SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 6th March 2012, 09:47

Default Housing

Hey, just after a bit of advice. I'm currently living with my mum just me an her live here. She suffers from skitzophrenia and drinks most days. She's constantly harrasing me I spend all my time in my bedroom and she's constantly coming in every ten minutes saying stupid things which I don't want to hear.

I tell her to leave me alone but once I tell her to get out she starts being abusive. I have to put my wardrobe against the door to keep her out while she shouts abuse at me like "I want you out of here I'm going to get people to come round to get you out" (I can barely leave the house) and tries to get in my room almost kicking the door down.

It's messin my head up further sometimes I start to shake in a panic and can't go anywhere because I struggle to go out. Livin here is making me more ill the only way I can start to sort my life out is if I'm away from this stress.

I'm on carers allowance at the minute because she gets dla but I can't cope anymore. I need someone to help me get on my feet help me find a coucil place or something and get me on the right benefits. Is this kind of help available? I've got no money and would need to rely on benefits until I feel well enough to work.

Does anyone know how I could find someone to help me or has anybody had help before and moved into a council property whilst on benefits? I'm pretty clueless about this sort of stuff. I can't cope here anymore and need to get away asap.
Old 6th March 2012, 09:51
Banned

Mood
Angelic

Default Re: Housing

Man this sounds rough,you need to go see a gp,get hooked up with a cpn and a psychiatrist and get on ESA asap.Good luck mate.
Old 6th March 2012, 10:01

I think that you can be declared technically homeless in a situation like that, which would help your claim.
Old 6th March 2012, 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGun
Man this sounds rough,you need to go see a gp,get hooked up with a cpn and a psychiatrist and get on ESA asap.Good luck mate.
I'm abit hesitant to go for esa I was on it a while back failed the medical then they kicked me off had to go ages without money until I felt up to visitin the job centre for job seekers allowance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy
I think that you can be declared technically homeless in a situation like that, which would help your claim.
Should I go to my local council and tell them the situation? I heard they put people in a hostel if they're homeless though which would be horrible aswell.
Old 6th March 2012, 10:34

It depends on the demand. If you have health issues that should work to your advantage a little.
You need to contact the CAB and see if they can help out with advice & letters.

You also need to let the doc know what's going on, I know that's difficult though.
Old 6th March 2012, 10:52

We'll I'm living in a shared house and claiming housing benefits you could just do that, apply to the council, they ask do you have anywhere else to live and you can just say no or explain your situation.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:35

Mood
Confused

I would ring your local social services if you can or if you're under 25 do you have a local connexions that you can contact? With you obtaining carers allowance are you and your mum already allocated a social worker? If so you need to let them know you're not coping and you need some help with this.
Old 6th March 2012, 21:31

This link might be of interest to you.

http://www.carers.org/local-centre/liverpool
Old 10th March 2012, 14:51

she wont leave me alone ive just lost it with her screamed at her an threw my boiled egg at her (lol) cant cope. Feel to SA to go out an get advice
Old 10th March 2012, 14:54

The sad truth is no one is going to step in and help if you don't ask.
Old 10th March 2012, 15:07

ive just found the email addres for my local cab should i email them and tell them?
Old 10th March 2012, 15:09

Absolutely. But the doctor should know as well. Do they have an email ? Many do these days.
Old 10th March 2012, 15:32

thanks, ive just emailed the cab id have to make an appointment at the doctors ill do that asap
Old 10th March 2012, 15:33

You've made the first step, well done
Old 10th March 2012, 15:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy
You've made the first step, well done
thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 17:34

Check out the website of your local council, they often have council housing application forms online or a telephone number to speak with the relevant department. There will also be information about eligibility for housing and the benefits you may be entitled to.