideration with him which meant dredging up my issues . He's a nice bloke though which helps.
Got home to find the postman had again left a parcel at no 43 again this is the lady/neighbour that invited me round for a cup of tea recently. So went and tapped on her door. She is very nice to be fair and I learnt she suffers from agoraphobia and depression and takes Lithium of all things. It did wear me out though - not because of her but because I'd already spent 2 and 1/2 hours of intensive emotive conversation elsewhere.

I have cracked out the cupcakes, it's one of those afternoons.
Old 5th April 2018, 17:13

^I would always find those kind of sessions exhausting too. That's good of you to spend some time with your neighbour even though you were drained, she sounds lonely.

I'm trying to work through a few feelings right now. The way I felt today about skipping work unsettled me. I shouldn't have felt so guilty about something that wasn't my fault. I guess I just didn't want to do anything that would make me seems like I'm doing less than I should. Although I work really hard in the shop I don't get as involved with the rest of the company as others do. So I didn't want to diminish the one thing I'm actually good at. I just couldn't bring myself to cover someone else's shift with no notice though. I was wearing sweatpants for pizzas sake.
Also I've been missing family a lot lately, even before mum got sick. Living here with my oh's family is... challenging. Ok terrible. I'd love to move out but it's impossible here to afford anywhere.

Putting all that in words was helpful. Thank you forum.
Old 5th April 2018, 18:19
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ Thanks Yeah I think she is.
Old 5th April 2018, 19:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
^^Hope your son feels better soon Muggins
Thanks Mo, that’s kind of you
He is on a school trip in another country suffering from very severe sunburn to the face (despite packing Factor 50 suncream) so I feel so utterly helpless at the moment

It sounds like you’ve had a busy and rather stressful day Mo, so I think you’ve earned yourself a cupcake or three
Old 5th April 2018, 19:47
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggins
Thanks Mo, that’s kind of you
He is on a school trip in another country suffering from very severe sunburn to the face (despite packing Factor 50 suncream) so I feel so utterly helpless at the moment

It sounds like you’ve had a busy and rather stressful day Mo, so I think you’ve earned yourself a cupcake or three
Sounds horrible. It must be hard being so far away from him.

Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 23:53

Mood
Sneaky

aw am in such a good mood

i wish you could all have a wee taste of this

maybe lick the moisture from like...somewhere innocuous like my forehead, get some o dem hormones n nootropics right off my face

srsly guys its so nice to feel nice i give no fcks whatsoever

not that im trying to trick you all into licking my gesicht

but seriously to all intense porpoises i should be considered to be like some really nice drugs rite now like a codiene tablet with "nirvana" etched into it

seriously yo lick my face
Old 6th April 2018, 00:16

I really hate feeling emotions so intensely sometimes. I bet my boyfriend doesn't lie awake at night with stomach cramps because he loves me so much.
Old 6th April 2018, 02:01

I said goodbye to my ex tonight, she had moved on and I hadn't. There were many issues, hers and mine. I could have been better at listening and made more of an effort to enjoy what she liked. She wasn't happy a lot of the time and I shouldered more than my fair share of her problems because I loved her but I found myself explaining her actions and her intentions with other people. She felt I eroded the trust in our relationship by not cleaning up or doing something else she asked me to do. I always felt like I went along with things or I was treading on eggshells to avoid an argument with her because I wanted to be a good boyfriend. I started avoiding fights but towards the end I would try to set small boundaries and she would steamroller them. She has left me with a great deal of things to work through about myself and my own nature within relationships.
Old 6th April 2018, 05:20

Quote:
Sounds horrible. It must be hard being so far away from him.

Thanks
Thanks Mo x

Yep, it’s awful being so far away. I know I packed everything (including Factor 50 suncream AND Sudocreme thank god) but I can’t help feeling that it’s somehow my fault that he has gotten so badly burnt on his face. I mean as a mother you're meant to protect your child from this sort of thing arn’t you? It’s ultimately my job not the teachers on the trip
I’ve got myself into an absolute terrible state because I’ve been searching on google (BIG mistake) and have read that the scars from blistering can take 6 to 12 months to fade and then there’s the damaged skin that can become cancerous in the future

I’m beside myself with worry although I’m sure some people would think I’m a neurotic mother overreacting

Please don’t quote
Old 6th April 2018, 05:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo_endo
I said goodbye to my ex tonight, she had moved on and I hadn't. There were many issues, hers and mine. I could have been better at listening and made more of an effort to enjoy what she liked. She wasn't happy a lot of the time and I shouldered more than my fair share of her problems because I loved her but I found myself explaining her actions and her intentions with other people. She felt I eroded the trust in our relationship by not cleaning up or doing something else she asked me to do. I always felt like I went along with things or I was treading on eggshells to avoid an argument with her because I wanted to be a good boyfriend. I started avoiding fights but towards the end I would try to set small boundaries and she would steamroller them. She has left me with a great deal of things to work through about myself and my own nature within relationships.
Sorry to hear about the ending of your relationship endo_endo Whatever the reasons, and whoever instigated it, it***8217;s never easy saying goodbye to someone you once shared some happy times with and possibly still have feelings for. Sometimes it***8217;s healthier for both people to go their separate ways though. Although you may be hurting at the moment time heals a broken heart and as Biscuits says, endings can lead to nice new beginnings

Take care
Old 6th April 2018, 07:54

Sorry you broke up endo. Relationships can be a minefield.

I'm feeling increasing dread heading into work. I don't know how to get back to happy. I'm sure I was happy. Maybe I shouldn't have been. Maybe that was the problem. People aren't supposed to enjoy work, that's a rule right? All I want to do is sleep.
Old 6th April 2018, 15:16

Mood
Shoveit

^ hope you feel brighter soon tubbs

@ muggins- I'm sorry to hear you're son isn't well. It must be very very hard to know something's happened to a child when you can't be there in person and I think that's a very normal response, though google isn't always the best thing in these situations. I hope he recovers soon. Take care
Old 6th April 2018, 15:26

I feel really anxious at the moment . Things keep going wrong with my car which doesn't help.
Old 6th April 2018, 15:54
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

@Muggins I think you have done everything that you could as a mum, as you said you packed sun cream. Your son is currently in the care of his teachers - so it is their responsibility because he is far away from home. Hope he (and you) feels better soon
Old 6th April 2018, 16:03
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Kerknacked. Full on day at sanctuary, really short of ppl, though not as bad as yesterday apparently.

Got myself in a right state (anxiety) waiting for advocates email with my typed up MR attached. He had said by 2 o clock but I couldn't help worrying that he would forget. Got home and email arrived then had to leg it down to P/O to send by registered guaranteed next day delivery (My MR deadline is the 7th) £10.80!!!!!! as there is an extra charge for a Saturday delivery. Still it's done atleast. Now just the wait for what the ass holes come up with to counter my MR, evidence and copy of assessment complaint.
Old 6th April 2018, 21:24

Mood
Shoveit

Pretty low this eve.
Old 6th April 2018, 21:28
Banned at own request

^

huh, what, no hang on, feckit, one wrong click and the cats out of the bag
Old 6th April 2018, 21:28
Banned at own request

^^ there, I meant that one.
Old 6th April 2018, 21:37
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Miggs. Hope you mood lifts.
Old 6th April 2018, 21:37

Mood
Shoveit

^ thanks flumps ( mistake on purpose )
Old 6th April 2018, 22:38

Thanks for your kind words Miggs and Mo

I cried and cried earlier but can’t say I feel any better for it. I’m just so desperately worried
Old 6th April 2018, 23:17

Mood
Shoveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sidious
^^^Hope it passes quickly mr migglesworth
Quote:
Miggs. Hope you mood lifts.
thanks guys
Old 7th April 2018, 00:39

@ Biscuits - he is due back sometime tomorrow (Saturday) after a 22 hour coach journey! He is in a lot of pain so I can’t wait for him to be back so I can take care of him and get medical help if necessary. Thanks so much for your kind words Biscuits, it especially means a lot right now, you are a lovely lady
Old 7th April 2018, 15:12

Mood
Shoveit

^^ hope you're okay Charlotte feelings are temporary.

Bit shite. Felt okay yesterday now my throats a bit sore and my heads foggy. Damn it.