Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 5th July 2006, 19:38

Mood
Tired

Default Parents Evening Success

Hi There

I used to find school Parent's Evenings a real problem a while back but I have found recently that I don't find I am quite as anxious as I used to be. At one time I used to worry about it for days and then it became an almost impossibility when it came to going. Now, I think of it as just 5-10 minutes that I have to get through and not get all my words mixed up and talk a load of garbage because I am so nervous. It helps when I think about all the other parents going and realising that we are all different. There is nothing to be ashamed of about being quiet. I just try to be myself as much as possible (even though that is very hard). I find myself going red and clamming up a bit but the old heart doesn't beat quite as fast as it once did. It is a bit of a relief to have a reduction in this anxiety as at one time it was so bad and it really used to get me down badly. I must be on the up!
Old 6th July 2006, 01:54

Mood
Pensive

Default Re: Parents Evening Success

Well done Willow. I hate parents' evenings too. I just listen to what they have to say and say very little myself. Good sign that your anxiety has lessened in this situation
Old 6th July 2006, 11:10

Default Re: Parents Evening Success

Oh I used to hate parents evenings with a vengence - small village school, everybody nosey, teachers keeping you waiting around.

I tried to concentrate on my kids - what did they enjoy in class the most? Were they ever disruptive? Is there anything the teacher and I can work on together?

Having prepared questions helped!

Good for you

J
xxx
Closed Thread