SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 16th November 2016, 20:34

Default Re: Type what you're thinking about right now (11)

Whether I should get up early tomorrow and see if I'm up to going to work (don't feel much like I am at the moment).
Old 16th November 2016, 21:58
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

I'm sat here crying and mum doesn't even bother to ask what's up, she does however manage to give me the money to pick up her prescription tomorrow.
Nothing like a bit of support is there?
Old 16th November 2016, 22:55

Mood
Worried

^ sounds familiar thinking of you.

Thinking that I'm actually a shit cousin at the moment as I haven't been in touch at all since last Friday and we normally message every day or every other day
Old 16th November 2016, 23:32

This charger is really rubbish.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
Old 17th November 2016, 02:31

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle
Why? Just why? Why this?
What's up?
Old 17th November 2016, 05:35

I need to buy matcha green tea. How many man points do I lose? I must be about -280 by now.
Old 17th November 2016, 10:32
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

That I should have been named Henry, as I am a bigger sucker than a hoover
Old 17th November 2016, 10:54
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

I wish to god I had someone to talk to right now
Old 17th November 2016, 10:57

^ What's up D?
Old 17th November 2016, 11:33
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Every time it looks like my life is getting better, things are improving it turns round and kicks me right back down again, every single time, whether it's health or finances or in this case a potential relationship.
I just never seem to be able to make any progress and I really am losing the will to keep fighting.

All I ask for is someone who can accept me as me, I don't want millions of pounds or a flash car or big house, just someone I can be open and honest with and who cares, every time I do find someone who I get along with they're either taken or not who they seem to be.

I'm not a nasty person, I've never set out to hurt anyone yet all I seem to get is shit after shit, day in day out, it's almost as if life teases me with a little bit of hope and then says nah you're not having that!

I have no one to talk to properly about all this crap, I do have a few friends but the main form of contact is via texts, just to speak to a real person would be great.

I just hate this repetitive cycle of one step forward two steps back.
Old 17th November 2016, 13:08

Mood
Breezy

^ I really hope that things start to improve for you soon D and you meet someone who is as decent and caring as you are
Old 17th November 2016, 13:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1662
Every time it looks like my life is getting better, things are improving it turns round and kicks me right back down again, every single time, whether it's health or finances or in this case a potential relationship.
I just never seem to be able to make any progress and I really am losing the will to keep fighting.

All I ask for is someone who can accept me as me, I don't want millions of pounds or a flash car or big house, just someone I can be open and honest with and who cares, every time I do find someone who I get along with they're either taken or not who they seem to be.

I'm not a nasty person, I've never set out to hurt anyone yet all I seem to get is shit after shit, day in day out, it's almost as if life teases me with a little bit of hope and then says nah you're not having that!

I have no one to talk to properly about all this crap, I do have a few friends but the main form of contact is via texts, just to speak to a real person would be great.

I just hate this repetitive cycle of one step forward two steps back.

Sorry I'm a bit shit with advice.

Can you meet up with your friends at all?

Sounds like you have made progress recently, you're joined a dating site and had interest. It may not have worked out but you're tried and that's a big achievement. Next time may work out better, or the time after that.

Have you thought about attending that group you mentioned? (Was it a meet up one? May be misremembering)

Tiny steps of progress don't feel like anything at the time, but eventually they add up and you look back a year, or a few years, and stuff has changed. That's sort of how it I should for me anyway, it feels like I'm stuck and not making any movement, but if I look at how my life was five years ago so much has changed.
Old 17th November 2016, 13:42

Considering going back onto SSRI's because I've just got over a throat virus and I don't feel like I have control of my OCD anymore.

Counting/breathing and meditation only go so far. I would have to do that all day everyday to get any relief.

My doctor won't prescribe the paroxetine which is the only thing that worked last time. Is paroxetine no longer available?
Old 17th November 2016, 13:45

Mood
Balanced

^^^ don't give up..you're too good to give up..Fantastical is right..you've come further than you realize.
Old 17th November 2016, 14:39

Dungeon Bastards.
Old 17th November 2016, 14:39

Mood
Confused

^^^^^^ Easier said than done, but try not to look at everything as a step backwards. If you try and learn from what's happened then you'll always be moving forward.
Old 17th November 2016, 15:50

Mood
Confused

Thinking OMG. There is something wrong with me and I can actually see it now! Next step is to work out how to deal with it. Anyone no where the off switch is for the brain? Need to learn to reign it in A LOT
Old 17th November 2016, 16:56

What am I thinking about right now? That's easy... I'm off work tomorrow...! A three day weekend for me...!

I don't care if it's raining. I don't care if it's blowing a gale... I'm off and that's all that matters to me.

Oh yes... I forgot to mention... I'm also off next Friday too! I'm taking up my holiday allocation before the end of the year!

I know I could take off Monday's, which would be better but there's method in my madness. Friday's happen to be the busiest day of the week where I work and when we leave on Friday's, it's also clocking off time at the factory across the road. It usually takes me at least twice as long to get home on a Friday than any other working day.

Rarely do I feel happiness but having two short weeks in work has perked me up a little this week.
Old 17th November 2016, 17:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion10
Considering going back onto SSRI's because I've just got over a throat virus and I don't feel like I have control of my OCD anymore.

Counting/breathing and meditation only go so far. I would have to do that all day everyday to get any relief.

My doctor won't prescribe the paroxetine which is the only thing that worked last time. Is paroxetine no longer available?
I'm really sorry to hear that. I also have OCD and it completely overwhelmed me earlier this year. It got to the point where all I wanted to do was sleep constantly as it was the only way I could escape from my thoughts/switch my brain off.

Paroxetine should still be available though; I'm on it at the moment after deciding I really needed some sort of medication to help with the OCD earlier on this year so I don't know why the doctor wouldn't prescribe you any /: I hope you manage to get it sorted out.
Old 17th November 2016, 17:50
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I've agreed to go to a xmas lunch at one of the places I volunteer. Eek. Hope I'm doing the right thing by going. It's being paid for by someone as a 'gift' to the sanctuary for everyone who put's in time with the animals, which is quite nice. Hopefully it won't be a sa disaster :/
I'm viewing it as good exposure and also the 3 course meal is free
Old 17th November 2016, 19:25
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sidious
^^^^Sorry you're not getting support from your mum feel free to pm me if you need too.

Thinking about ideas for my comic strip, who will die and how it will end.
Thank you Darth Sidious

That doesn't sound like a very cheerful comic strip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.82
^ I really hope that things start to improve for you soon D and you meet someone who is as decent and caring as you are
Thank you Tim I wish it was as easy as it sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantastical

Sorry I'm a bit shit with advice.

Can you meet up with your friends at all?

Sounds like you have made progress recently, you're joined a dating site and had interest. It may not have worked out but you're tried and that's a big achievement. Next time may work out better, or the time after that.

Have you thought about attending that group you mentioned? (Was it a meet up one? May be misremembering)

Tiny steps of progress don't feel like anything at the time, but eventually they add up and you look back a year, or a few years, and stuff has changed. That's sort of how it I should for me anyway, it feels like I'm stuck and not making any movement, but if I look at how my life was five years ago so much has changed.
Thank you Fantastical
The few friends I do have are all miles away, one of them in Gibraltar atm (lucky sod) I have had a Whatsapp rant to a couple of them and now have a much clearer idea of what I need to do now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Treatment
^^^ don't give up..you're too good to give up..Fantastical is right..you've come further than you realize.
Thank you Silent Treatment
You also are far too good to give up, every time I suffer a setback it just seems to push me right back to the beginning and it keeps happening unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbyjay
^^^^^^ Easier said than done, but try not to look at everything as a step backwards. If you try and learn from what's happened then you'll always be moving forward.
Thank you Libbyjay
I guess this is the only sensible way to look at it really, my mistake this time was trusting someone who turned out not to be the person I thought they were, I'm not sure what to take from this experience tbh that won't affect me trusting a genuine person in the future
Old 18th November 2016, 09:10

Hoping the cat's alright he's in the vets again, just for a tooth extraction this time though but he will be having a general anesthetic yet again, he really does seem to have terrible luck with his health now.

Plus I'm thinking why can't my mother cope with getting the cat to the vets on her own, I'm off work ill but she's just assumed I can go with her as I'm here.
Old 18th November 2016, 09:38
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Dammit! All this crap going on I've forgotten to pay my credit card, assume I'll now get charged

It never rains but it pours as they say, well for me it's monsoon season.
Old 18th November 2016, 13:06
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

^ Good luck going back to work Darth, I hope it works out well
(excuse the pun)
Old 18th November 2016, 13:14

Mood
Worried

Considering going to the doctors because this anxiety and depression slope is getting slippier I don't want to go back on Citalopram though, it took me actual years to get off it last time! And I can't afford a prescription while I'm not working and not claiming any benefits.

And I'm still considering cancelling my Spain trip. I'm so pathetic!
Old 18th November 2016, 16:41

I don't want to go to the gym. It's been an exhausting week and still got so much work to do over the weekend.
Old 18th November 2016, 17:07
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

I want to escape but have nowhere to go to
Old 18th November 2016, 17:57

I feel that I've never found my own personal "home", I've lived with my parents all my life and am obviously comfortable where I am (and have trouble going too far away still) but I kind of think that I really needed to find my own place in the world that I have chosen for myself that I share with that one special person (who I'm never going to meet ) to really feel that I've ended up where I'm "supposed" to be.
Old 18th November 2016, 21:21

So glad I have started working out again this week, done it every day since Monday Can't wait till my mum goes to sleep so I can try out playing Killing Floor 2 for a few hours.
Old 19th November 2016, 08:07

Mood
Relaxed

I don't wanna work anymore. I'm supposed to hibernate.