SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 16th December 2005, 16:26
Banned (by own request)

Default Re: Evidence of "NORMAL" outside of SA UK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner
I am getting over the "normals" issue now, however I stumbled across this profile on a date site.

Yes, its a request for a "normal" guy and wondered what context this would be in?
You could use the word 'normal', and you could get away with it. As Hardy says, it roughly equates to 'average'.

What's average? Well, it usually means boring doesn't it?

We all look for people with similar common interests, and in her profile, this girl clearly stated some popular interests (football, drinking, etc). That's all fair enough, you probably want to meet people with similar interests to yourself.

But, never get yourself bogged down in what other people want. If I were to write a similar profile, I certainly wouldn't be looking for anything 'normal', it just doesn't appeal to me. Who wants to be average? I'd rather be a freak at the very least it's something a little different, which in my definition of things roughly equates to interesting.

Some people want to meet 'average' people. Some people want to meet unique and interesting people. Some people even want to meet horrible and evil people, while others yearn to meet imaginary people...

There's something there for everyone, don't go changing who you are to please others, you'll just bring yourself further down. If you're going to change anything, do it for yourself.

Quote:
I do reckon that "not having any Haribo for a long time...." may be a reference to anal action.
Old 16th December 2005, 18:45

[QUOTE=Ancient Mariner]

This thread is comprised of three posts and the very last one is a gem because it confirms how even the "normals" themselves see a divide between normal and non-normal.

QUOTE]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Old 16th December 2005, 18:52

Mood
Crappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worker101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner

This thread is comprised of three posts and the very last one is a gem because it confirms how even the "normals" themselves see a divide between normal and non-normal.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Closed Thread