SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 5th May 2021, 11:43
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Default I'm crap at a lot ofthings

Saying that is seen as far more acceptable than showing the very few things you’re good at.
Old 5th May 2021, 13:02

Mood
Lucky

Default Re: I'm crap at a lot ofthings

I think it's permitted to say you are crap at a lot of thing while also being good at a few things (without mentioning that you are good at those things but making it clear that you are good at them).

Genuinely being crap at a lot of thing probably isn't a good look.
Old 10th May 2021, 10:26
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Default Re: I'm crap at a lot ofthings

I'm not someone with a lot of mental stamina, though I am trying to work on it. I've tended to go into defeatist mode if an answer/solution to something doesn't come quickly to me . At public school I was not naturally good at science subjects, so made little effort at them. I didn't take any science O levels.

NTs tend to be uniformly good or bad at things.Those who are ND tend to have relative strengths and weaknesses. That is very much the case with me. I'm crap when it comes to practical/technical things to do with daily living.

On the other hand I'm a member of several high IQ societies due to my verbal intelligence. Being on those is far more a case of vanity than them having any practical value. It's a way of trying to convince myself I'm not useless at everything.

There's a great deal of vanity also in being pleased that I'm listed higher on the World genius directory (best proctored & high range IQ test results) than several highly skilled Drs.