SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 21st June 2007, 02:01

Default Feeing Good.

I had a problem for year's of not really likeing myself and alot of the time i could'nt even look in the mirror. I tryed to look for happiness outside of myself with things like, better job, more money, nice car, etc, etc, and none of it worked. I then desided that the only way to find real contentment was to look inside of myself and learn to be my own best friend. I had to love, trust, and care for myself the same has i did my family and friends.

Having low self esteem comes from thoughts and feelings, and sometimes our thoughts and feeling are stronger and more powerfull then we are. So our thoughts and feeling are the first thing we have to challenge. Easyer said then done, i no. But we have to take responsibilty for our feeling.

Most of us people have something we don't like about ourself, so we try and change it. If we can't change it we have to accept it. Don't beat yourself up with negative self talk. Instead, encourage yourself with posative self talk and feedback, you will feel loads better about yourself, it just takes time. Don't but youself down, lift yourself up.

Think of all the small things you have been putting off and go out there and just do them. Then tell yourself you did well, reward yourself with something, and pat yourself on the back. Setting small goals like (cleaning the house, anything?) gives me a small boost and proves that i'm more incharge of myself.

Get to no yourself if you don't allready. Learn who you really are inside and write down your thought describing who you are. Knowing yourself is one way to find happiness with yourself and is a good way to succeed.

Peace.
Old 21st June 2007, 03:58

Default Re: Feeing Good.

Great post
Old 21st June 2007, 07:27

That's awesome.

i think you're right, and the truth you came across is simple but incredibly powerful.
Old 21st June 2007, 09:53

true. self esteem is the key for me. there is no doubt in life that you must above all learn to like and accept yourself. this is absolutely the most important thing in the quest for happiness.

First you must KNOW YOURSELF: i.e you must build up a realistic and objective sense of self (not too critical, but also not too inflated and unrealistic- that is not self esteem but overcompensation). In other words you must be clear who you really are

then LIKE AND ACCEPT THIS REAL YOU

and finally BE this real you.

It sounds simple, and it is, but it can literally take a lifetime to achieve. That is why I hate the new agey type bullshit and many self styled gurus who claim to have 'the answer' and to be able to make it all better over night.

this is the tragedy of life: just as you get the hang of it it is too late
Old 21st June 2007, 12:39

Mood
Tired

Hi Cellardweller

Excellent post, thank you for sharing I agree with everything you wrote. As hard as it may seem to be, self-esteem and everything beyond begins within yourself, not what is happening (or not happening!) outside.

Keep posting your thoughts Cellardweller, they are inspiring!

Kevin
Old 22nd June 2007, 20:21

Thanks
Closed Thread