SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 16th December 2018, 22:19

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1662
Pretty pissed off.
Last night I plucked up the courage to tell my bf that I was planning to go out for a drink with a friend (an online friend who I have known for about a year, who is also gay ) and he got all funny about it, saying its not normal to meet people like that and he could be some sort of monster and it isn't safe.
Although I do understand his concerns I have known this guy for over a year now, we are friends on Facebook and I don't believe him to be a mass murderer.
I'm not good at going out meeting new people in real life, so for me, the online way is easier but he doesn't seem to understand this.
It's doing my head in and now he tells me he's going out on Friday for a pub crawl with his friends.

Well done for broaching the subject. As long as you meet an online friend in a public place and people know where you are it's pretty safe. If he can go out on a pub crawl you can meet up with your friend.
Old 16th December 2018, 22:27

^ I think a lot of people make friends online, I've met a few people and they haven't turned out to be monsters.
Old 17th December 2018, 14:53

Mood
Blah

am feeling pretty down about not having a friend. i even typed no friends into youtube
Old 17th December 2018, 15:14

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbs16
^ I think a lot of people make friends online, I've met a few people and they haven't turned out to be monsters.

Me too, none of them have tried to murder me
Old 17th December 2018, 15:48
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I'm pooped. It's been one of those days that has from a stress/sa point of view been too much. probably from anxious sleep last night.
I put my car in the garage the s'morning so i'm sitting in the library passing time until my bus. I've had enough of the shops.
Old 17th December 2018, 19:09
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Better for being home. Had something to eat, and have an old duvet wrapped around my legs watching telly.

Got to see this occupational psychologist woman tomorrow. Really not in the mood for it.
Old 18th December 2018, 04:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
Better for being home. Had something to eat, and have an old duvet wrapped around my legs watching telly.

Got to see this occupational psychologist woman tomorrow. Really not in the mood for it.
I hope your appointment goes well.
Old 18th December 2018, 09:50

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Cats
He's a very sick wee boy. His blood has massive amounts of streptococcus in it and swellings on his hand and foot. Hes just shattered and miserable. Hoping he turns a corner soon.
oh dear,. that sounds horrible Cats,..
fingers crossed he comes round and is well for Christmas,. you must be stressed to the max
Old 18th December 2018, 14:19
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

A bit moist
Old 18th December 2018, 23:46

Mood
Dramaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco Da Gama
oh dear,. that sounds horrible Cats,..
fingers crossed he comes round and is well for Christmas,. you must be stressed to the max
Thanks J I'm a wee bit gutted as I've been told today he won't be home for xmas as hes still too poorly and needs at least a further 2 weeks of aggressive IV antibiotics before they can consider changing to oral antibiotics. Going to collect my thoughts and figure how I can still give him a special day as he bloody deserves it.
Old 18th December 2018, 23:49

Mood
Alienated

^ Jinny, sorry you're feeling like this! I know you say you don't think he has ever loved you as a person, but you could be wrong! Its sometimes very difficult to tell if someone truly loves you or not - it might just be your frustration talking. Of course, if you feel he is dominating you, that is not ok. I hope you get to resolve it.
I wish I could give you some decent advice but I know nothing about relationships. I hope you get to feel better over the Christmas period

------

I think one of my New Years Resolutions will be to stop trying to open up to my Mum. I think she means well, but she manages to make me feel like its my fault and that I just need to 'look on the bright side' or 'have my glass half full'. Does she think I haven't tried that? And actually I do look for the positives in many things. Many people from her generation (NOT all) seem to have no understanding on mental health, and seem to get all their opinions from certain newspapers.
Lots of mental health advice says to open up to close ones. They don't seem to mention that you should only open up to open-minded people, who don't read the Daily Mail.
Old 19th December 2018, 02:05

^ Ha, Aleks, my mum***8217;s a Daily Mail reader too so I can totally empathise :rolleyes:

As a mother myself, I know how easy it is to say ALL the wrong things and even though I like to think that I***8217;m quite an empathetic and understanding person I***8217;m still pretty sure I***8217;d be the last person my son would ever confide in

Maybe it***8217;s partly a generational thing or perhaps it***8217;s that a mother - child relationship is just too close and it***8217;s this that makes it difficult to view things from an objective perspective - emotions and vested interests frequently getting in the way. Not sure if I***8217;m making sense here

I think you should try to continue talking to your mum as she obviously loves you but bare in mind that some of her thoughts and opinions were formed at a time when there was less understanding about mental health (and maybe hide the wretched Daily Mail from her ) Whatever you do try not to take the less enlightened things she says to heart or allow it to dent your self esteem. As you say yourself, she means well.

Often I think it***8217;s alot easier to talk openly to virtual strangers who also suffer with similar mental health issues which is why places like this are so invaluable. Keep posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1662
Pretty pissed off.
Last night I plucked up the courage to tell my bf that I was planning to go out for a drink with a friend
Did you go out with your friend? I hope you did!!!!

Quote:
Thanks J I'm a wee bit gutted as I've been told today he won't be home for xmas as hes still too poorly and needs at least a further 2 weeks of aggressive IV antibiotics before they can consider changing to oral antibiotics. Going to collect my thoughts and figure how I can still give him a special day as he bloody deserves it.
I***8217;m so sorry to hear that your son is poorly ILMC, you must be out of your mind with worry Although it***8217;s going to be a miserable Xmas for you all, hopefully there***8217;s a little comfort in knowing that your little lad is receiving the very best hospital care available. I***8217;m sure he will be spoilt rotten when he***8217;s made a full recovery and returns home but in the meantime the antibiotics and all of the TLC that you and the Nurses are undoubtedly lavishing on him will see the little guy through I***8217;m sure. Thinking about you x

@ Jinny - sorry to hear that things are difficult between you and the hubby at the moment. Obviously I don***8217;t know your husband, but I can***8217;t believe he has never loved you as a person - I mean he wanted to marry you and for you to be the mother of his children! It sounds a bit to me that all of your frustrations with Life in general are causing you to think that way. Your husband appears to have some anger issues but that***8217;s certainly not your fault. You***8217;ve been together for a long time and at times marriage can feel like a flipping life sentence but I***8217;m sure a lot of the problems can be resolved if hubby meets you half way and actually has a conversation without shouting. Would he agree to seeing a Marriage Councillor with you? If not, perhaps going to see one on your own might shock him into realising that some changes need to be made.

Sorry my advice isn***8217;t very helpful. Just wanted you to know that I***8217;m sending some positive vibes your way. Take care Jinny x
Old 19th December 2018, 09:47
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbs16
I hope your appointment goes well.
Thanks newbs It was fine, very long but fine. She seemed to think that ESA permitted work would be my best bet (providing I win my appeal). I'm seeing her again in January.
Old 19th December 2018, 13:46
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Like a doormat. "please wipe your feet here"
Old 19th December 2018, 14:06

Mood
Tired

Quote:
I've been told today he won't be home for xmas as hes still too poorly and needs at least a further 2 weeks of aggressive IV antibiotics before they can consider changing to oral antibiotics.
aww,. that's rotten,. at least he is in capable hands and getting all the help he needs,
I'm sure they seriously relax visiting hours etc. for the festive season,
I recall them doing that the past few times my mum has been in (last 3 years in a row )

Christmas will be different this year,. that's for sure anyway,
he'll always remember this Christmas, and I'm sure you'll make it special for him.
Old 19th December 2018, 14:09

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinny
I think he liked me a lot because I have social anxiety and am vulnerable, it means that he always knows where I am and nothing can threaten him.
sad to say, that seems to have been a recurring theme on here,
people often "like" us SA peeps because we often tend to be reliable and non-threatening.
Old 19th December 2018, 16:39

^ Aw thanks so much for the kind words Jinny although I’m not so sure about the place being better for me being here
Old 19th December 2018, 16:43

Mood
Cynical

^ Nice to see you back Muggins
Old 19th December 2018, 17:53

Gloomy as anything. Even though I've pretty much just finished work for the year.
Old 19th December 2018, 19:42
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I was breaking in a pair of boots yesterday and have skinned the back of my ankles. Even with plasters today my heels are red raw
Old 19th December 2018, 20:15

I'm pleased you're back muggins.
Old 19th December 2018, 22:08

I'm not suicidal, I can't allow myself to be but I really, genuinely do not want to be alive right now.
Old 19th December 2018, 22:26

^ I’ve felt that way many a time, it’s truly awful isn’t it, but like you there was no way I could ever leave my son, whatever his age. Your little lad will always need you and your love for him will help you get through this difficult time. Take care Whimsical x

Thanks Dougella, Biscuits and newbs for your very kind welcome backs, not that I’ve exactly been anywhere
Old 20th December 2018, 13:12
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Full of snot and achy
Old 20th December 2018, 17:20

Physically and mentally awful.
Old 20th December 2018, 18:01
Banned

I am currently feeling quite full up on sun flower seeds. and I've eaten about 1/10 packet. and I bought two packets.
Old 20th December 2018, 19:40

Sad. Lonely.
Old 20th December 2018, 20:26

Heartbroken. I wish I would wake up and realise this was all a dream and that he still loves me. I don't know how I'm going to get over this. It's the first time I've ever truly loved anyone, and he's just thrown it away.
Old 21st December 2018, 09:24

Mood
Musical

Been thinking these past few days of where this year has gone for me... i've come stuck in a rut to be honest i've neglected some things i used to do as i've not gone to many gigs this year something i love doing also rollerblading i've been lazy in doing that so next year i'm going try to get my life back to things i like doing and not being lazy plus i've struggled alot this year with depression hence prob why i've stopped doing these things i've mentioned so next year i need to start pushing against this black cloud... after the new year some of my friends go bouldering so might take up that... plus really want to get into my photography abit more!
Old 21st December 2018, 09:54

Mood
Blah

like a bad person cause i dont like my partner coming home drunk, fills me with bad thoughts & makes me wish i could have a fun night out come home p***** & see how he likes it (i know he wouldnt) i realise its immature