SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 29th September 2018, 23:09

Default sertraline

Hello, I’m new to this. I’m currently having a very horrible time, I have been on sertraline for nearly 2 years now. I have been ill with the flu and my anxiety has gotten so bad, anyone know ways to calm down. Running out of ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30th September 2018, 02:28

Mood
Relaxed

Default Re: sertraline

Hey, welcome to the site, nice to have you aboard.

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time. I've not tried many meds for my anxiety and don't really have any coping methods other than trying to hide away from life.

Hopefully someone here can help you out with some good advice and things get better for you soon.
Old 30th September 2018, 02:42

Hi jasminelouise. I've been on sertraline since April this year, and it has made some positive difference to me. If sertraline is not working for you, perhaps approach your GP and get an alternative. Or try and get out into Nature for a while. You don't have to have any interaction with people. A walk in the park, a hike - it's been proven that Nature therapy works for many people.
Old 30th September 2018, 23:50

I was on Sertraline from Nov '17 to earlier this month. It wasn't doing much for me, so my doctor suggested I try another medication. I'm on Fluoxetine now. It's another SSRI, so I'm sceptical, but we'll see what happens. I really wanted to try an SSNRI (?) instead, though.

Sent from my KFAUWI using Tapatalk