Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 20th April 2014, 10:14

Mood
Alienated

Default Worst TV show Ever

What is the worst tv show you have ever had the misfortune to watch

For me it has to be the recent - That Puppet Game Show, nothing i have ever seen comes close to how bad that was and i've seen some crap over the years
Old 20th April 2014, 11:18

Mood
Tired

Default Re: Worst TV show Ever

Deal Or No Deal. I'd hardly classify it as a 'game show'. It's simply a game of luck, dressed up with sob stories and occasionally fancy dress.
Old 20th April 2014, 11:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entity
Deal Or No Deal. I'd hardly classify it as a 'game show'. It's simply a game of luck, dressed up with sob stories and occasionally fancy dress.
This.
Old 20th April 2014, 11:30

I Love My Country was bad. It was a celebrity panel show with a weird nationalist tone. Jamelia was stood on a balcony every episode singing snippets from popular British songs at random intervals. Also Ben Elton's last sitcom was atrocious. It looked as though someone had tried to copy the show that Ricky Gervais's character in Extras creates without realising that it was a parody of a bad sitcom. I didn't watch it through to the end but I half expected a revelation that the whole thing was some post modern joke that went too far.
Old 20th April 2014, 11:35

Quote:
I have an idea for a game show. It's called coin toss. Basically at the beginning of the show they introduce the contestant. They then spend an hour interviewing them, their friends and family, getting all the sob stories and amusing anecdotes they can, giving the viewer the chance to decide if they're worthy of a big cash prize. Then at the end it's decided completely at random if they get one or not. Guaranteed hit if other current shows are anything to go by.
Old 20th April 2014, 11:54

I can't stand X Factor or Britain's Got Talent. In order to get to the point where they see the main judges, they have to go through several stages where they are judged whether they should see the main judges (the bit we see on TV). It's obvious then that some of the acts were consciously put there for ridicule, as they have no talent whatsoever. They just drag out the 'nutters' in order to induce ridicule and contempt for frivolous amusement.
Old 20th April 2014, 11:55
Banned at own request

embarrasing bodies, flicking through the channels last night and now i need brain bleach, doc wotsit had ten blokes sat on chairs round in a circle all examining their nuts with close up shots. wtf why do we need to have that on tv.

tv to me now seems to just be freak show specials too fat too skinny to poor too rich to many heads too many legs.

as for game shows like deal or no deal if there is ever a zombie apocalypse i'm going after edmunds with an axe but i reckon there'll be a queue.

don't really watch anything on tv any more just the odd car programme or quest on in the background.
Old 20th April 2014, 12:43
Banned

Mood
Scared

Quote:
I could never understand its popularity and why its lasted so long.

My Family
Old 20th April 2014, 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Huntsbach
I have an idea for a game show. It's called coin toss. Basically at the beginning of the show they introduce the contestant. They then spend an hour interviewing them, their friends and family, getting all the sob stories and amusing anecdotes they can, giving the viewer the chance to decide if they're worthy of a big cash prize. Then at the end it's decided completely at random if they get one or not. Guaranteed hit if other current shows are anything to go by.
And just like Deal or No Deal, the contestants are bound to be tossers.
Old 20th April 2014, 13:12

Mood
Blah

Quote:
I find it's a lot more fun if you watch it and hope they lose horribly

What's up with Noel's beard? it looks kinda fake or drawn on.
Old 20th April 2014, 13:18

Mood
Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG
embarrasing bodies, flicking through the channels last night and now i need brain bleach, doc wotsit had ten blokes sat on chairs round in a circle all examining their nuts with close up shots. wtf why do we need to have that on tv.
That show is awesome What I've never understood though, is how these people are supposedly too shy to go to private 1 on 1 meeting with a doctor to show their condition, yet have no problem showing the entire nation at prime time
Old 20th April 2014, 13:55

Mood
Dreaming

Strictly Come Dancing. I can't physically cope being in the room when that is on.
Slightly behind that I'd put other reality shows, especially all those Made In Chelsea type shows and 'talent' shows.
Also soaps, especially Hollyoaks. And as someone else said, generally anything on ITV.
Old 20th April 2014, 22:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey
What I've never understood though, is how these people are supposedly too shy to go to private 1 on 1 meeting with a doctor to show their condition, yet have no problem showing the entire nation at prime time
I think it's because if the treatment they need is for cosmetic reasons or they can't get it done on the NHS the makers of Embarrassing Bodies apparently pay for the treatment.
Old 20th April 2014, 22:35

There's a tv show on channel 4 where they stick a camera in a club toilets. Channel 4's fried chicken shop show was a crap idea, but I lost faith in channel 4 after they made the club toilets show.
Old 20th April 2014, 23:41

Mood
Musical

BBC3's Coming of Age was pretty atrocious. Think Two Pints of Lager, only even more infantile. The attempted gags were bad enough but I don't think I've ever seen a more insufferable cast in any other TV programme. The most annoying thing is that this shite got two series when Biffovision didn't get beyond the pilot episode. For that alone, BBC3 deserves to disappear down the plughole of TV history.
Old 21st April 2014, 00:13

Mood
Sad

Take me out - just awful.
Deal or no deal.
Old 21st April 2014, 12:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surelynot
Oh, and Doctor ****ing Who.
Noooooooo!!!!!!!
Old 21st April 2014, 13:36

Mood
Lurking

There are a lot of rubbish (in my view) TV programmes, but if I had to pick one as the worst that I've seen, it would have to be "All About Me", which was on BBC 1 some time ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_About_Me
Old 21st April 2014, 13:45
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyingGravity
Noooooooo!!!!!!!
Yesssssssss!

Mine would be Secret Eaters.....just amazing I'm also really disliking The Chase atm. I find it annoying how the chasers clearly get answers wrong on purpose to try and liven the show up.
Old 21st April 2014, 16:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith of Coffeeville
Yesssssssss!
Old 21st April 2014, 16:26
Global Moderator

Old 21st April 2014, 16:28

^ Not gonna work
Old 21st April 2014, 20:48

Mood
Balanced

Quote:
I can't stand Deal Or No Deal, mostly because of Noel Edmonds and how punchable he is, but also because everyone takes the game so seriously. As you say it's all down to luck, so it's annoying when Noel says "you've used a brilliant strategy" or some bullshit like that. It's nothing to do with strategy, all they're doing is picking some random numbers!

The worst one I can think of that hasn't already been mentioned is the "sitcom" Mom, starring Anna Faris. Had a quick look on IMDB, and was surprised to see that not only does it have a rating of 7/10, it managed to get commissioned for a second series!
Old 22nd April 2014, 00:40

Mood
Alienated

A lot of the terrible shows I dislike have already been mentioned, but I shall add another...

How I Met Your Mother.
Old 22nd April 2014, 02:39

Mood
Balanced

Well there are shows I personally don't like too much but that I have to begrudgingly say are well made for what they are and what they are aiming to achieve. Shows like Top Gear and X Factor and Britain's Got Talent and Deal or No Deal and Doctor Who. I don't watch them but you have to give them credit for how effectively they are put together. I mean, the producers of X Factor and BGT are masters of manipulation who command huge audiences so they can't really be the worst shows ever.

The truly crappest shows have probably not been seen by anyone and are long forgotten.

I would nominate a couple of Chris Evan's shows: OFI Sunday, in which he tried to recreate his success of TFI Friday but failed dismally; and Famous and Fearless, of which I watched one episode, which featured Jack Osbourne commentating while Jenny Frost from Atomic Kitten and Rufus Hound from arseholes drove very slowly around an indoor go-kart track. This from a show that was supposed to feature celebrities doing death-defying stunts.

Also anything recent written by Ben Elton. The Wright Way - I managed about 5 minutes of that one. Is it really the same guy who wrote Blackadder?

Naked Jungle - featuring Keith Chegwin's willy.

Also I will tell you what is shit: Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones, and Family Guy. No only kidding. Only 1 of those is shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Huntsbach
They already did that show. It was called "Heads or Tails" and was on Channel 5 in 2009, hosted by Justin Lee Collins. I watched about ten minutes of the first episode before becoming overwhelmed with revulsion.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/heads-or-tails
Old 26th April 2014, 20:18

Mood
Balanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof
Jeremy Kyle show

One born every minute

Top Gear
These three shows have something in common: they all feature a lot of *****.

begins with c, you figure out the rest
Old 26th April 2014, 20:59

Mood
Breezy

Red or black
Heads or tails with justin lee collins

Ahh both of those suck so bad specially heads or tails lol
Old 26th April 2014, 21:32

-Celebrity Juice - or anything with Keith Lemon for that matter.

-The Royle Family.

-The Americanised version of The Inbetweeners - tried watching an episode once and it was just awful.

-Red Dwarf - I know plenty of people will disagree with this; but I can't stand it.

-Family Guy.
Old 26th April 2014, 21:34

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1w2e
-Celebrity Juice - or anything with Keith Lemon for that matter.

-Family Guy.
nuuuu! there both awsome lol
Old 26th April 2014, 22:26
Global Moderator

I remember the minipops Pretty sure the group was revived several times in the 80's.

Talking of the 80's, how about Strike it lucky? That was a truly horrible show And a billion sit-coms too...the upper hand?