SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 1st June 2007, 11:37

Default Re: The truth

"There is a theory that people who suffer from depression do so for reasons relating to Natural selection. Their depression is designed to ensure that these people 'know their place' and realise that they are not destined for anything great. It 'saves' them from foolish efforts."

Oooh No - I don't agree with that theory! There's loads of people with depression who've gone on to achieve amazing things, or just led a v full life and helped others. Winston Churchill had depression and became prime minister, Robbie Williams - household name, Stephen Fry - loads of stuff, not to mention the Harry Potter audiobooks!! Then there's folk I know personally... And the fact that folk who've overcome depression or live with it have determination, guts, perserverence... all which are excellent things to pass on to the next generation.

"The truth is that some of us are just pathetic wastes of space with no redeeming qualities at all and are doomed to failure.That is the truth."

I think that everyone has some good somewhere within them and something they're good at. I also don't think anyone is doomed to failure, although some folks have a harder struggle to not fail than others.

I also agree with innerspace - by thinking that it becomes the subjective truth rather than the actual truth. Just like someone with anorexia - they see themselves as fat and ugly - it's the complete truth to them; but other people see them as someone who's lost too much weight and a beautiful person that is staving themselves. You might see yourself as a failure and a waste of space, but I'm sure people who know you see many positive qualities of you that you just simply don't see.

Hope you're feeling happier.
Old 1st June 2007, 12:29

Hope you're feeling better Fugmaster.
Old 1st June 2007, 15:23

why do people post that kind of stuff?

its bullshit.

how can u rate who is worthwhile or not?

who has the most money?

who has the fittest partner?

who has the biggest dick?

i mean, seriously, how are u going to divide up people into worthwhile and worthless, not just at any given moment, but for all time?

that implies you know precisely why we are on this planet, the meaning of existence.

try just accepting yourself, however shit you think you are, you are who you are.

the amazing thing about being a human, why buddhists consider it an extremely auspicious way to be re-born, is you have the power to change your mind, your thoughts, your reality.

try doing that. and stop complaining so much.
Closed Thread