SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 8th January 2012, 14:06

Mood
Spaced

Default Re: Do you consider yourself attractive & sexually desirable to the opposite sex?

aw that's a nice analogy, i like it

me and my boyfriend's relationship is like a stinky old pair of well loved converse with all the stitching coming away.
Old 8th January 2012, 14:25

Mood
Breezy

Default Re: Do you consider yourself attractive & sexually desirable to the opposite sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_paradox
You really think you can determine a women's interest in you, and your suitability as a match, based on her questioning of your employment history?

Do you really think women are that shallow?
Some are and some aren't. Asking about someone's in depth employment history in the way that Defiance describes is a prime example. And that's up to you if you think that's 'shallow'. To some people it's a legitimate concern. Maybe they've had lots of failed relationships because they are that sort of career orientated type and they don't think it's a good match or maybe they are simply shallow gold diggers.

Quote:
In Defiance's world, women are a commodity to be rated on a 1-10 scale, judged by their appearance, fashion sense, body language and line of questioning.
If you actually took the time to read and digest his posts you'd know that wasn't true because it's pretty apparent he is looking for something more serious and he's said many times that personality makes a big difference.

Quote:
In one of his previous posts in this very thread, he describes a girl who seemed scared of him after he approached. And he wonders why?!
I took from that because he's a young black male who is being stereotyped as a player when he acts a bit more confident. What's to wonder about? Defiance can correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Treat women as human beings, not objects. Dating isn't a science.
Well if you understood anything about PUA you'd know it's very much about treating women as human beings. The whole point is that a lot of guys go wrong because they put women on pedestals instead of relating to them as human beings. If it takes a logical reasoned approach by using science to get these guys to be able to change their bad habits then what's the harm as long they aren't hurting anyone in the process?

It's pretty obvious you have some warped ignorant view of PUA and what it entails. Next time why don't you actually spell out your specific criticisms rather than just typing some trite mindless insult?
Old 8th January 2012, 14:26

Mood
Balanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlien
Where can we find this hot 18-year-olds who are easily impressed?
You're local sixth form college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammmy
Look for TOWIE/Made In Chelsea forums. There are probably girls on there that are impressed by shiny tin foil. Use some to lure them back to yours.
Yes. Yes. See everyone, Sammmy gets it.
Old 8th January 2012, 14:33

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Not people, women. To PUAs and Sargers, ALL women are the same. You wouldn't regard members of your own gender as all the same, would you?
More complete crap! Absolutely not! If a PUA'er treated every woman as the same they would get absolutely no where!

This seems to be a very commonly propagated myth about PUA
Old 8th January 2012, 14:47

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance
i'd rather say i was unemployed then tell a girl i was interested in that i was working in fast food lol.
Actually a mutual friend used to purposefully tell girls that he worked in McD's or KFC and his job was to put the cheese on top of the burgers. He had an ok job but used this for a laugh. The girls would ask him and he'd drop this and they'd laugh while trying figure out if he was serious. And if they asked again he'd stick to it. It worked really well and always got a good reaction. Exaggerate and make it comical. Tell em you have to stick the sesame seeds on the big macs with tweezers or something

Incidentally the job/employment questions never came up again and often it would become a running in joke. If you get a woman that turns her nose up at that then she obviously has no sense of humour so that's no loss.
Old 8th January 2012, 14:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthieroo
hmm still not too sure don't spose you could be more specific could you?
Errr, I guess it's sort of like a field being ploughed too often and too roughly with a machine that is too large. It's never quite the same again.
Old 8th January 2012, 15:18

Mood
Alienated

these analogies amuse me, i shall now pretend i dont have a clue what your on about so you have to keep thinking more up!

-anyway

it seems in my recent hibernation ive returned to 5 pages of if you dont have a job thats another minus point to being less desirable (scribbles down on paper)

I suppose if a woman is looking for a proper relationship, something that they want to last for years then i guess its nice to know about potential partners career/job status....however ive never ever considered it myself, if i was interested in a girl i wouldnt care if she was unemployed either (well unless she was proud of scrounging...) , i think for me i would currently say im doing some freelance design work...while looking for a job (which is true tbh, although ive worked out im on about 10 pence an hour so if they are gold diggers they came to the wrong place )

also easily impressed 18yr olds..local college , right! what do i do, flash them my JSA papers? my learner drivers licence? or perhaps my very low limit/very hammered credit card?

tho honesty, although i guess it makes sense, the fact some people out there consider jobs such a huge thing (actually..the woman i used to work with who was obsessed with money ditched her ex because he was only on 16k a year..so yeah) well they are not the people i want to be with!..bloody..harsh though
Old 8th January 2012, 15:35

I'm in the fat , balding , bad teeth category . Still they say that personality counts for something . I hope so .
Old 8th January 2012, 16:19

Mood
Scared

wizard sleeve

'The inner labia of a vagina that protrude well beyond the outer labia. So called because they are large and stretchy and flap in the wind like the silken sleeve of a wizard's garments. The presence of a wizard sleeve gives the vulva an appearance quite different than a coin slot and usually means the vagina is not a peach.
I went down on her, which was nice, but her freakin' wizard sleeve kept getting in the way!' - urban dictionary

I have a problem with the use of such references on this forum. This is supposed to be a supportive forum where we can discuss our anxieties, many of which concern body image issues, not a place where people carelessly use cruel slang that pokes fun at perfectly normal body shapes and sizes It is a sad, sad world where women need to worry if their labia are the right length or not
Old 8th January 2012, 17:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabbywitch
wizard sleeve

'The inner labia of a vagina that protrude well beyond the outer labia. So called because they are large and stretchy and flap in the wind like the silken sleeve of a wizard's garments. The presence of a wizard sleeve gives the vulva an appearance quite different than a coin slot and usually means the vagina is not a peach.
I went down on her, which was nice, but her freakin' wizard sleeve kept getting in the way!' - urban dictionary

I have a problem with the use of such references on this forum. This is supposed to be a supportive forum where we can discuss our anxieties, many of which concern body image issues, not a place where people carelessly use cruel slang that pokes fun at perfectly normal body shapes and sizes It is a sad, sad world where women need to worry if their labia are the right length or not
I remember watching a documentary in disbelief, it was about some silly boot getting surgery to get hers reduced
Apparently her friends teased her about it. Do many girlfriends show each other their pussies then ?
Old 8th January 2012, 17:14

I am very sorry If I offended anybody, it was merely a throw away remark and a joke about Harry Potter which went a little too far. The last thing I meant to do was upset anybody.
Old 8th January 2012, 17:53

Mood
Alienated

i was under the impression it wasnt used as a way to describe someone with perhaps "different" shaped..bits

more a joke term used on someone whos well..been round the block a bit lets say
Old 8th January 2012, 18:05

Tsk, who do they think they are bothering the beautiful people.
Old 8th January 2012, 18:11

It was.
But then again not everyone thinks in terms of stereotype attractiveness.
Old 8th January 2012, 19:20

Mood
Spaced

Quote:
=PaloAlto;1418366

Oh, I wasn't saying you had, just saying a lot of people do. I don't mean it in a particularly shallow way, but for example, older men messaging young women and expecting to get somewhere.
well, i'm only interested in older men. any guy under 30 messaging me would probably be wasting his time..
Old 8th January 2012, 19:25

Mood
Spaced

i should have started with"if i was single.." :P
Old 8th January 2012, 19:27

Mood
Spaced

lol the point i was trying to make anyway is that everybody digs different things, and don't think that you're a thing they will not dig. you never know your luck.
Old 8th January 2012, 19:34

Mood
Spaced

haha
Old 8th January 2012, 19:35
Banned

It's true that on dating sites older guys message much younger girls who aren't interested. I remember dating girls in their 20s and they all said that even though they might have their limit set at say maximum 30 odd (on their profile) they'd still get a shed load of unwanted messages from guys 40 to 50 plus.
Old 8th January 2012, 19:46

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark101
I do try messaging them but just get no replies,i recently got chatting with a woman on an app.She exclaimed how it was nice to chat with a normal person,i said that i wasn't everyone's idea of normal and gave her a brief lowdown on my SA/AvPD and depression.She said she didn't care and that i'm lovely,that was four days ago and she's not spoken since.
Don't take it badly mate. It's a very very common experience for the average guy (regardless of SA) on internet dating sites. You have to realise that you are 1 in a 100 guys chasing one woman. To be frank internet dating sites are useless for men, just imho obviously
Old 8th January 2012, 19:48

A 50 year old winning the lottery would certainly get a lot of attention from under 30s
Old 8th January 2012, 19:53

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAlto
Oh, I wasn't saying you had, just saying a lot of people do. I don't mean it in a particularly shallow way, but for example, older men messaging young women and expecting to get somewhere.
tbh I don't think they expect to get anywhere, they just live in hope and don't really care. And some younger women will date older men, so maybe that's another reason they chance their arm?
Old 8th January 2012, 20:01

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
I could believe that! I've had married men in their 40s messaging me on social networking sites, when I'm not looking for anyone, and thinking just because they are interested in me that I have to requite it It seems to be very common on Twitter.
Yeah well that about sums it up! They don't care, they are just trying to act out some little fantasy thing. They see the Ronnie Woods of this world hooking up with 19 year old cocktail waitresses and they want a bit for themselves! It's so easy to do on the internet.
Old 8th January 2012, 20:06

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
They do care, otherwise they wouldn't get so p'd when rejected. They are chancing their arm, perhaps thinking if they bother enough women then the chances are one might be interested. Some just do it for an 'internet thing' too, not expecting anything to happen in real life.
Don't know about that. Depends how they get rejected too. If someone's rude to you then I could see that being a factor, and maybe they don't care but then their egos can't handle the rejection. It's happened to me before, I got rejected by someone I wasn't even really that into but it really bugged me in a 'How dare they!' sort of way. Stupid but then that's human nature
Old 8th January 2012, 21:01

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
If they truly didn't care, they wouldn't be affected by it, whatever the reason, they'd just move on to someone else. So they do care, to an extent.
Who's they? All older men who go after younger women? I'm sure plenty do move on to someone else, I'm sure many are going after as many as they can at once, mass emailing the same copy and paste message to each and every one within a 100 mile radius.

And your example was of married 40 year old men who contact you. Do you think they are after a long term relationship with you or a bit on the side? That's what I meant about don't care. They don't care about you as a person, they get annoyed (if they do) because they don't get what they want.
Old 8th January 2012, 21:20

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
They do, and obviously that's the case for most. But what I was saying is they do care, for whatever related reason, not that they care about their 'target'.
Ok I'll agree that they do care, but I guess we'll disagree on how much they do. I honestly don't think that the majority are all that bothered. I'm saying that because I know as I have myself got older I'm far less bothered by what others think of me and I always wondered why it was that naturists always seem to be wrinkly old people and came to the conclusion that they just don't care any more. Same with swingers
Old 8th January 2012, 21:27

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
I wasn't saying they care a particular lot (at all), just that they do care to an extent, and this varies.
So we agree!
Old 8th January 2012, 21:36

Mood
Thinking

Been reading this thread. Kind of find it anxiety provoking and not helpful at all. Just a thought!
Old 8th January 2012, 21:55

Mood
Thinking

I just find the whole thread anxiety provoking. The question it self is something I feel people with SA should avoid bigtime. I guess at the moment I am just trying to enjoy life and if someone notices me, or catches my eye then so be it. Having SA, of course I have anxieties but Im trying to focus on the ones I can influence and bin those I have no control over. Its a struggle I admit. Think I will postively avoid this thread from now on.
Old 8th January 2012, 22:12

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark101
Howdy mam
Are you one of them pick up artists?